Talk to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's "Cata

Discuss ways to make polywell research more widely known or better understood. Includes education and outreach.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

eclipse

Talk to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's "Cata

Post by eclipse »

Hi all,
I'm new here.

Catalyst have broadcast all sorts of unusual tales, including the first Australian coverage of the peak oil debate. They are hip to all sorts of revolutionary newcomer sciences. For example, they just covered Agrichar. The ABC science doco "Crude" freaked everyone out by discussing peak oil in part 2 and a "Super-greenhouse" concept in part 3 of that doco.

So... I'm thinking they are totally up for any potential new breakthrough science that could alleviate peak oil and global warming.

Anyone confident at writing to the ABC requesting a 7 or 10 minute science story? Catalyst sometimes brings big business into awareness of various issues.

Then, once we've got Polywell's running everything down here, it's time to terraform Mars....
A peak oil campaigner who has spoken with Aussie politicians, and is really hoping you guys are onto something and have dotted every i and crossed every t.

MSimon

Re: Talk to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's "

Post by MSimon »

eclipse wrote:Hi all,
I'm new here.

Catalyst have broadcast all sorts of unusual tales, including the first Australian coverage of the peak oil debate. They are hip to all sorts of revolutionary newcomer sciences. For example, they just covered Agrichar. The ABC science doco "Crude" freaked everyone out by discussing peak oil in part 2 and a "Super-greenhouse" concept in part 3 of that doco.

So... I'm thinking they are totally up for any potential new breakthrough science that could alleviate peak oil and global warming.

Anyone confident at writing to the ABC requesting a 7 or 10 minute science story? Catalyst sometimes brings big business into awareness of various issues.

Then, once we've got Polywell's running everything down here, it's time to terraform Mars....
Such a move is IMO premature.

The best thing to do is to raise awareness in the public without drawing too much attention for now.

The time to move on this will be when the Navy announces success with the initial tests. 6 to 9 months.

BTW I talked (via e-mail) with the head of your fusion project. IEC Fusion was not a big interest on his part.

jlumartinez

Post by jlumartinez »

Feel yourself confident to write to ABC. You just have to write a short letter and post many Polywell links (videos, Wikipedia, Powerpoint, Patents, Papers,....) Let them get aware of Polywell. It is as simple as that . Then they will choose to make a program if they find it interesting. It will be great !!!

You can take as example this letter: viewtopic.php?t=24

This is something we should do: The target is not to upload to this "awareness" forum you ideas. The target is to do something to get your idea in action. Everyone who upload a new comment should try to do something to keep the snowball rolling on.

Keegan

Post by Keegan »

hi eclipse, i do think television coverage like that is a bit premature. Besides they need something to film, you have to remember there aren't any experimental reactors anywhere in the world, (except for the secret one in china :P) with whats left of wb6 and test equipment lying around at Spacedev. I would wait untill wb7 etc are running tests.

where are you in oz eclipse ? im in Brisbane

MSimon so im guessing you talked to someone in charge of the heliac reactor at ANU ?
Purity is Power

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Keegan wrote:hi eclipse, i do think television coverage like that is a bit premature. Besides they need something to film, you have to remember there aren't any experimental reactors anywhere in the world, (except for the secret one in china :P) with whats left of wb6 and test equipment lying around at Spacedev. I would wait untill wb7 etc are running tests.

where are you in oz eclipse ? im in Brisbane

MSimon so im guessing you talked to someone in charge of the heliac reactor at ANU ?
I'll check my e-mails and give you a name:

Dr Maurice I. Ripley
Leader, Reactor Materials and Fuels Group
ANSTO Materials and Engineering Science
Private Mailbag 1
MENAI NSW 2234
ph (02) 9717 3035 fax (02) 9543 7179
email: maurice.ripley@ansto.gov.au
www.ansto.gov.au