3d Virtual World Facility for Education and Outreach

Discuss ways to make polywell research more widely known or better understood. Includes education and outreach.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

IntLibber

3d Virtual World Facility for Education and Outreach

Post by IntLibber »

Hi everybody,
I run a virtual land business in the virtual world of Second Life and I have a big interest in polywell fusion. I've been building 3d models of polywell fusors and such and would like to offer to the members here to help build a facility for educating the public via this 3d medium about polywell fusion.

The features of SL I think are great for this purpose: building in 3d here is easy, and you can script a full polywell fusion reactor system simulator to demonstrate everything to the public, as well as present text, sound, and video features and effects. I've attached a model I've made with scripted particle effects.

I have plenty of virtual land available (think 3d web server space), so if anybody wants to help get this organized, you can log into Second Life and go to this location:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Venture%20S ... 50/128/35/

My name inworld is IntLibber Brautigan (also IntLibber BnT for company business, my company is BNT Holdings).

Mike Lorrey
BNT Holdings

here's one of the fusor with lights out to see the plasma effects...
Image[/img]

vernes

Post by vernes »

Ok, that's cool.

I think I'll take a peek one of these days.

vernes

Post by vernes »

I've just finished a simple lsl script that allows spheres that move around randomly to connect on impact.
I was hoping to continue the project an try to implement some more depth to the way these speheres link up or not.

Maybe I can simulate a very crude fussion simulator.

Current project is located here:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/The%20Tech%202/194/192/33

Just click on the glass sphere to get a menu dialog