Funding Status? General Status?

Discuss funding sources for polywell research, including the non-profit EMC2 Fusion Development Corporation, as well as any other relevant research efforts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Interested Observer

Funding Status? General Status?

Postby Interested Observer » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:49 am

Hi,

I'm very new here. Can someone get me caught up on the status? Is the Navy funding this? If so, at what level? Are the key people still involved? Will we have any way of knowing what progress is being made?

Any info is appreciated!
-(Very) Interested Observer

Keegan

Postby Keegan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:37 am

Hehe, you do seem interested :)

Basically they have limited navy funding to repeat the WB6 results. No one can confirm the exactly $ value

The team is the same minus the late Dr Bussard. With a couple of talented additions.

There is no large neon sign announcing anything. People pick up tid bits of information by being involved in the development community.

If all goes well expect publicized WB7 results mid next year. After then its anyones guess what will happen.

Thats all anyone can say really. Hope it helps

-K
Purity is Power

Interested Observer

Thanks!

Postby Interested Observer » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:08 pm

Thanks K - encouraging news. Do you know if any of the posters here are involved in the project? Will we be able to get any news of developments, or will that be restricted?

YordanGeorgiev

2 millions received from DOE

Postby YordanGeorgiev » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:11 am

It is one thing to know what to want, second to really want it, third to know how to do it, fourth to be skillful to do it,
fifth to actually do it and last but not least to not regret after doing it

MSimon

Re: 2 millions received from DOE

Postby MSimon » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:30 am

YordanGeorgiev wrote:http://nextbigfuture.com/2009/04/inertial-electrostatic-bussard-fusion.html

Pls, correct me if these are "old news" ..

Yeah. It is old news. They picked it up from my IEC Fusion blog and I picked it up from here.

http://iecfusiontech.blogspot.com/2009/ ... n-act.html
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Postby KitemanSA » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:04 pm

When he says he got it here, he means he got it from the Talk-Polywell forum, not the blog link he then inserted! :wink:

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:41 pm

KitemanSA wrote:When he says he got it here, he means he got it from the Talk-Polywell forum, not the blog link he then inserted! :wink:

And that is what it says at the blog post I linked. Kiteman got a H/T and a link back to his TP post.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Postby KitemanSA » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:45 pm

MSimon wrote: And that is what it says at the blog post I linked. Kiteman got a H/T and a link back to his TP post.
Guess I should have read the blog post. Much Grass for the H/T!

Return to “Fund-Raising”