Progressive Hate, MSNBC Style

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Re: Progressive Hate, MSNBC Style

Post by GIThruster »

Stubby wrote:Are you saying I am sick, atheism is sick or both? Just for clarification.
Are you saying atheists have no conscience? Again for clarification.
I am saying that from your first posts here, you have been regularly disingenuous, dishonest and manipulative. To make your religious standing an issue day by day and to constantly discredit yourself is pretty self-defeating.

You're one of very few here who make their religion or lack thereof an issue. The theists never do it. It's always the atheists who need to get in people's faces and cry that they're oh so persecuted and misunderstood, and that really they're nice guys we should trust. For you to then turn around and in mosts posts, demonstrate yourself so manipulative, seems pretty backward behavior.

Everyone in the Tea Party--for more than 3 years--has been saying that our national debt is placing the next generation in slavery. Leave it to you to play obtuse and form as graphic an image in the mind's eye as possible to discredit a position rhetorically rather than rationally.

I'm not a fan of Palin, but if anything she is easy to understand. This portrayal of slavery in its most extreme light is just an appeal to emotion and utterly irrational.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Teahive

Post by Teahive »

GIThruster wrote:
Teahive wrote:Jobs don't stop losing value relative to others in the absence of inflation.
I'm not sure what "relative to others" means, but relative to actual buying power is what matters. The cost of a loaf of bread as compared to the average wage is the issue. Both the middle and lower class have vastly reduced buying power the last few decades and the reason is the spending in Washington. Every time USG prints money to cover their deficit spending, they devalue all wages, and every time they sell loans they place our children in indenture.

Sound fiscal policy permits neither of these behaviors except on temporary basis for specific reasons.
The value of a job relative to other jobs is its buying power. After all, what you buy is generally the output from other jobs.

Sure, inflation devalues wages. But wages are continually adjusted to reflect their value relative to other jobs. If inflation was zero, some wages would go up, and some would go down, reflecting their supply and demand.

The problem isn't inflation, it's debt. If it was the USG itself printing the money, there would be no debt (though there would be other problems).

choff

Post by choff »

Slightly off topic, but I just saw a video by the president of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce saying there weren't enough workers in America to fill the jobs requirement, and immigration had to be reformed.

A new job seeking strategy occured to me that might benefit any unemployed American citizen. Learn to speak Spanish or any other foriegn language common amoung illegal immigrants and then try passing yourself off as an illegal to would be employers. You won't have to pay taxes and if they caught you working as an illegal you could then prove you are a naturalized American citizen. Best off, apparently illegal immigrants have access to healthcare being denied to Americans by Obamacare.
CHoff

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

choff wrote:Slightly off topic, but I just saw a video by the president of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce saying there weren't enough workers in America to fill the jobs requirement, and immigration had to be reformed.

A new job seeking strategy occured to me that might benefit any unemployed American citizen. Learn to speak Spanish or any other foriegn language common amoung illegal immigrants and then try passing yourself off as an illegal to would be employers. You won't have to pay taxes and if they caught you working as an illegal you could then prove you are a naturalized American citizen. Best off, apparently illegal immigrants have access to healthcare being denied to Americans by Obamacare.
There was a PBS program my dad was watching that had somebody go out and try to pick oranges. The fact is that when you are doing piece work like picking oranges or delivering phone books it takes technique and skill to make money at it. I tried to deliver phone books while I was out of work and it was a disaster. I did all wrong, because to do that job right you need organization and the ability to work as a group with a team to be able handle the volume required to make it pay. It takes skill. The same goes for any job. Far too many Americans don't want to take the time to learn the skills.

choff

Post by choff »

I was thinking along the lines of the guy who watched cat videos all day on the job after farming his work out overseas for a fifth of his salary. What's to say some kid out of college froze out by foreign labour couldn't pretend to be a foreigner in another country and do the work online. Even if he didn't make much, he builds up his resume/CV and when finally caught out, makes U.S. employers who only hire foreigners look like complete idiots.
CHoff

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

GIThruster wrote:
Stubby wrote:Are you saying I am sick, atheism is sick or both? Just for clarification.
Are you saying atheists have no conscience? Again for clarification.
I am saying that from your first posts here, you have been regularly disingenuous, dishonest and manipulative. To make your religious standing an issue day by day and to constantly discredit yourself is pretty self-defeating.

You're one of very few here who make their religion or lack thereof an issue. The theists never do it. It's always the atheists who need to get in people's faces and cry that they're oh so persecuted and misunderstood, and that really they're nice guys we should trust. For you to then turn around and in mosts posts, demonstrate yourself so manipulative, seems pretty backward behavior.

Everyone in the Tea Party--for more than 3 years--has been saying that our national debt is placing the next generation in slavery. Leave it to you to play obtuse and form as graphic an image in the mind's eye as possible to discredit a position rhetorically rather than rationally.

I'm not a fan of Palin, but if anything she is easy to understand. This portrayal of slavery in its most extreme light is just an appeal to emotion and utterly irrational.
I have not, in this thread, said anything remotely touching atheism or religion so why are you bringing it up?. If there is a thread or post where I deem it appropriate to bring up atheism or refute a theistic argument, I will.

I have agreed our future has been mortgaged. As I have repeatedly said: I get what she is saying. Your comprehension skills are slipping. I am not saying she is wrong. Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn every so often.

Even if Palin only meant the versions of slavery you ascribe to her comments, she can't escape the baggage that goes with the word. Chattel slavery is always going to be part of any slavery comment and thus it will be insensitive to people making that association. If she had used her brain? she would have realized that and used less controversial wording but then again maybe she wanted to tap into the emotional baggage of chattel slavery to further her agenda.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

choff

Post by choff »

Political correctness is an attack on freedom of speech.
CHoff

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Stubby wrote:Even if Palin only meant the versions of slavery you ascribe to her comments, she can't escape the baggage that goes with the word.
Such an idiotic statement. All words have multiple connotations. It's obvious from the context, Palin and those making this statement are referring to the indebtedness being incurred and the shabby circumstance this will create for the future. It in no way calls to mind people being forced to defecate in other people's mouths. Only people with evil intent can so malign the language. And just noting one more time, Stubby; your continuing obtuseness only goes to demonstrate you have this evil intent. No one in their right mind pretends that every connotation of every word is called to mind in every context.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

choff wrote:Political correctness is an attack on freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

GIThruster wrote:
Stubby wrote:Even if Palin only meant the versions of slavery you ascribe to her comments, she can't escape the baggage that goes with the word.
Such an idiotic statement. All words have multiple connotations. It's obvious from the context, Palin and those making this statement are referring to the indebtedness being incurred and the shabby circumstance this will create for the future. It in no way calls to mind people being forced to defecate in other people's mouths. Only people with evil intent can so malign the language. And just noting one more time, Stubby; your continuing obtuseness only goes to demonstrate you have this evil intent. No one in their right mind pretends that every connotation of every word is called to mind in every context.
Oh dear.
I am :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: .
Chuck Norris checks for me in his closet.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Stubby wrote:
choff wrote:Political correctness is an attack on freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

What Bashir did is not criticism. It doesn't rise to the level of criticism. It is a deliberate provocation and insult with intent to offend.

Further, it is stretching the bounds of comic Irony for someone apparently descended from Arabs to lecture others about the evils of Slavery.

Martin Bashir needs a bitch slapping.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Update. Apparently the Bitch got his chain yanked.

Last Friday, on this broadcast, I made some comments which were deeply offensive and directed at Governor Sarah Palin. I wanted to take this opportunity to say sorry to Mrs. Palin and to also offer an unreserved apology to her friends and family, her supporters, our viewers, and anyone who may have heard what I said.

My words were wholly unacceptable. They were neither accurate, nor fair. They were unworthy of anyone who would claim to have an interest in politics. And they have brought shame upon my friends and colleagues at this network, none of whom were responsible for the things that I said.

And at a place where we try every day to elevate political discourse, and to focus on issues that matter to all of us. In the battle of ideas, America leads the world in wholehearted discussions and disagreements. And these arguments can be heard on a daily basis.

But what I did on Friday had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with that great tradition. And I am deeply sorry. Upon reflection, I so wish that I had been more thoughtful, more considerate, more compassionate. But I was not. And what I said is now a matter of public record.

But if I could add something to the public record, it would be this. That I deeply regret what I said, and that I have learned a sober lesson in these last few days. That the politics of vitriol and destruction is a miserable place to be, and a miserable person to become. And I promise that I will take the opportunity to learn from this experience.

My hope is that it will renew in me a spirit of humility and humanity, that looks for the good and that builds upon the great things that this country has to offer to all of us, regardless of our political persuasion. This will be my guiding light and compass in the days ahead. But once again, I am truly sorry for what I said on Friday.

He still needs a punch in the mouth.

http://www.truthrevolt.org//news/pressu ... -apologize
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —