2014 only the hottest year on the cooked books...

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes
Posts: 6884
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Ft. Sill Oklahoma

Re: 2014 only the hottest year on the cooked books...

Postby Diogenes » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Lysenko believed plants and seeds could be acclimated to extreme elements, whereupon the offspring would be resistant. His ideas became the official dogma of Russian botany. Russian scientists who disagreed were ostracized, imprisoned, or executed. The Russian people suffered many crop failures and other privations for this. This pairing of false science with government control is known as Lysenkoism. Today, Lysenkoism is alive and well in climate science. Just as with Lysenko's false botany, governments have embraced climate alarmism. Skeptics have been ostracized but not yet fined or imprisoned.



https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... truth.html
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

paperburn1
Posts: 2253
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Third rock from the sun.

Re: 2014 only the hottest year on the cooked books...

Postby paperburn1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:53 am

Diogenes wrote:
Lysenko believed plants and seeds could be acclimated to extreme elements, whereupon the offspring would be resistant. His ideas became the official dogma of Russian botany. Russian scientists who disagreed were ostracized, imprisoned, or executed. The Russian people suffered many crop failures and other privations for this. This pairing of false science with government control is known as Lysenkoism. Today, Lysenkoism is alive and well in climate science. Just as with Lysenko's false botany, governments have embraced climate alarmism. Skeptics have been ostracized but not yet fined or imprisoned.



This is very true, but then again he did not have CRISPR and gene editing tools and I am a firm believer of Mendelian genetics

It has also occurred to me that may people might not be understanding my posts intent. And that is global warming if it does exist is an easily manageable problem and climate change has been happening since the dawn of time and quite simply we can do one of three things about it : overcome, adapt or die.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

choff
Posts: 2376
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:02 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: 2014 only the hottest year on the cooked books...

Postby choff » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:51 am

The cooked books are also of the financial variety

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/04/13/ ... usinesses/

It makes perfect sense for banks to promote global warming, it helps concentrate wealth.
CHoff

pbelter
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:52 am

Re: 2014 only the hottest year on the cooked books...

Postby pbelter » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:11 pm

choff wrote:The cooked books are also of the financial variety

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/04/13/ ... usinesses/

It makes perfect sense for banks to promote global warming, it helps concentrate wealth.


Governments want to micromanage our life using banks to circumvent limitations mandated on their power. Here in the US, they want to manage which businesses they will serve and which they don't (i.e. gun manufacturers). Fortunately, markets and technology ultimately will always find a way to circumvent totalitarian tendencies.

When cryptocurrencies take over the financial systems, governments and banks will squirm and cry foul, but ultimately they will lose. When you put a heavy-handed regime against human ingenuity the regime always looses. Banks, including central banks, will go into oblivion on a path established by the printed newspaper. Think what will happen to the government's ability to enforce the regulation, when they not only can't seize your assets, but they may not even know who you are.

Diogenes
Posts: 6884
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Ft. Sill Oklahoma

Re: 2014 only the hottest year on the cooked books...

Postby Diogenes » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:50 pm

choff wrote:The cooked books are also of the financial variety

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/04/13/ ... usinesses/

It makes perfect sense for banks to promote global warming, it helps concentrate wealth.



Which I think has always been the entire point.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes
Posts: 6884
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Ft. Sill Oklahoma

Re: 2014 only the hottest year on the cooked books...

Postby Diogenes » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 pm

paperburn1 wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
Lysenko believed plants and seeds could be acclimated to extreme elements, whereupon the offspring would be resistant. His ideas became the official dogma of Russian botany. Russian scientists who disagreed were ostracized, imprisoned, or executed. The Russian people suffered many crop failures and other privations for this. This pairing of false science with government control is known as Lysenkoism. Today, Lysenkoism is alive and well in climate science. Just as with Lysenko's false botany, governments have embraced climate alarmism. Skeptics have been ostracized but not yet fined or imprisoned.



This is very true, but then again he did not have CRISPR and gene editing tools and I am a firm believer of Mendelian genetics



No argument from me.



paperburn1 wrote:It has also occurred to me that may people might not be understanding my posts intent. And that is global warming if it does exist is an easily manageable problem and climate change has been happening since the dawn of time and quite simply we can do one of three things about it : overcome, adapt or die.



Given the forces arrayed in favor of it, I like to take opportunities given to denounce the whole thing as a fraud created solely for the purpose of acquiring power.

Communism is another such fraud. Communism always turns into a "King"/Aristocracy form of government.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ladajo
Posts: 6118
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: North East Coast

Re: 2014 only the hottest year on the cooked books...

Postby ladajo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:26 am

Communism is another such fraud. Communism always turns into a "King"/Aristocracy form of government.


As does heavy Socialism. With the added benefit that it tricks the polity into having their stuff taken, verses other approaches where it is just taken.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

choff
Posts: 2376
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:02 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: 2014 only the hottest year on the cooked books...

Postby choff » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:00 pm

Most of the Cultural Marxist thought leaders came from banking families, even Marx himself came from a family that worked as lawyers for the financial community.
CHoff


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests