No Warrant Necessary

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

No Warrant Necessary

Post by MSimon »

http://www.chicagolawbulletin.com/News- ... -2012.aspx

and

http://www.theweedblog.com/no-warrant-n ... tigations/

If you are not suspected of anything you have nothing to fear. Comrades.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

The Patriot Act really got the ball rolling and it just kept on going...

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

The Patriot Act really got the ball rolling and it just kept on going...
Yepp

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

You folks are SCREWED

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

You folks are SCREWED
I think everyone is. I dont have any illegal drugs at home, or anything illegal for that matter. But of course the question is whether that is still so relevant AFTER they have stormed your house without plausible cause.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Hmmphh. Where's the story about your iPhones' "Retina" display being used as a Fourier Optics sensor to watch you?

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

DeltaV wrote:Hmmphh. Where's the story about your iPhones' "Retina" display being used as a Fourier Optics sensor to watch you?
Written in 1948 the book was called 1984. But once again I espouse the opinion that it is not big brother we have to fear. Its little brother, the local police chief , the supermarket card, goggle scan, all gathering data to feed you products it determines you need or want. Or the local corrupt official that takes your personal data to force you out of business so he may take over. limiting your knowledge by controlling your choices.

choff

Post by choff »

Our only protection is that like the internet, the tools they use to mess with us(to quote 'Enemy of the State') can be used back against them. Once enough politicians and officials get burned by their own tech they'll stop using it.
CHoff

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

I have been collecting quotes from Thomas Jefferson lately, researching a story on inventiveness. I'm finding a lot of wisdom regarding our current situations.

http://jpetrie.myweb.uga.edu/TJ.html

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all.

The majority, oppressing an individual, is guilty of a crime, abuses its strength, and by acting on the law of the strongest breaks up the foundations of society.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” (Quoting Cesare Beccaria)

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
This is funny, because I think that the US (and the French maybe) are among the countries with the most conspiracy theories regarding their governments.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Skipjack wrote:
This is funny, because I think that the US (and the French maybe) are among the countries with the most conspiracy theories regarding their governments.
Try Turkey. Then look at the Arab countries. They live for conspiracy theories.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)