Thrust from Centripetal forces.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

MSimon wrote: You would prefer politics and global warming?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Aero wrote:Wait! I have another thought! Bear with me for a moment longer.

If I support the fulcrum of the teeter-totter with a long pole to the ground, then the Earth's surface would supply the reaction force and the whole contraption would lift as long as the pole reached the ground.
How exactly does the earth surface supply the reaction force to make the contraption lift?

If I uncoil a string of wire from the ground to the device as it lifts, would this transfer the reactive mechanical force back to the ground via the electromotive force?
You cannot use the reactive force on the wheel of a watermill to pump back the water on the top of the river and get a positive balance of energy.

Giorgio.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:My word! Seems there is such a derth in Polywell news, and even related news, that we are falling back onto Dean drives and perpetual motion schemes. Sigh! :roll:
You would prefer politics and global warming?
I propose a new section on EMdrive......

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

MSimon wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:My word! Seems there is such a derth in Polywell news, and even related news, that we are falling back onto Dean drives and perpetual motion schemes. Sigh! :roll:
EWWW, NO!! :lol:

I would like us to see if there might be some other way we can improve the knowledge base regarding Polywell. Like, perhaps in the FAQ wiki set up a hobby design sight and start actually building a Polywell ourselves. Something that might add to the data and make the final design of the demo unit more attractive. The MPG made fusion. Can we develop an improved MPG and make MORE fusion? What are the characteristics of said MPG that allowed the fusion in the first place? Was it simply a fusor or did the current THRU the grid improve things. Would a modified shape improve things more?

You know, that sort of thing.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

The difference between electrons and water is that electrons in a particle accelerator you can accelerate up to just under the speed of light (and decelerate them). In a Newtonian world this wouldn't mean anything different, but in an Einsteinian world, it matters a lot, because as any particle with mass approaches C, its mass increases. Therefore, you should generate thrust in line with the axis of greatest differential in particle mass across the centrifuge.

While there are thrusts in balance perpendicular to this axis, which derive from the accelerating and decellerating magnetic field forces, the centripetal forces operate at a right angle to these forces and as such do not cancel out generated thrust.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

KitemanSA wrote:
MSimon wrote:
EWWW, NO!! :lol:

I would like us to see if there might be some other way we can improve the knowledge base regarding Polywell. Like, perhaps in the FAQ wiki set up a hobby design sight and start actually building a Polywell ourselves. Something that might add to the data and make the final design of the demo unit more attractive. The MPG made fusion. Can we develop an improved MPG and make MORE fusion? What are the characteristics of said MPG that allowed the fusion in the first place? Was it simply a fusor or did the current THRU the grid improve things. Would a modified shape improve things more?

You know, that sort of thing.
Well how about organizing local polywell groups to work on this? I'm in Burbank, CA now, anybody else in the LA area?

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

IntLibber wrote: Well how about organizing local polywell groups to work on this? I'm in Burbank, CA now, anybody else in the LA area?
Yup, that's the ticket. I'd be active in a group in both the Olympic Peninsula area and in Northern VA. Anyone else?

Maybe we can sub-speciallize. One group might do the winding of many different magnet forms while another builds the power supplies.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

KitemanSA wrote:
IntLibber wrote: Well how about organizing local polywell groups to work on this? I'm in Burbank, CA now, anybody else in the LA area?
Yup, that's the ticket. I'd be active in a group in both the Olympic Peninsula area and in Northern VA. Anyone else?

Maybe we can sub-speciallize. One group might do the winding of many different magnet forms while another builds the power supplies.
Tom Ligon is in the NVA (heh) area. You might want to send him a PM and see if you can enlist his help.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.