Population Control Solves Alot of Problems

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MirariNefas

Post by MirariNefas »

Skipjack wrote:
I suspect he may have been painting the optimistic picture of his upper middle class though (no offense Skipjack, I'm just a skeptic), so I'd be interested if at some point you do manage to dig up some country comparisons.
Actually I am from Austria, not Germany. ...
Here my grandmother who had a minimum pension was able to afford flying to Israel, the US, Canada and many other places during her retirement. All that multiple times, actually. She owned a nice apartment and had a nice TV and she still had enough money to buy lots of stuff for herself and her closest relatives. So no, she was not suffering or poor by any means.
All that with a minimum pension.
I apologize, my mistake. For some reason I thought of you as German, but chalk that up to my poor American sense of geography. The pensions in Austria sound pretty dang nice.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I apologize, my mistake. For some reason I thought of you as German, but chalk that up to my poor American sense of geography. The pensions in Austria sound pretty dang nice.
No offense taken. Austria is nothing but a smudge of fly shit on the average globe ;)
We usually get mixed up with the Australians (who are on the other side of the globe). Germany is bordering Austria and they speak the same language, so it is not that big a mixup. Besides Austria and Germany do kinda have a history together...
Yeah most people here are really looking foreward to their retirement. There are some worries that they wont be able to keep this high standard for very much longer. Biggest problem are those that take early retirement for whatever reason (some government workers and some people that do hard physical work can retire as early as 55 ).

rcain

Post by rcain »

Brilliant peice of work (imo), by Sir David Attenborough - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... net_Earth/

... to my mind, much more how the whole Earth Science (population/energy/AGW/anti-Carbon?) debate should focus.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Only available in the UK.

rcain

Post by rcain »

Betruger wrote:Only available in the UK.
..drat - sorry about that. doesnt work via proxy either. so much for the world wide web. have to wait till a copy appears 'elsewhere' (was just broadcast on tv last night).