Climate Summit Postponed

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Climate Summit Postponed

Post by MSimon »

http://www.worldforum.org/2009WashingtonDC.htm
Dear Friends,

I want to inform you that we have decided to postpone indefinitely the Washington conference Feb. 28 – Mar. 3. I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you. There is simply not a critical mass of receptivity at this time for the kind of “Climate Summit” we have designed, which has emphasized an integral approach to climate change and the need for an “urgency coalition” to come together to take immediate and decisive action to resolve the climate crisis

As disappointed as we are that the conference will not take place, the considered opinion of all our conference partners has been that this is simply not the right time to convene a major conference of this kind in the nation’s capitol. It would have virtually no impact on either the thinking or the agenda with which the U.S. Congress and the president are now engaged, such is the paralysis to which Washington has succumbed with regard to any action on global warming. In due course, this situation will no doubt change, probably induced by a sufficiently strong climate related catastrophe, but this is the stark reality we face at the moment. As a result, raising funds and registering sufficient numbers have been extremely challenging.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

taniwha

Post by taniwha »

That sounds like double-speak for "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

Yeah, like I said... no action is being taken, nor will be taken, so you gots nothing to worry about. Unless you're afraid that if you believe in the science action will be taken. It won't. The elites don't care.
Science is what we have learned about how not to fool ourselves about the way the world is.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Josh Cryer wrote:Yeah, like I said... no action is being taken, nor will be taken, so you gots nothing to worry about. Unless you're afraid that if you believe in the science action will be taken. It won't. The elites don't care.
You think Al Gore ever cared?

If so this may amuse you:

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/2010/01/n987sa.html

Search the page for Al Gore. You can find out what he was up to before he decided to go after the Nobel Peace Prize.

Clue: it was not so peaceful. It is almost like the elites are thumbing their noses at us. Well we can thumb back.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.