So how much things are "improving" in the muslim w

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Then there is the hard cop/soft cop routine.

"See them crazy people over they? They just want to destroy your whole way of life with bombs. Now I don't want to let them. But I'm going to need your help. Please surrender. Because I can't hold them off for too much longer."

It always pays to have some outstandingly futz nuckers in your back pocket.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

mad_derek

Post by mad_derek »

Ok, you've all gone nuts.

I have previously been defined as 'to the right of Atilla the Hun', but this is just daft.

MSimon this is getting like the previous argument about electrostatics where you were simply wrong (and obnoxious) ... this time there is actually no 'proof' either way just obnoxiousness.

Sorry, but that's how it looks!
Insanity Rules!

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

mad_derek wrote:Ok, you've all gone nuts.

I have previously been defined as 'to the right of Atilla the Hun', but this is just daft.

MSimon this is getting like the previous argument about electrostatics where you were simply wrong (and obnoxious) ... this time there is actually no 'proof' either way just obnoxiousness.

Yeah. But if your remember I almost had a few people who knew better convinced.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

mad_derek

Post by mad_derek »

MSimon wrote:

Yes, you did. It still didn't make you right. And while you were wrong, your attitude was, shall we say 'poor'. I was seething ... I just didn't have the confidence at the time to say 'whoah ... this is just so wrong'

Engineering wise you are usually spot on - othertimes less so.
Insanity Rules!

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

MSimon wrote:Yeah. But if your remember I almost had a few people who knew better convinced.
This is a good thing?
Science is what we have learned about how not to fool ourselves about the way the world is.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

mad_derek wrote:
MSimon wrote:

Yes, you did. It still didn't make you right. And while you were wrong, your attitude was, shall we say 'poor'. I was seething ... I just didn't have the confidence at the time to say 'whoah ... this is just so wrong'

Engineering wise you are usually spot on - othertimes less so.
I have the confidence to make my mistakes in public. And correct them in public. Episodes like that are why the reader to commenter ratio runs high on the 'inet. Most people hate being corrected in public. I don't mind. I learn faster that way.

Tom Ligon taught me Polywell that way. A lot of folks learned too by following the conversation.

And after following all that you now have the courage to leave the ranks of just readers and join the ranks of the commenters. Welcome!

mad_derek

Post by mad_derek »

MSimon wrote: ...
And after following all that you now have the courage to leave the ranks of just readers and join the ranks of the commenters. Welcome!
Ummm ... thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to recover from a nervous breakdown so all hands to the wheel so to speak.

Whilst I am cogniscent of the fact that you do apologise when proven wrong (viz the previous remarks) your overall approach appears ... ummm ... hard. It can be difficult to get you to admit any weakness in your case whatsoever and this can appear over strident and may be counter productive.
Insanity Rules!

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

mad_derek wrote:
MSimon wrote: ...
Ummm ... thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to recover from a nervous breakdown so all hands to the wheel so to speak.

Whilst I am cogniscent of the fact that you do apologise when proven wrong (viz the previous remarks) your overall approach appears ... ummm ... hard. It can be difficult to get you to admit any weakness in your case whatsoever and this can appear over strident and may be counter productive.
It means that if you are going to change my mind you had better have a very strong case. Thus you improve yours.

It is the way the best engineering is done. I thrive on it.

I think I have mentioned before that I LOVE design reviews. Giving and receiving.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

More adversity, not less, produces the fittest arguments/designs/etc.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Betruger wrote:More adversity, not less, produces the fittest arguments/designs/etc.

Argggggggghhhhh. Matey. A man after me own black heart.

choff

Post by choff »

I remember reading one very strange conspiracy theory a couple years ago.
The gist of it was that a anti-semetic man whose primary business during the 20's and 30's was ammunition sales had two other side companies.
One company promoted Jewish immigration to the Palestine. The other sold anti-Jewish literature to Arabs. My point is, I know that Jews and Arabs are very clever people, but even smart people can be manipulated.

I also remember one caller to a TV news show that complained the Arab-Egyptian peace treaty was costing the US $25 billion per year. The guest commentator explained that the treaty was actually good for America because the money was actually used to buy American built weapons thus providing jobs for American workers.

So, to what extent are Jews and Muslims being manipulated? If pigs ever fly and hell freezes over and Israel and Hamas kiss and make up, what happens to the global arms trade.
CHoff

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

choff wrote:I remember reading one very strange conspiracy theory a couple years ago.
The gist of it was that a anti-semetic man whose primary business during the 20's and 30's was ammunition sales had two other side companies.
One company promoted Jewish immigration to the Palestine. The other sold anti-Jewish literature to Arabs. My point is, I know that Jews and Arabs are very clever people, but even smart people can be manipulated.

I also remember one caller to a TV news show that complained the Arab-Egyptian peace treaty was costing the US $25 billion per year. The guest commentator explained that the treaty was actually good for America because the money was actually used to buy American built weapons thus providing jobs for American workers.

So, to what extent are Jews and Muslims being manipulated? If pigs ever fly and hell freezes over and Israel and Hamas kiss and make up, what happens to the global arms trade.
Not much.

The Israelis sell to everyone (with some exceptions). India is buying. The US is buying (or copying). The Israelis are copying (I did a gig at Recon Optical not long after that debacle.)

And this may be unknown here but the Saudis are in a tacit alliance with the Israelis. They fear Iran more (and Hamas, and Hizballah).

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

MSimon wrote:
Betruger wrote:More adversity, not less, produces the fittest arguments/designs/etc.

"NEC ULTIMA SI PRIOR" Crash and burn baby!

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Betruger wrote:
MSimon wrote:

Could you translate?

mad_derek

Post by mad_derek »

Betruger wrote:
MSimon wrote:

ummm ... yes. The best advocate may win the day. The best data may have been overcome by the the belief that the majority view is correct. This may not be the 'advantageous' outcome. When the chairman of the relevant meeting I have always tried to 'suppress' such outcomes. When I wasn't responsible I usually sat back and laughed at the outcome. I'm afraid that I'm really not that bothered ... if at first you don't succeed ... give up - who cares!
Insanity Rules!