Do We Really Want To Bet Our Lives On the Dems?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

Do We Really Want To Bet Our Lives On the Dems?

Post by Jccarlton »

Interesting piece from the American Spectator:

http://spectator.org/archives/2010/03/0 ... reat-to-yo

The fundamental question we have to ask is, do we really want to trust our lives to the likes of Pelosi, Reid and Obama?

dweigert

Post by dweigert »

Much better them, than Bush, Cheney. and Rove.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Neither party. They're both shit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

My current attitude?

Mr. Obama and Democrat control of Congress is the best thing to happen to American politics since Jimmy Carter was President.

My grand pappy Max used to say, "they are all crooks."

But it matters if Ali Babba is bringing 40 thieves with him or 40,000.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

This admin and Democrat majorities haven't screwed up bad enough to definitely have that effect. It's still only going to be the same old pendulum swing.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Betruger wrote:This admin and Democrat majorities haven't screwed up bad enough to definitely have that effect. It's still only going to be the same old pendulum swing.
I do rather a lot of political blogging. That is not the impression I get.

What I see is that the 50% or so who are mostly politically apathetic are getting involved.

Should you care go to my blog

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/

and read today's post I have more.

seedload

Post by seedload »

dweigert wrote:Much better them, than Bush, Cheney. and Rove.
I don't really recall Bush Cheney and Rove trying to do much to my life except let me keep a little bit more of my money.

Heath_h49008

Post by Heath_h49008 »

Bush 'n Co also gave us the Medicare Drug entitlement... the largest bit of bribery to the AARP in history. (And we can't afford the Ponzi scheme that is every entitlement program !)

The Iraq war was a joke. Justified? Yeah... they violated the cease fire and gave us a legal reason to invade. But it was a stupid idea considering we never bothered to stabilize Afghanistan...

He allowed out of control spending, and only used his veto pen when stem cell research crossed his desk.

He was a tool. So was his dad who sold out gun owners and taxpayers. So was Clinton, even if he was hamstrung by the Rep. Congress for a while.

Is Obama worse? Maybe. But only because he is more of the exact same crap we have been force fed by Bush, just in larger doses.

Let it fall. Maybe, if the dollar does collapse, and people begin to care about what has been done to them, they'll get off the couch and hang a politician (or ten) from the nearest lamppost.

If you want me to back a politician, he/she needs to tell me what freedom I will get back, what huge chunk of bloated bureaucracy will be eliminated, and how we will punish the corrupt bastards who created the situation in the first place.

Until then, the sheep will be shorn because that's what they're there for.

Maui

Post by Maui »

seedload wrote:
dweigert wrote:Much better them, than Bush, Cheney. and Rove.
I don't really recall Bush Cheney and Rove trying to do much to my life except let me keep a little bit more of my money.
It's not like spending went down in their tenure, esp when you consider the pointless war. That's the true test of how much $ you are being allowed to "keep"

Granted, Obama is taking it to a whole new level, but there's no denying that whoever took over for Bush was going to need a hefty outpouring to stop the economic collapse. The biggest thing I'm dismayed about is that Obama plans after we get out of this economic funk don't bring us back anywhere close enough to even. How can you not at least *plan* to get back to even?

And, no, I don't miss Bush in the least.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

It's not like spending went down in their tenure, esp when you consider the pointless war.
The purpose of the war was to eliminate a trouble maker (done) and change the dynamic of the ME from autocracy to self government. We won't know for 20 or 30 years if the second was a success. There are hopeful signs. Elections are regularly held and they are reasonably clean.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Miss Bush? Well no. Only in the sense that I'd prefer him to Mr. o.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

MSimon wrote:
Betruger wrote:This admin and Democrat majorities haven't screwed up bad enough to definitely have that effect. It's still only going to be the same old pendulum swing.
I do rather a lot of political blogging. That is not the impression I get.

What I see is that the 50% or so who are mostly politically apathetic are getting involved.

Should you care go to my blog

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/

and read today's post I have more.
There's definitely enough info to make squeeze out sense from the mess that politics are, but it takes so much time that it's not worthwhile unless you can do something about it. E.G. if you have at least an influential blog. Or are influential and well-informed enough a speaker, to motivate others to do the right thing.

I don't know if I fit the bill, so I try not to get sucked into it. Debating fundamental truths is a slippery slope. I'd rather play it safe and focus on studying to be an engineer. But thanks for the link and thanks for writing so much good thought provoking rhetoric. Others'll say it's biased (right leaning) and so inherently flawed, but in my not so humble opinion it's more importantly excellent catalyst because well articulated, straight forward and pragmatic.

I can't just plug your blog gratuitously, but if I see good opportunities I'll recommend it.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

Just ask canadians, britons, french, japanese, spaniards, swedes, dannish, etc, etc, if they think their public healthcare systems are so bad.

what kind of a joke is this "panels of death" discussion going on in the US?

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

AcesHigh wrote:Just ask canadians, britons, french, japanese, spaniards, swedes, dannish, etc, etc, if they think their public healthcare systems are so bad.

what kind of a joke is this "panels of death" discussion going on in the US?
It isn't a joke and it isn't funny. It is the eventual and unavoidable effect of socializing medicine, and examples of it abound in the British NHS.