Polywell vs Monkhurst FRC

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Grant Castillou
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Polywell vs Monkhurst FRC

Postby Grant Castillou » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:38 pm

Zixinus

Postby Zixinus » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:20 am

Welcome to the forum. :)

Can you link details regarding this "Monkhurst-Rotorker FRC" you speak of?

Grant Castillou

MR link

Postby Grant Castillou » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:54 am

Zixinus

Postby Zixinus » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:24 am

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Focus Fusion <> Monkhurst-Rotorker FRC

Postby JoeStrout » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:12 pm

I don't think Monkhurst-Rotorker FRC is the same thing as Focus Fusion. I agree, Focus Fusion seems to have more hype than substance (in my humble opinion, and with the caveat that I haven't looked into it very deeply).

But this may be how many people perceive Polywell fusion, too. We should consider how to avoid the same snake-oil smell in our own materials (though that'd be a topic for the forum).

Monkhurst-Rotorker FRC is more plausible, I think. A comparison with polywell fusion would be very welcome, as I too am vague on the similarities and differences. Is anyone who's looked into it willing to post a summary?
Joe Strout
Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

jlumartinez

Postby jlumartinez » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:50 pm

Return to “General”