Now the Gov't will regulate your home

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

It is not what is in this bill that is worrying - it is the direction. First you declare authority. Then you squeeze.

First the camps THEN the ovens.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

MSimon wrote:It is not what is in this bill that is worrying - it is the direction. First you declare authority. Then you squeeze.

First the camps THEN the ovens.
How come nobody else gets that.

blaisepascal

Post by blaisepascal »

MSimon wrote:First the camps THEN the ovens.
We've descended to argumentum ad hitlerium already? Perfect. That means I can ignore this thread with a clear conscience.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

We've descended to argumentum ad hitlerium already? Perfect. That means I can ignore this thread with a clear conscience.
Yeah, so will I. It always comes down to this...

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I see the funny man with the mustache has clouded your mind.

What I was illustrating is that things progress. You don't start out will full fledged tyranny in even the worst of regimes.
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglas
So first thing is: get some submission. Then get some more. Make it habitual. Then more.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

there is the fact that Obama and his crew think of the American people as things to experiment on until the get it right, whatever right is:
http://weeklystandard.com/articles/nudg ... -wink-wink

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

Skipjack wrote:
Yeah, so will I. It always comes down to this...
Not at all. We can relate the current situation to the Armenian genocide, the mass disarming and murder of rural armenians by Turkish Army forces prior to WWI. 3 million murdered.

Or we can refer to the Cultural Revolution of Mao (which is apropos given several administration officials have publicly expressed admiration for Mao) which murdered at least 50 million chinese.

Or perhaps Stalin's purges in the 1930's, result, 40 million dead. Or his postwar extermination of Polish POWs released from Nazi camps and treacherously turned over to the Soviets by Roosevelt. (the Polish leadership killed yesterday in that plane crash were headed to Katyn Forest to commemorate the Katyn Massacre)... something like a half million murdered in less than a week.

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

Here's how it's going to work. People more or less giving up property rights and the realtors and lawyers being the enablers.:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/04/ ... izure.html

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

You know, I actually should welcome silly rumors like this.
Maybe, by the time I can afford one, rumors like this will have driven the real- estate prices in the US so far into the ground that I will get a dream house for a real steal. Cool!

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

I'm as wired into the contractor community as I was when I worked at the hardware store. It does seem like there is a ton more BS than there used to be. Considering what the Administration is already doing:
http://neoneocon.com/2010/04/12/next-on ... ntractors/
I don't think that silly rumors is an apt description of what is going on

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Skipjack wrote:You know, I actually should welcome silly rumors like this.
Maybe, by the time I can afford one, rumors like this will have driven the real- estate prices in the US so far into the ground that I will get a dream house for a real steal. Cool!
The price of the house just went down by the cost of the lead inspection/renovation. The money got pocketed by the contractors. You won't see a nickel of it.