Using drugs makes you stupid.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

choff wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
choff wrote:There's one very simple reason why Marijuana will not be legalized on any large scale, and that reason is, like it's pseudonym, it smells like s**t, and not just any s**t either, but the worst of the worst, with skunk thrown in on the side.
The majority of people just flat out can't stand the stink, it's so bad people are more than happy to report neighbours that use to the cops. They cheer them on when the neighbourhood stoner gets hauled off to jail, cause the improvement in air quality is such a relief.
The stoner clique are so arrogant, rationalizing and self righteous they flat out don't realize just how badly they smell or the effect it has on non-users. They won't even use inhalalators, they can't contain their enthusiasm to share the stink.
In those areas that legalize, don't be surprised if the non-users start to organize in protest.
Odd, it never smelled bad to me. I actually thought it had a rather pleasant aroma. Of course I like the smell of Cigar smoke, if it's the right type of Cigar. Perhaps my nose just isn't as sensitive as most.
Have you noticed how smokers have to light up outside of buildings, your nose must definitely not be as sensitive as most, there's a reason non-smokers don't want them indoors.
In the downtown eastside of Vancouver, there was one wheelchair bound tenant of a building using so called medical marijuana to ease the pain of her cancer. The other tenants hated the smell so badly they almost had her evicted before she was taught to use the inhalator.
These tenants live in the poorest, toughest neighbourhood in all of Canada, they don't have what you would call sensitive noses to live in one of those buildings, not by a country mile. If they can't stand the smell, how well do you think legal marijuana will go over anywhere else.
I'm sensitive to cigarette smoke. For some reason it greatly bothers me, but Cigar smoke is pleasant, if it has the right aroma.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:
so called medical marijuana to ease the pain of her cancer.
Better she should have just suffered rather than inflict the smoke on her neighbors. I hate it when people are so inconsiderate.

They might not be aware that she is smoking it to relieve her cancer pain, they may just think she's someone having a pleasure toke at their expense.

It is difficult to characterize people's motivation without enough information to make it certain.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: ...They get a quick little high out of every puff, it lasts between seconds and minutes, depending on how strong the stuff is, and how big of a dose they sucked in.

They tell me it's better than sex.
If so, it should be a self correcting problem. Let them to it unless they do "actual injury", then sue/prosecute them for that injury.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: The people Decided that drug addicts and pushers were wrongdoers, and that they injure others. They didn't do it maliciously or in a fit of pique, they did it after careful consideration of their previous experience when drugs were legal. You just don't want to accept that.
People "decided" that Jews and Catholics were wrongdoers and evil people. Some even thought that the purveyers of that evil, the rabbis and priests should be executed. But they decided that because the government wanted them to think that for the government's own purposes. Folks finally saw the insanity in those decisions and relinquished them. So it will go with drug users; and to the extent the purveyors are honest about it, the purveyors too.
Last edited by KitemanSA on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: When they spread their poison, they might snare my kids. I would rather see them dead.
So rather than raise your kid right, you want to kill other folks.

Yeah, you're sane. NOT! :lol:

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote:Are we just going to try and be clever now? Fine. We'll just occupy ourselves taking ignorant pot shots at each other.
And why should I try to prevent you from using your primary mode of argument?

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: I've got a better idea. Get a life vest, and let the rest of you silly bastards sink under the weight of your own foolishness. Would that I could do so. The trouble is, You people always want to include me in your silliness.
Not me! If you want to establish a voluntary community with such rules and make such rules clear to anyone who enters your community, fine! You have the right to voluntary action!

I just object when you decide what my community MUST be. No one is stopping you but yourself. And you are stopping yourself by trying to force everyone else into YOUR community. See to yourself, the rest will take care of themselves.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: You say people aren't rats? HA! When the ship starts sinking, the rats that CAUSED this mess, will come swimming my way. I only hope I have enough ammunition.
Please arm yourself sufficiently.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: ...They get a quick little high out of every puff, it lasts between seconds and minutes, depending on how strong the stuff is, and how big of a dose they sucked in.

They tell me it's better than sex.
If so, it should be a self correcting problem. Let them to it unless they do "actual injury", then sue/prosecute them for that injury.
The INJURY is inducing others to try this deadening poison.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote: Ah, you take the salient point of one conversation, substitute it for the salient point of a different conversation, proclaim them equal, and then chide me for saying such a thing. Brilliant! (Cough-Strawman-Cough Cough)
You have an interesting method of "winning" an argument. Make a general but preposterous statement like "all jews kill christian babies" then backpetal and say "but I was only talking about the ones that do, and you would know that if you read everything I ever wrote, so I am right!"

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: The people Decided that drug addicts and pushers were wrongdoers, and that they injure others. They didn't do it maliciously or in a fit of pique, they did it after careful consideration of their previous experience when drugs were legal. You just don't want to accept that.
People "decided" that Jews and Catholics were wrongdoers and evil people. Some even thought that the purveyers of that evil, the rabbis and preasts should be executed. But they decided that because the government wanted them to think that for the government's own purposes. Folks finally saw the insanity in those decisions and relinquished them. So it will go with drug users; and to the extent the purveyors are honest about it, the purveyors too.
These misdeeds of the majority in the past were the result of prejudice and ignorance.

The correct actions taken by the majority nowadays are the result of actual prior tolerance and subsequent knowledge.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Diogenes wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: I, and most people for the last century, Disagree with you.
Not proven, but even if so it just means that a true democracy (especially the statistical form this country was started with but which has been subverted by the awyers) is better than the mobocracy you seem to be so in love with.
I would point out that the fact the law has been that such substances are illegal, and have been for a long time, ought to be sufficient proof to demonstrate to any person capable of comprehension, that the point is proven.

It certainly doesn't prove the converse.
Missed the point dude!

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: When they spread their poison, they might snare my kids. I would rather see them dead.
So rather than raise your kid right, you want to kill other folks.

Yeah, you're sane. NOT! :lol:

There is nothing you can do in raising your kids to protect them from a cloud of poison, either the actual poison that the drug represents, or the philosophical poison that indulgence of it represents.

You might as well try to protect them from air pollution. The only corrective actions are to move them far away where the poison has not reached, or eliminate the source of the poison.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Are we just going to try and be clever now? Fine. We'll just occupy ourselves taking ignorant pot shots at each other.
And why should I try to prevent you from using your primary mode of argument?
You can't. You can't even prevent me from using my secondary mode of argument, but Lord how you try! :)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: I've got a better idea. Get a life vest, and let the rest of you silly bastards sink under the weight of your own foolishness. Would that I could do so. The trouble is, You people always want to include me in your silliness.
Not me! If you want to establish a voluntary community with such rules and make such rules clear to anyone who enters your community, fine! You have the right to voluntary action!

Great! It's called the United States of America. Now obey the rules! :)

KitemanSA wrote: I just object when you decide what my community MUST be. No one is stopping you but yourself. And you are stopping yourself by trying to force everyone else into YOUR community. See to yourself, the rest will take care of themselves.

If you are older than the drug laws, then you might have an argument, but if you were born after them, then you were born into a community in which the default rules are the ones I advocate. If you want to change the rules, follow the rules for changing the rules. Don't just pretend they don't apply to you, or that they mean something different. That is the tactics of Liberals, who recognize no authority but the state when they rule it.
Last edited by Diogenes on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.