Using drugs makes you stupid.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

This is how it works folks. Convenience stores sell these little glass roses. They are usually displayed prominently right next to the brillo scouring pads.

The addict buys the tube and brillo, takes some of the steel wool like substance of the brillo and stuffs it into the end of one tube. They then take a rock, place it on the end of the tube and suck through the tube while lighting the crack with a lighter. They get a quick little high out of every puff, it lasts between seconds and minutes, depending on how strong the stuff is, and how big of a dose they sucked in.

They tell me it's better than sex.

After they've smoked enough crack through the pipe, some of the smoke congeals on the inside of the glass in the form of a dirty brownish stain. When junkies are out of crack rocks, they will then smoke the "push".

They take a piece of clothes hanger, and push the brillo pad back and forth through the tube, thereby scrapping the brown stain onto the brillo pad. Once they have done this sufficiently, they can then smoke the "push" which is the residue trapped in the brillo pad.

That is EXACTLY what they do, and I didn't read it in a government report. I've seen it done first hand, many times.

I think that the reason for so much ignorance out there regarding this issue is the fear of hanging around with these people. Most of the crack dealers are black and often dangerous. The town I live in is notably absent of racial animosity, and the relationships between black and white folk in this town are relatively good. This town is the beneficiary of a significant military base, and the military attitude of accepting other races as equal has created an environment with very low racial hostility.

For that reason, it is probably safer for a white person to delve into the dark recesses of the underground drug culture, and see for themselves what is going on. I would be hesitant to try such a thing in Chicago, or Baltimore, but it was not AS risky in this town.

I've rummaged through the black (and white) subculture in this town, and i've seen much of what they do, and how, and why, they do it. I've been to black churches, black clubs, crack houses, mansions, hotel rooms, strip clubs, dark streets, family get togethers, and i've met pimps, whores, gang bangers, addicts, thieves, transvestites, nuts, queers, snitches, narcs, johns, dealers, merchants, lesbians, boosters and street prophets. I've met saints, sinners and fools. I've created long time friendships with people i've met in these situations, and I have been taken into many people's confidence.

I am not relating a study, I am relating what I have seen personally with my own two eyes, and what I've heard with my own two ears. The people of the street mostly know each other, and they have their own rituals and protocols as well as their own social structure. I knew the Queen of the Street, and I knew the King as well. They had their own reasons for living the life they lived, and i'll not go into details on that, suffice it to say, I understand probably better than most the despair that some people endure, and which drives them to try and forget their troubles.

I wish them all well in their pursuits in life, but I fear that for some of them, happiness is not going to be in the cards.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: I advocate only so much government as we need, and no more. I regard it as the proper task of government to punish wrongdoers for their reckless disregard and actual injuries which they cause others.
With you deciding how much is needed? "Wrongdoers", with you deciding what is wrong. "Reckless disregard" with you deciding what is reckless.

The only statement you make that is objective and with which I agree is the "actual injuries".
You accuse me of claiming the "Wisdom of God" yet you arrogantly question the Will of the people for the last Century in defining these things?

The people Decided that drug addicts and pushers were wrongdoers, and that they injure others. They didn't do it maliciously or in a fit of pique, they did it after careful consideration of their previous experience when drugs were legal. You just don't want to accept that.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
KitemanSA wrote: Civilization is a flotilla with each person capitan of their own junk; not a single ship with a single capitan/dictator.
We aren't in separate ships. We are in the same ship. I WISH they were in another ship!
You would be in different ships if you didn't insist on them being pulled into your own. Let them float or sink their own and prevent them from harming yours. That is the legitimate purpose of government.
When they spread their poison, they might snare my kids. I would rather see them dead.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote:It doesn't kill all the rats, just most of them.

What percentage of the population should we throw away?
Personally, I'd be happy to throw away the entire population of rats.

But Dude, people AREN'T rats.

Get it?

No? Didn't think so.
Are we just going to try and be clever now? Fine. We'll just occupy ourselves taking ignorant pot shots at each other.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: If it were "Self Healing" as you assert, the bailing would eventually drain all the water. The fact that the bailing is being maintained at a steady (if not increasing rate) demonstrates that the speed at which the hull repairs is equal to the rate the damage occurs. Which is no faster than the bailing can get rid of the water.

New injuries keep occurring because drug usage is contagious. It's truly like a disease in that regard.
Nope. It is overwhelmed by those who try to do good by doing wrong. Their "frenetic bailing" knocks more holes than any number of drug USERS could ever make. Stop "bailing frenetically", stop knock big holes in the hull, and the hull will heal.

Unless someone else starts another brand of frenetic hatred.
I've got a better idea. Get a life vest, and let the rest of you silly bastards sink under the weight of your own foolishness. Would that I could do so. The trouble is, You people always want to include me in your silliness.

You simply don't understand that your drug usage spreads to my environment. It won't be contained at a distance, it will scurry like roaches into people's lives who want nothing to do with it.

You say people aren't rats? HA! When the ship starts sinking, the rats that CAUSED this mess, will come swimming my way. I only hope I have enough ammunition.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: Some people are rats, some people are chickens, some people are lions, and most people are sheeple.
No, people are people. They are not animals, even made-up animals. They are sapient beings. And as such, they have the right to voluntary action.
Some are, others are just SAPs. Voluntary action is meaningless when it involves you tampering with your decision making processes.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: They are even more contagious when they are legal. I offer Alcohol and Cigarettes as examples.
If they are so "contageous", why do the companies that sell them have to spend HUGE amounts on advertising? Even when legal, this stuff has to be PUSHED. Personally, I would like to see more lawsuits by new users against the companies for fraud in advertising. That would reduce the usage even more. Same would work with drugs. Sue the pusher!
Cigarette advertising on television has been illegal since the 60s, if I remember correctly. Likewise, I seldom see advertisements for alcohol, except in the form of beer commercials.

In these cases, it has more to do with pushing a BRAND, not a product. The product sells itself, the advertising is to convince people to buy your version of it.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

You simply don't understand that your drug usage spreads to my environment.
Too late. And the drug laws have done nothing to stop it.

But I applaud you for being a vigorous advocate of policies that you admit don't work. The very same disease you accuse liberals of. The Progressives have won. Not in the sense of their policies but the mind set:

There is no limit to the amount of good you can do by putting government guns to people's heads.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: It is well known that the topic of discussion is banned and controlled substances. Why would you throw caffeine (Found in common drinks such as tea and coffee) into the discussion other than to obfuscate?
Was it? I seem to recall many statements about addictive drugs, and at least one where you stated you were NOT talking about MJ, a banned and controlled substance.

Ah, you take the salient point of one conversation, substitute it for the salient point of a different conversation, proclaim them equal, and then chide me for saying such a thing. Brilliant! (Cough-Strawman-Cough Cough)

KitemanSA wrote: Make up your mind about the subject and define it clearly and objectively. Until then, all I can do is respond to your general tenor.

Why should I do that? You do it for me, as demonstrated in the above example.

KitemanSA wrote: Which is it? Illegal? Addictive? Chinese-menu that suits you for a specific posting that we are required to magically divine from you superior literary skills? :roll:
Well, it is kind of you to acknowledge my superior literary skills, if your's were in the same league I wouldn't have to answer this question.

In order to determine what is the flavor of the topic du jour, you have to pay attention to the flow of the conversation. We cover both general and specific topics, and one needs to know how to distinguish the two in the context of the conversation. Perhaps if you follow along silently for awhile, you might acquire the knack. :)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: I, and most people for the last century, Disagree with you.
Not proven, but even if so it just means that a true democracy (especially the statistical form this country was started with but which has been subverted by the awyers) is better than the mobocracy you seem to be so in love with.
I would point out that the fact the law has been that such substances are illegal, and have been for a long time, ought to be sufficient proof to demonstrate to any person capable of comprehension, that the point is proven.

It certainly doesn't prove the converse.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: One does not need the wisdom of God to see that some forms of entertainment ought not be tolerated because they injure innocent people.
Which particular "innocent people"? If an innocent person is harmed, prosecute the offender. What is the issue? But you don't mean "innocent", you mean everyone who CHOOSES to participate. Hardly "innocent".
The offenders are those people who make the substances available, and spread the contagion to people who would not otherwise be cursed with it.
KitemanSA wrote:
Death, Disease, and Destruction are not entertainment.
Really? You watched TV lately?
News flash for you buddy, that stuff is fake. Real death isn't entertaining to anyone but a psychopath. Go watch "faces of death", or Daniel Pearl getting murdered, and tell us how many times you laughed.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:
You simply don't understand that your drug usage spreads to my environment.
Too late. And the drug laws have done nothing to stop it.

But I applaud you for being a vigorous advocate of policies that you admit don't work. The very same disease you accuse liberals of. The Progressives have won. Not in the sense of their policies but the mind set:

There is no limit to the amount of good you can do by putting government guns to people's heads.
Actually, I am NOT a vigorous advocate for polices that don't work. I say after so many failed experiments, it's time to try something else. Looking back into history for a clue as to what might have worked in the past, I come across the Chinese experience with drugs.

By golly, I think THAT approach might work! I'm advocating THAT!

Unfortunately, the public isn't yet with me on this one. I think they're not smart enough to see which way things are going, and avoid the misery they are going to face in the future. Some of them will never learn, and their votes will have to be taken off the table with their death, as you have pointed out. In the meantime, we are going to have the status quo because the public is okay with the current level of death and destruction.

choff

Post by choff »

Diogenes wrote:
choff wrote:There's one very simple reason why Marijuana will not be legalized on any large scale, and that reason is, like it's pseudonym, it smells like s**t, and not just any s**t either, but the worst of the worst, with skunk thrown in on the side.
The majority of people just flat out can't stand the stink, it's so bad people are more than happy to report neighbours that use to the cops. They cheer them on when the neighbourhood stoner gets hauled off to jail, cause the improvement in air quality is such a relief.
The stoner clique are so arrogant, rationalizing and self righteous they flat out don't realize just how badly they smell or the effect it has on non-users. They won't even use inhalalators, they can't contain their enthusiasm to share the stink.
In those areas that legalize, don't be surprised if the non-users start to organize in protest.
Odd, it never smelled bad to me. I actually thought it had a rather pleasant aroma. Of course I like the smell of Cigar smoke, if it's the right type of Cigar. Perhaps my nose just isn't as sensitive as most.
Have you noticed how smokers have to light up outside of buildings, your nose must definitely not be as sensitive as most, there's a reason non-smokers don't want them indoors.
In the downtown eastside of Vancouver, there was one wheelchair bound tenant of a building using so called medical marijuana to ease the pain of her cancer. The other tenants hated the smell so badly they almost had her evicted before she was taught to use the inhalator.
These tenants live in the poorest, toughest neighbourhood in all of Canada, they don't have what you would call sensitive noses to live in one of those buildings, not by a country mile. If they can't stand the smell, how well do you think legal marijuana will go over anywhere else.
CHoff

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

so called medical marijuana to ease the pain of her cancer.
Better she should have just suffered rather than inflict the smoke on her neighbors. I hate it when people are so inconsiderate.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

choff

Post by choff »

They are the poorest of the poor, no strangers to suffering themselves.
CHoff