Political "Science", ignoring reality

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

Political "Science", ignoring reality

Post by Jccarlton »

Obama's EPA ignores science when considering regulations. For instance, the laws of thermodynamics:

http://floppingaces.net/2011/09/08/epa- ... eader-post

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

The EPA writes and enforces its regulations that are based on laws passed by the Congress.
Congress != Obama
Just had to point that out.

Scupperer

Post by Scupperer »

Skipjack wrote:
The EPA writes and enforces its regulations that are based on laws passed by the Congress.
Congress != Obama
EPA = Obama

The EPA is a creature of the WH and is now creating and enforcing regulations that have not been approved by congress, and even in direct contradiction to congress - the CO2 crap being one of those.

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/06/02/sen ... -property/
Perrin Ehlinger

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

article posted by Jccarlton wrote:The EPA writes and enforces its regulations that are based on laws passed by the Congress.

Scupperer

Post by Scupperer »

Skipjack wrote:
article posted by Jccarlton wrote:The EPA writes and enforces its regulations that are based on laws passed by the Congress.
Reality differs. Repetition doesn't change that.
Perrin Ehlinger

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

Skipjack wrote:
Congress != Obama
Under the curent Administration the EPA has basically twisted those laws into pretzels and served them right up to their cronys. This is how they operate.

Axil

Post by Axil »

The Obama administations is attempting to appease Big Oil and other special interests who are against public health protections and would cost could cost up to $90 billion annually in 2020 according to a study. In the same analysis a projected health benefits as high as $100 billion annually through reduced asthma and other respiratory ailments, avoided hospital visits and other benefits.

The surprise White House decision Friday to shelve tougher smog regulations may not allow President Obama to breathe easier politically.

Kevin Book, an analyst with the consulting firm ClearView Energy Partners, believes Obama’s ozone decision could be politically helpful to the White House.

“The first thing the Obama administration gains is the ability to say, ‘Look, I identified the most expensive regulation and I eliminated it,’” Book said.

“He is never going to get Republican votes for loosening environmental standards, but he could get independent votes by showing flexibility on fiscal issues,” Book said.

But the White House retreat on the ozone battered a green movement that’s already getting less than it hoped for under the Obama administration, despite wins on increased vehicle efficiency and some other policies.

Obama’s decision to overrule the EPA is nonetheless a victory for an array of major business groups — such as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Manufacturers and the American Petroleum Institute — that took their case against the ozone rule directly to White House chief of staff Bill Daley.

National Association of Manufacturers CEO Jay Timmons praised the ozone retreat as “the right move to protect jobs.”

Jccarlton

Post by Jccarlton »

Axil wrote:The Obama administations is attempting to appease Big Oil and other special interests who are against public health protections and would cost could cost up to $90 billion annually in 2020 according to a study. In the same analysis a projected health benefits as high as $100 billion annually through reduced asthma and other respiratory ailments, avoided hospital visits and other benefits.

The surprise White House decision Friday to shelve tougher smog regulations may not allow President Obama to breathe easier politically.

Kevin Book, an analyst with the consulting firm ClearView Energy Partners, believes Obama’s ozone decision could be politically helpful to the White House.

“The first thing the Obama administration gains is the ability to say, ‘Look, I identified the most expensive regulation and I eliminated it,’” Book said.

“He is never going to get Republican votes for loosening environmental standards, but he could get independent votes by showing flexibility on fiscal issues,” Book said.

But the White House retreat on the ozone battered a green movement that’s already getting less than it hoped for under the Obama administration, despite wins on increased vehicle efficiency and some other policies.

Obama’s decision to overrule the EPA is nonetheless a victory for an array of major business groups — such as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Manufacturers and the American Petroleum Institute — that took their case against the ozone rule directly to White House chief of staff Bill Daley.

National Association of Manufacturers CEO Jay Timmons praised the ozone retreat as “the right move to protect jobs.”
The only problem with that ozone regulation was that, well, there was no way to achieve it with current technology or for that matter any technology as the EPA itself admits:
http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/20 ... one-fairy/
See thermodynamics, laws of.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Scupperer wrote:
Skipjack wrote:
Reality differs. Repetition doesn't change that.
I think Skipjack missed the important part of what he quoted:
I've seem plenty of crappy things in my life that were based on really good ideas. I'll be honest, I don't know if this is another one of them, but it sure sounds like it.