Crime and Punishment: Oklahoma (& Texas) style!

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster
Posts: 4686
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Postby GIThruster » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:30 pm

If that becomes Corey's whole case, she will lose. There is no evidence Zimmerman is a racist or that he instigated the situation. Even if he had, everyone has the right to use lethal force in defense of their own life, and there is a witness that says Martin was on top of Zimmerman, repeatedly bashing his head into the ground. What better case can be made for fear of immanent death?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Stubby
Posts: 877
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Postby Stubby » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Just because he racially profiled someone doesn't make him a racist.

and how can you say he didn't instigate the events? Mr Martin was on his way home with snackies and talking to his girlfriend on a cell phone.

Do you think the Mr. Martin just walked up to Mr. Zimmerman and started a beat down? Maybe the victim figured he had a few extra minutes of half time of the All-Star game left so why not beat up some random dude?

maybe Mr. Martin thought [u]his/u] life was in danger and 'stood his ground'.
Unfortunately bringing a bag of chips to a gun fight usually doesn't end well.

Fooling around with discovery is a sure fire way to mistrial or over turn on appeal which might be the intent.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Diogenes
Posts: 6824
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Ft. Sill Oklahoma

Postby Diogenes » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:21 pm

GIThruster wrote:It is not a 2 minute hate session that is so concerning to me as the fact that specific outlets such as CNN, chose this case to manipulate and then did just that. The "processing" of the phone recording to try and present the victim as racist was bad enough, but it is the press that pushed this issue until the police finally brought charges for political reasons.

You have to ask yourself who is safe when the media is able to manufacture charges like this and have a man incarcerated purely to push their political agenda.



From years of studying the problem, I am becoming more and more convinced that the Media needs to be nuked. The sane part of the nation needs to wage economic warfare against these people and put them out of business.


The Media's intentional manipulation of government power has long been a dire threat to our freedom. It is way past time for us to have fought back.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes
Posts: 6824
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Ft. Sill Oklahoma

Postby Diogenes » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:23 pm

williatw wrote:
hanelyp wrote:The standard of jurist prudence that is supposed to prevail in the US allows the defense the best access to any and all evidence (consistent with them not disappearing or altering the only copy). If the Zimmerman defense needed a court order to get a high quality copy of photographic evidence, something is sorely amiss in that precinct.


Angela Corey will argue if Zimmerman had not "hounded" and "pursued" Martin "backing him into a corner" after racially profiling him, then the events leading to Zimm shooting him would not have happened. Therefore it makes no difference if Martin punched first and was allegedly hitting him when Zimm shot him, she will say Zimm was at fault for having "caused the situation".



She better hope to get a "Simpson Jury" or that argument is simply not going to fly.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Stubby
Posts: 877
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Postby Stubby » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:34 pm

One wonder's what other amendments digot want to repeal (oops i should say nuke)

Most if not all totalitarian regimes abhor freedom of the press; in contrast most democratic states revere it. What kind of country does digot and his ilk want to live in?
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Blankbeard
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Postby Blankbeard » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Stubby wrote:Just because he racially profiled someone doesn't make him a racist.

and how can you say he didn't instigate the events? Mr Martin was on his way home with snackies and talking to his girlfriend on a cell phone.

Do you think the Mr. Martin just walked up to Mr. Zimmerman and started a beat down? Maybe the victim figured he had a few extra minutes of half time of the All-Star game left so why not beat up some random dude?

maybe Mr. Martin thought [u]his/u] life was in danger and 'stood his ground'.
Unfortunately bringing a bag of chips to a gun fight usually doesn't end well.


No, and although I think Zimmerman was legally justified in his shooting, I also think had he shown better decision making skills this wouldn't have ended with a dead body at all. In particular, had he readied his weapon sooner, he probably wouldn't have had to use it. Martin probably felt that Zimmerman's challenge to him was disrespect and became aggressive in response. Not an excuse, just a possible explanation.

Stubby wrote:Fooling around with discovery is a sure fire way to mistrial or over turn on appeal which might be the intent.


Prosecutors seldom face censure for abuse of power. The odds are stacked for the state. That's part of the reason US prosecutors have higher conviction rates than authoritarian countries.

Stubby wrote:One wonder's what other amendments digot want to repeal (oops i should say nuke)

Most if not all totalitarian regimes abhor freedom of the press; in contrast most democratic states revere it. What kind of country does digot and his ilk want to live in?


I doubt if there's a plan. What ever happens though, you have to remember
Image

If I could find one with a donkey and an elephant hugging each other, I would post it. Love the EU one though.

Diogenes
Posts: 6824
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Ft. Sill Oklahoma

Postby Diogenes » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Stubby wrote:One wonder's what other amendments digot want to repeal (oops i should say nuke)



And it is comments like this which explain why I regard you as one of the few people on this website utterly unworthy of respect. Freedom of speech is not the issue, what is the issue is how New York Hired Liberal Democrat Union members impose their views on everyone else without allowing dissenting viewpoints being allowed to receive anything approaching equal air time.


The party apparats runs the News and entertainment industries in this country. They use their power and influence to help tip elections towards the people who agree with them ideologically. They are one sided, and biased in the extreme, and those of us who hold dissenting views should not patronize or fund them by viewing their products.

Some how, you with your twisted thinking, have translated an expression of our own rights into a suppression of their rights. F*** YOU.


Stubby wrote:One

Most if not all totalitarian regimes abhor freedom of the press; in contrast most democratic states revere it. What kind of country does digot and his ilk want to live in?



Oh, i'm all in favor of freedom of the press, but for everybody, not just those people who are Hired in New York or Los Angeles and who express only the opinions popular among the cultural elite of those areas. The Television system has replaced the court house steps as the new means of addressing the voting public, and Liberal Democrats Union Members from New York censor and severely curtail any speech with which they disagree.

You may pretend to support freedom of speech, but I'm pretty confident that you are perfectly content with a system that promulgates constant liberal propaganda (Anyone watch "Family Guy" this weekend?) and suppresses and/or mocks and disparages any speech with which the "beautiful people" disagree.

No, it's long past the time where we had REAL freedom of speech.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes
Posts: 6824
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Ft. Sill Oklahoma

Postby Diogenes » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Blankbeard wrote:
I doubt if there's a plan. What ever happens though, you have to remember


Image substituted to put the shoe on the proper foot where it belongs.
Image


Blankbeard wrote:If I could find one with a donkey and an elephant hugging each other, I would post it. Love the EU one though.



Funny you should post that, because you have captured the essence of what the National News and Entertainment industries look like from my perspective. Even more appropriate, they are on the side of Socialism, same as the NAtionalsoZIalistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei
Last edited by Diogenes on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Stubby
Posts: 877
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Postby Stubby » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:17 am

Right back atcha, digot!
Your admission that you consider the KKK, NAZI party and skinhead organisations and many many other hateful groups 'credible' and 'above reproach' makes you the singularly most disgusting, morally corrupt member here.

You said you wanted to nuke all media. Assuming you are not a sadistic monster just killing people for fun, the other option is that you want to silence (nuke) the media because you don't agree with what they say.

You go on to say you really meant that only the liberal media should be 'driven out of business'.

You only want media outlets you and your ilk can control, nice state-run tv and newspapers that spout your foul ideas and programs.

Please provide a definition for the rest of us:
Who or what is the 'sane part of the nation'?
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Blankbeard
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Postby Blankbeard » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:57 am

Diogenes wrote:Funny you should post that, because you have captured the essence of what the National News and Entertainment industries look like from my perspective. Even more appropriate, they are on the side of Socialism, same as the NAtionalsoZIalistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei


Ok, I have no problem with the image you posted. I certainly hope you don't think you're goring my ox with it. As I said, I like the EU one best although I think the one you posted is the best artwork of the ones I've seen.

HOWEVER, you edited the quote of me to make it appear I posted that image. While I have no problem with the image I did not post it. Edit your quote of me to make it clear that I did not post that image. Take responsibility for what you post, don't hide behind me.

Blankbeard
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Postby Blankbeard » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 am

Stubby wrote:Right back atcha, digot!


I can't speak for him but for an extreme social conservative the list looks like this

Repealed
21, maybe 17 and 26

Gutted (Changed so as to effectively eliminate the intent
1, 4, 8,9,10

The extremes on both ends seem to want to rewrite the 1rst to be "everyone is entitled to our opinion. 8,9, and 10 are effectively dead letters at this point.

I think you could make a similar list for our friends on the opposite end of the spectrum. It's mostly the same. 21, 17 and 26 drop out as does 4. 5 comes in because of the takings clause that I've heard "mainstream" progressives decry. The second is gone, of course. Maybe 11 too.

Extreme libertarians generally only have a problem with 16, as far as I can see.

williatw
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby williatw » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Blankbeard wrote:I can't speak for him but for an extreme social conservative the list looks like this

Repealed
21, maybe 17 and 26

Gutted (Changed so as to effectively eliminate the intent
1, 4, 8,9,10

The extremes on both ends seem to want to rewrite the 1rst to be "everyone is entitled to our opinion. 8,9, and 10 are effectively dead letters at this point.

I think you could make a similar list for our friends on the opposite end of the spectrum. It's mostly the same. 21, 17 and 26 drop out as does 4. 5 comes in because of the takings clause that I've heard "mainstream" progressives decry. The second is gone, of course. Maybe 11 too.

Extreme libertarians generally only have a problem with 16, as far as I can see.


Don't trust the right wing conservatives any more than the left wing liberals, neither has any respect for the Constitution. Which is why I agree with the idea that maybe the 2nd amendment may be the most important one of all. There is a news story (heard originally on Fox) that maybe Obama is planning on re-categorizing a whole host of semiautomatic weapons as heavily regulated fully automatics under the pretext of their allegedly being easy to modify to full auto. They would all be regulated like machine guns...sure they would figure out a way to include semi-auto pistols to like my Glock 26 and my Beretta. Wouldn't require an act of Congress, just presidential instructions to the ATF.

http://www.themoralliberal.com/2012/11/ ... -firearms/

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-t ... rns-expert

Diogenes
Posts: 6824
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Ft. Sill Oklahoma

Postby Diogenes » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Stubby wrote:Right back atcha, digot!
Your admission that you consider the KKK, NAZI party and skinhead organisations and many many other hateful groups 'credible' and 'above reproach' makes you the singularly most disgusting, morally corrupt member here.



Words fail. You are a sick lying bastard @sshole. That is all anyone needs to know about you. You have no example of me admitting any such thing because I regard such groups as reprehensible, but the truth never got in your way before.

I'm thinking it's about time to call the question on your presence here.



Stubby wrote:You said you wanted to nuke all media. Assuming you are not a sadistic monster just killing people for fun, the other option is that you want to silence (nuke) the media because you don't agree with what they say.



"Nuke" is a metaphor... Idiot.


Stubby wrote:You go on to say you really meant that only the liberal media should be 'driven out of business'.



You mean almost all of them. Yes, the Liberal media should be driven out of business and replaced by a media that represents all the divergent opinions of this nation. A non-left-wing-propaganda media. What a concept!!


Stubby wrote:You only want media outlets you and your ilk can control, nice state-run tv and newspapers that spout your foul ideas and programs.



The ideas currently being promulgated by the currently state-run Media systems are the ones that are foul.

More examples of how the current media is controlled by the state.


Stubby wrote:Please provide a definition for the rest of us:
Who or what is the 'sane part of the nation'?


Among other things, it is the part that doesn't follow a policy of spending more money than it Makes. Advocates for the current Federal leviathan are not among the sane.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes
Posts: 6824
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Ft. Sill Oklahoma

Postby Diogenes » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Blankbeard wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Funny you should post that, because you have captured the essence of what the National News and Entertainment industries look like from my perspective. Even more appropriate, they are on the side of Socialism, same as the NAtionalsoZIalistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei


Ok, I have no problem with the image you posted. I certainly hope you don't think you're goring my ox with it. As I said, I like the EU one best although I think the one you posted is the best artwork of the ones I've seen.

HOWEVER, you edited the quote of me to make it appear I posted that image. While I have no problem with the image I did not post it. Edit your quote of me to make it clear that I did not post that image. Take responsibility for what you post, don't hide behind me.



à bon chat, bon rat. But Wilco. There might be someone reading the dialogue who is too stupid to get the joke. Given some of the denizens here, I wouldn't be surprised.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Stubby
Posts: 877
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Postby Stubby » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Diogenes wrote:
Stubby wrote:Right back atcha, digot!
Your admission that you consider the KKK, NAZI party and skinhead organisations and many many other hateful groups 'credible' and 'above reproach' makes you the singularly most disgusting, morally corrupt member here.



Words fail. You are a sick lying bastard @sshole. That is all anyone needs to know about you. You have no example of me admitting any such thing because I regard such groups as reprehensible, but the truth never got in your way before.

I'm thinking it's about time to call the question on your presence here.


Again.RIGHT. BACK. AT. YOU.

One. I am not lying about what you said. I will quote it below. No doubt you will claim to have misspoken. I am sure you didn't. You let the mask slip and we got to see the 'real' you.

Two. My parents were married 10 months before I was born.

Three. ad hominem. You can't refute the argument so attack the messenger. Classic.



Diogenes wrote:
Stubby wrote:
Family Research Institute


Quote:

The Family Research Institute is designated an anti-gay hate group[4] by the nonprofit civil rights organization[5][6][7] Southern Poverty Law Center[8][9] because of Cameron's discredited research and claims about LGBT people.



Well, that's all I need to know about them to consider them credible. Anybody labeled a "hate group" by the Nuts and Kooks running the Southern Poverty Law Center is above reproach in my book.


I can understand why you feel you can't continue to preach your ideas here. And it is nice of you to confirm who we all are talking to when you do sprout your foul ideas.

And that other website your posted (H.O.M.E.) is also on the list.
'
List of Organisations deemed to be 'above reproach' and considered 'credible' by Diogenes

The SPLC reported that there were 926 active hate groups in the United States in 2008, up from 888 in 2007. That number did not include hate groups that appear to exist only on the Internet. The groups included:

186 separate Ku Klux Klan (KKK) groups with 52 websites
196 neo-Nazi groups with 89 websites
111 white nationalist groups with 190 websites
98 white power skinhead groups with 25 websites
39 Christian Identity groups with 37 websites
93 neo-Confederate groups with 25 websites
113 black separatist groups with 40 websites
159 patriot movement groups
90 general hate groups (subdivided into anti-gay, anti-immigrant, Holocaust denial, racist music, radical traditionalist Catholic and others)[9][10] with 172 hate websites.[11]

Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests