Chik-fil-A

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Chik-fil-A

Post by Diogenes »

Massive line in front of the Chik-fil-A today. Cars around the block and backed up into a major traffic arterial.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

randomencounter

Post by randomencounter »

There sure are a lot of really good followers in this country.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Interesting take. I took them as free-speechers, singing the "stop abusive power and control" song in unison.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

randomencounter

"In unison"

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

I'm hoping this turn out in support of free speech by a businessman is a preview of the upcoming November election.

Rahmbo must not understand that "does not embody Chicago values" is an endorsement from the perspective of a great many of us.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

randomencounter wrote:There sure are a lot of really good followers in this country.

Why Absolutely! Obama says he's for gay marriage, and his supporters fall all over themselves denouncing and threatening everyone who is not.

I should say, Denouncing everyone except for the Black Pastors and the Muslims, of course.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

randomencounter

Diogenes wrote:
randomencounter wrote:There sure are a lot of really good followers in this country.

Why Absolutely! Obama says he's for gay marriage, and his supporters fall all over themselves denouncing and threatening everyone who is not.

I should say, Denouncing everyone except for the Black Pastors and the Muslims, of course.
So let me get this straight:
Contributing millions of dollars to groups trying to make marriage illegal for a certain class of people is protected free speech (it is) but calling the people out who do that for being bigoted jerkwads is repression of free speech rights? (it isn't, it is disagreement using those same rights)

You also make the assumption (because it is not a fact) that Muslim clerics and conservative black preachers that oppose recognizing marriage by same-sex couples aren't facing the same sorts of counter-speech themselves. They have been catching flak for it all over the place.

But for those religious people and for Chik-fil-A it doesn't matter, because their "congregations" agree with them.

And as far as Obama supporting gay marriage and people falling in line behind him? You have got to be kidding me. Obama is no leader, he is a windsock.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

randomencounter wrote:
Diogenes wrote:

So let me get this straight:
Contributing millions of dollars to groups trying to make marriage illegal
Stop lying here. Same sex marriage has ALWAYS been illegal till the emergence of this recent kookery in some of the Wealthier and Kookier states. Even in Massachusetts, they couldn't get it through vote, they got Kook Judges to impose it on the state. The NORM is that it is illegal. This has ALWAYS been the norm.

randomencounter wrote: for a certain class of people
A euphemism for homosexuals. Why not just say it? Why be coy?

randomencounter wrote: is protected free speech (it is) but calling the people out who do that for being bigoted jerkwads is repression of free speech rights? (it isn't, it is disagreement using those same rights)
You are apparently unaware of various DEMOCRAT officials of government threatening to use their official powers to halt or eliminate Chik-fil-a businesses in places such as Chicago, Boston and New York?

randomencounter wrote: You also make the assumption (because it is not a fact) that Muslim clerics and conservative black preachers that oppose recognizing marriage by same-sex couples aren't facing the same sorts of counter-speech themselves. They have been catching flak for it all over the place.

Rahm Emanuel (Current Mayor of Chicago) Led the pack going after Chik-fil-a, but Strangely enough, he had no objections to embracing Anti-Gay Louis Farrakahn and his "Fruit of Islam" . Why doesn't he talk sh*t to them? The Mayor of Bostonalso has warm feelings for people who think Homosexuals should be burned to death.And even more hilarious, Mayor Mike Menino jammed through and even arranged building funding and zoning for a group that preaches and demands the criminalization of homosexuality and the stoning of gay people.

I have yet to hear threats from the left to take away Tax exemption status from these people; A routine tactic by the left when dealing with many OTHER Churches with whom they disagree.

randomencounter wrote: But for those religious people and for Chik-fil-A it doesn't matter, because their "congregations" agree with them.

And as far as Obama supporting gay marriage and people falling in line behind him? You have got to be kidding me. Obama is no leader, he is a windsock.

He is no leader of a nation, but he *IS* the leader of that cancerous rump of a plurality who constitute the left/liberal movement in this nation. Yeah, he's a windsock. Anybody with balls AND integrity would tell the left to shut up and grow up. They won't accept anyone as a leader but a fool or a liar who pretends to agree with their nonsense.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

While we're at it, you might be interested in hearing what Louis Farrakhan said about Obama's support of "Gay" marriage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39dW48MjBMY

Again, Chicago Mayor has nothing to say about this to Louis Farrakhan. Apparently it takes courage to talk sh*t at people who can hurt you back.
— Lord Melbourne —

seedload

Post by seedload »

Such a non-issue. It shouldn't even be a federal issue. The only reason it is is because of taxes and the tax code should be simplified such that marriage doesn't matter anyway. Discussing gay marriage at a presidential level is pure distraction from any real issue.

It's like the house is on fire and we're sitting around discussing what to watch on TV.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

seedload wrote:Such a non-issue. It shouldn't even be a federal issue. The only reason it is is because of taxes and the tax code should be simplified such that marriage doesn't matter anyway. Discussing gay marriage at a presidential level is pure distraction from any real issue.

It's like the house is on fire and we're sitting around discussing what to watch on TV.

It only achieves significance as a Federal Issue because the President appoints the Federal Judges, while Congress confirms them. Get the wrong President and the Wrong Congress, and you will get loon Judges such as we've been getting for the last few years.

It is very hard to get rid of them because the Senate never seems to have the balls to throw them out. They are like open pus filled wounds on the body of the nation.
— Lord Melbourne —

ScottL

Re: Chik-fil-A

Post by ScottL »

Diogenes wrote:Massive line in front of the Chik-fil-A today. Cars around the block and backed up into a major traffic arterial.
Yeah there are a lot of obese folks there working on clogging those arteries. Here's to their future coronaries and triple bypass surgeries, may they all rest in 5 piece. Just wish it weren't so many white people....ugh

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I tried to check the Chic-Fil-A menu online because I've never been and wanted to know if they have fried chicken, but their web site is blocking all access, apparently because they're worried about a cyber attack.

That is one of the real distinctions between the left and right. The right maintains it's position to hold values as stands. The left maintains its position that we all have to accept different values, but where the rubber meets the road is that many on the left are willing to do vile things to get what they want. Either you adopt the leftist position or you will be punished.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

GIThruster wrote:I tried to check the Chic-Fil-A menu online because I've never been and wanted to know if they have fried chicken, but their web site is blocking all access, apparently because they're worried about a cyber attack.

That is one of the real distinctions between the left and right. The right maintains it's position to hold values as stands. The left maintains its position that we all have to accept different values, but where the rubber meets the road is that many on the left are willing to do vile things to get what they want. Either you adopt the leftist position or you will be punished.
I don't really view it as a left or right position, more of an up and down one. Anywho, being educated is being liberal anymore, so it's a lose/lose to even argue.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

"Being educated is being liberal"?

Did you want to clarify that?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis