Latest drug addict loons.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Re: Latest drug addict loons.

Post by Diogenes »

Study Says Teens Using More Marijuana, Harrisonburg Officials Agree

A recently released survey suggests teenagers are smoking more marijuana. Some experts believe that could be because of the increased use of medical marijuana or the fact that it's readily available.

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/79314792.html
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Misrepresenting The Colorado Marijuana Results

The latest Health and Human Services (HHS) survey of drug use with state-level data showed a steep rise (22 percent) in regular marijuana use between 2011-12 and 2012-13 in the newly legalizing state of Colorado.
Equally troubling is the increase in heavy marijuana use, as Kleiman correctly notes, “The fraction of [monthly users] who are in fact daily users has gone way, way up.”

http://www.eurasiareview.com/14022015-m ... ults-oped/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Post by williatw »

Diogenes wrote:
From your own posted link:
The study ends with 2013 data, while marijuana legalization was not formally implemented until January 2014.

Clearly, a measurement that ends before the implementation of a program cannot tell us much about the impact of such implementation
. Still, there may be some implications regarding deteriorating perceptions and norms in Colorado regarding marijuana.
"Misrepresenting" indeed.

williatw

Post by williatw »

Also from your posted link:
Robert Chase February 14, 2015

This article is riddled with inaccuracy and cant. Perhaps it was a Freudian slip that caused Mr. Murray to write that the HHS data do not “auger” well; his reference to augury is probably apt: one might reasonably expect self-reported use of cannabis to rise after some personal use was legalized, but this may reflect greater candor among respondents as opposed to an increase in use. Just as telling is his unstated assumption that increased use would somehow portend disaster, which is utterly without scientific foundation. Murray continues to refer to the HHS survey as though it were an inerrant gauge of use, which should cause any critical reader to question his scientific probity; his three subsequent references to a 22% increase in use as though it were an established fact impugns his conclusions based upon it.

It should be noted that cannabis has not been legalized in Colorado; Gov. Hack and the General Assembly reacted against the vote of the People legalizing some limited use of cannabis by adults and strictly-regulated sales in localities permitting them (dispensaries are not allowed in most of the State) by reinstituting and enhancing the felonies for cannabis and by directly contradicting the Constitution in statute (see SB13-250 & C.R.S, 18-18-406). All sales outside dispensaries are felonies and growing seven cannabis plants is a felony — Colorado’s Establishment is determined to keep making felons of people over cannabis. All media around the world repeat the falsehood that “Colorado legalized marijuana [sic]” ad nauseam, and none have yet reported the re-felonization of cannabis by Colorado’s anti-representative government almost two years ago.

Murray’s account of medicinal cannabis is inaccurate: it is subject to sales tax (though prescribed medications are not), but not the exorbitant, unconstitutional sales tax surcharges foisted off on voters, which go to prop up Prohibition and prohibitionists. The Denver Post is unremittingly hostile towards and determinedly ignorant about issues relating to cannabis, as are most corporate media. The bizarre, absolutely uniform failure of the media to disclose the Establishment’s counterrevolution against the People’s decision is a clear indication of its complicity in it.

Murray’s magisterial tone does not hide his arrogant disregard for the facts. Colorado’s rate of traffic fatalities has dropped — according to Dr. Daniel Rees of UC Denver and colleagues (in “Medical Marijuana Laws, Traffic Fatalities, and Alcohol Consumption”), because of drivers’ substitution of cannabis for alcohol. Whether this finding is borne out or not, all attempts to push the notion that “the implications [of the supposed legalization of cannabis in Colorado] for highway safety are hardly positive” run into the brick wall of data showing that fewer people are dying on our roads; persuading people that they are being put at risk by stoned drivers is a very hard sell when the evidence, if anything, suggests the precise opposite! Undaunted by the quite possibly positive implications for highway safety of the use of cannabis in Colorado, prohibitionist police, especially in reactionary, rural parts of the State, are deliberately inflating the number of false arrests for driving while impaired by cannabis as a matter of policy and pointing at the number of these crimes (i.e. the fase arrests) as being indicative of a threat to public safety; they only further undermine their credibility by seeking to counterpoise increased arrests against fewer traffic fatalities.

The loaded language of this supposed analysis and its heavy reliance on a single datum of questionable validity speak for themselves. As an activist against Prohibition in Colorado, I am struck by just how poor are our opponents’ attempts to make scientific arguments based upon science (our scientifically-illiterate legislature and media are, of course, utterly untroubled by any such perception). In the fourteen years since the people of Colorado declared that cannabis is a medicine in our Constitution, in three years of debate over the assertion of an unscientific standard for impairment with THC in statute, and in the two years since voters allowed some limited use of cannabis by adults, there have been more warnings sounded about dire consequences than I can count, but prohibitionists have never proposed doing any real research or science to justify their claims. The cops on the 2013 Amendment 64 Task Force did call for collecting statistic about a laundry-list of data they hoped would correlate semi-licit cannabis with social ills, such as ER admissions, referrals to the Department of Human Services, and the like, but all the many prohibitionists ensconced in our government have never so much as floated the notion that here in the midst of this supposed social experiment, at the time they are sounding warnings about more people using cannabis (just like Mr. Murray), that it would be appropriate to study, say, whether drivers using cannabis are causing traffic collisions, or whether cannabis is causing specific medical harms which might impinge on public health. The only possible explanation for this absolute disinterest in doing research in the here and now is simply that decades of research, most of it frankly biased towards finding harms associated with the use of cannabis, has failed to turn up much at all. About all the prohibitionists have left are a few, old and very tired lies, and even people of modest intellectual development and understanding are coming to realize this.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

williatw wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
From your own posted link:
The study ends with 2013 data, while marijuana legalization was not formally implemented until January 2014.

Clearly, a measurement that ends before the implementation of a program cannot tell us much about the impact of such implementation
. Still, there may be some implications regarding deteriorating perceptions and norms in Colorado regarding marijuana.
"Misrepresenting" indeed.

I don't take any of these studies seriously. It is far too early to be drawing any conclusions. I merely put up crap studies in opposition to your crap studies. If the entire exercise damages the credibility of marijuana "studies" then I consider it a win.

It may take decades to accurately see the consequences of any social policy changes. I note that three months into Colorado's legalization, various Libertarians were already promoting the legalization as a "HUGE SUCCESS", and posting deliberately truncated data showing that roads in Colorado were safer than ever... except they weren't. They deliberately cut off the period seven years earlier when the traffic accident count was lower still. I have seen this tactic of controlling perspective so many times in Libertarian claims that I take it for granted that that's what they are always doing.

My point is, I regard anyone promoting drug usage as a liar, and I don't believe a d@mn thing they say on the issue, or any study they put forth. They have an agenda, and they don't care what is the objective truth.

Meanwhile the pot tokers that I know are still living stupid lives while getting their government checks... That is except this one dealer I know. He's going to prison because he did a bunch of stupid things. He really ought not to smoke his own product.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

You know i'm not going to read that.

I know what it is. It is your attempt to find anything which contradicts the point, and i'm just not interested in participating in this charade with you.

It is simply contrarianism, and I have no interest in showing it any respect.
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Post by williatw »

Diogenes wrote:You know i'm not going to read that.

Read it or not is obviously up to you...but well it is from your link...I didn't dig it up you did.
Diogenes wrote: know what it is. It is your attempt to find anything which contradicts the point, and i'm just not interested in participating in this charade with you. It is simply contrarianism, and I have no interest in showing it any respect.
Well again, I didn't have to look far since it is a comment posted in your source selected by you.

But here is a link posted by me that you can not read:

Ohio pot legalization group reaches signature goal

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Backers of an effort to legalize marijuana in Ohio for medicinal and recreational use say they have more than enough signatures to qualify for the 2015 ballot.

ResponsibleOhio said Tuesday they have collected more than the 550,000 valid signatures they need - and met an additional requirement by hitting signature minimums in 70 of 88 counties. State officials still must review the petitions.

Executive Director Ian James said a robust voter registration effort was conducted in tandem with the signature gathering. The group estimates that about 10 percent of petition signers also initiated or updated their voter registrations.

ResponsibleOhio is working to pass the Marijuana Legalization Amendment, which calls for adults 21 and over to be able to buy marijuana, and to grow up to four plants at home.
This should make MSimon happy since Ohio tends to be a bell-weather state, what Ohio does other states tend to follow. I hope for one it passes...not to happy about the exclusive cartel angle but in this world it tends to take money to make things happen, good or bad.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/oh ... /70995728/

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

À bon chat bon rat.

Pot-Positive Traffic Fatalities Up 100% in Colorado

1) the majority of DUI drug arrests involve marijuana;

2) youth consumption of marijuana has increased;

3) drug-related suspensions/expulsions increased 32 percent over a 5-year period and a majority was for marijuana;

4) an increase in college users;

5) almost 50 percent of Denver arrestees tested positive for marijuana;

6) marijuana-related emergency room visits increased 57 percent from 2011-2013; and

7) marijuana-related hospitalizations has increased 82 percent since 2008.

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/cully-sti ... 0-colorado
— Lord Melbourne —

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Undoubtedly Diogenes is very pleased with a society based on Secret Police, Informers, and 3 AM Gestapo Tactics raids. It is the country he has dreamed of and worked to create.

Just Like The Soviet Union But With Democracy

Unfortunately the country is turning against that sort of thing. It is not how 53% (and growing) of Americans imagined their country. If Republicans don't wake up on this issue they will get crushed in 2016.

Here is a side effect of Prohibition. And you will note who doesn't like it. Not some hippie drug blog. Not some liberal site. Heritage.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/06/13/how-p ... residents/

http://dailysignal.com/2015/06/11/this- ... re-reform/

They are calling cops "thieves". And they are. And worse.

A cop was caught on video eating a brownie at a raid on a pot store in Santa Anna. I'm not going to post a link. What would be the point. Look it up.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

What D fails to mention is that "pot positive" does not mean impaired. Just metabolites. Which can last up to 30 days in the body.

And what he also doesn't mention is this:

Since marijuana legalization, highway fatalities in Colorado are at near-historic lows
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

williatw

Post by williatw »

MSimon wrote:A cop was caught on video eating a brownie at a raid on a pot store in Santa Anna. I'm not going to post a link. What would be the point. Look it up.
Don't have to bother...afraid I beat you to the punch:
williatw wrote:More "isolated incidents" from our stalwart champions of justice:

Destroying Cameras, Eating Edibles and Playing Darts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDjts_FgKfw

Cops in Santa Ana, California, donned ski masks to break and enter into a local medical marijuana dispensary, raiding it with guns drawn in a May 27 police action. They then proceeded to remove surveillance cameras and recording equipment, but they didn't remove it all. Video from a camera they didn't disable also caught the officers eating what appear to be marijuana edibles, then acting in a way to suggest they had become intoxicated, with one officer even joking that she'd love to kick a marijuana activist present at the raid, Marla James, an amputee, in the "nub."

https://reason.com/blog/2015/06/12/cops ... -s#comment
viewtopic.php?f=8&p=121826#p121826

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

So one in twenty want pot in Ohio. Five percent
Number of people unemployed in Ohio. Five percent
number of people without insurance in Ohio. eleven percent
People without cars 5.6 percent
MEH
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

williatw

Post by williatw »

paperburn1 wrote:So one in twenty want pot in Ohio. Five percent
That is one in 20 signed the petition to get the legalization measure on the ballot in Ohio this November. As for the poll numbers who support legalizing pot:

Ohio voters favor legalizing marijuana, huge majority supports medical use, poll finds

A poll by Quinnipiac University found that 52 percent of Ohio voters said marijuana should be legalized for personal use. The majority grew to 84 percent when voters were asked if they supported legalizing pot for medical uses.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- More than eight of every 10 Ohio voters support legalization of marijuana for medical use and a majority favor legalizing it for recreational use, a Quinnipiac University Poll found.

The poll, conducted simultaneously in three presidential swing states, found that 84 percent of registered voters in Ohio said a doctor should be able to prescribe marijuana to a patient for medical uses. Fourteen percent were opposed.

Those numbers, released Monday, were similar to results found in Florida and Pennsylvania by Quinnipiac's Swing State Poll. Like Ohio, 84 percent favored legal medical use of marijuana in Florida. In Pennsylvania, 88 percent supported the idea.

But the support for legalized personal use, while still a majority, was not nearly as overwhelming.

In Ohio, 52 percent said they would support making it legal to possess small amounts of marijuana for personal use. Forty-four percent were opposed.
So a very strong majority favor legalization for medical use with a much smaller (but still majority) support legalization for "personal" (read recreational) use. The proposed ballot initiative that apparently will likely be on the ballot in Ohio this November would if passed legalize it for both at the same time--unprecedented.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf ... ing_m.html

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

paperburn1 wrote:So one in twenty want pot in Ohio. Five percent
Number of people unemployed in Ohio. Five percent
number of people without insurance in Ohio. eleven percent
People without cars 5.6 percent
MEH
The usual number is about one in ten. And another 4.5 in ten are disgusted with the effects of prohibition. They are sick and f'n tired of the police state, the racism, the expense.

In DC - which is mainly Black - they got 70% of the vote.

Now the 1 in 10 number is interesting. If you leave out tobacco about 1 in 10 of the population are "addicts" and not just to one substance. They substitute. It is called Polydrug Addiction. Now what else do we know? About 1 in 10 of the population has PTSD. To my knowledge no major study has ever been done to find out if there is a correlation between the two groups. I have been on the look out for that for about 13 years.

So why hasn't such a study been done given that we know cannabis is helpful for PTSD. And in extreme PTSD cases heroin. And post US Civil War we had "the soldier's disease". War induced alcoholism.

How would a war on the traumatized look to the average American? They would be appalled. Once Prohibition is out of the way it will come out. And those who espoused Prohibition will slink away. "I was always against it" will be the catch phrase for 80% to 99% of the population. (Just like Nazi Germany post WW2 - the Nazi supporters evaporated) After all who wants it known that they favored a war on the traumatized?

Well, we have a few on this site who favor such a war. And it is not like I haven't been pounding the above information around here for years.

And BTW what has caused most of that PTSD in America? Child abuse.

Now what would you think if instead of a "War On Addiction" it became known as a "War On Abused Children". It will. And none of you espousing the War around here will be able to get away with "I didn't know". I have been saying it for years.

Have a nice day my oh so moral friends.

Drug War Nazis indeed.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

And who will be helping with the PTSD/drug use connection? Veterans.