Naked Women Against Islamism

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Naked Women Against Islamism

Post by MSimon »

This is bound to offend the morals of more than a few Americans. If bare breasts offend you don't click the link.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013 ... ad/100487/
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

mvanwink5

Re: Naked Women Against Islamism

Post by mvanwink5 »

Shows some real courage to take on the muslim hard liners, some women had to hide their faces (might be muslim women afraid for their lives and honor killing reprisal). I noticed the muslim men couldn't avert their gaze though. Funny that.

Islam may take another 1000 years to get to the twentieth century.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

mvanwink5 wrote:Islam may take another 1000 years to get to the twentieth century.
:lol: :lol:

Nearly right, but for the wrong reasons; it'll take 600 years to reach the 20th century of the solar Hijri calendar, or 500 in the tabular Islamic calendar.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

The problem with this photojournalism appears to be that the journalists have taken a woefully inadequate number of photos to cover the events properly. :D

The issue with the protest itself is that if men joined them, naked from the waist down with 'it's my body' written on their cocks, and stood beside them to project their passion for the cause, then one might suspect the women would object.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

A poorly conceived protest. It gets a lot of attention, but distracts as much as it brings attention to their cause. They come across as indecent to many, when they need to present their opposition as the indecency. Those not turned off by the "indecent" display may be distracted by ogling of said display. The women come across as nuts, conflicting with people and governments not opposed to their cause, when they need to present their opposition as the mutual threat.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Right, they should do it in such a way as no one will cover their protest or remember it. That always works. :roll: These tactics have been used for decades for a reason.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

choff

Post by choff »

We've had Doukabour protests in the past like this in BC, only normally the ladies were very old and heavyset. I wonder if they would use the same technique to protest peeler bars in the neighbourhood.
CHoff

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

choff wrote:We've had Doukabour protests in the past like this in BC, only normally the ladies were very old and heavyset. I wonder if they would use the same technique to protest peeler bars in the neighbourhood.
As a former frequenter of peeler bars (I took the First Mate once so she could see what I was up to) I would not support a protest against them.

======

I see the protest as a wonderful juxtaposition. A woman is about to be killed for much less than what these ladies did in public and will at most suffer a fine for their public disruption.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

choff

Post by choff »

I don't mean the old heavy set ladies, I mean the ones in the first posting. :D
CHoff

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Kudos to the women.
I don't think this is going to go away anytime soon.
With the rapes in India, the attack on the Pakistani girl, and attacks generally on women globally whether physical as in rape or beatings and legislatively as in reproductive rights or equality, women are getting fed up.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I LIKE BOOBIES!
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.