Bad Science

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

Bad Science

Post by Jccarlton »

I'm not sure how deep the rot goes, but I suspect that with the exception of the hard sciences with a close contact with reality, it goes very deep indeed. I think that public paid science needs to be reexamined:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/magaz ... ted=1&_r=1&

djolds1

Re: Bad Science

Post by djolds1 »

Jccarlton wrote:I'm not sure how deep the rot goes, but I suspect that with the exception of the hard sciences with a close contact with reality, it goes very deep indeed. I think that public paid science needs to be reexamined:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/magaz ... ted=1&_r=1&
Eventually, and I think rather soon - i.e. by the end of this century - scholarship in general will discredit itself in the public mind. Lines like Benjamin Bratt invoking scientism with "we can prove it scientifically!" on "Law & Order" will be greeted with snorts of derision. Development of applied sciences will slow but continue, whereas pure science will be "completed," as it is obviously trying desperately to do today with the Higgs and a slapdash GUT via the Standard Model.

The tragedy is that I don't think we'll have truly cracked the deepest secrets of the universe as the stasis sets in. But our descendants will be satisfied, just as our ancestors were satisfied with Aristotelianism.
Vae Victis

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

djolds1 wrote:I don't think we'll have truly cracked the deepest secrets of the universe
No kidding. How could you pretend that, without the faintest idea of how deep the universe itself goes?
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

It's turtles all the way down.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

mvanwink5 wrote:It's turtles all the way down.
Hey
No fair peeking over the edge!
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

That is just hearsay.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... ian-school

Did you miss this????????

Private school not subject to separation of church and state.
A christian madrassa.
Last edited by Stubby on Wed May 01, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Stubby, all you have to do is look over the edge and you will see for yourself. :roll: What do you think has been holding up the world for thousands of years, since the very beginning. :lol:
Just as long as they are peaceful and use pressure cookers in the kitchen where the barefooted women are.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

:lol:

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

Stubby wrote:A christian madrassa.
Yep. Durn shame about all those Christian Jihadists' IEDS...

/sarc You bigoted POS.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Bigoted POS?
In English [madrassa] normally specifically means any type of religious school or college for the study of the [christian] religion, though this may not be the only subject studied.
How is calling a school with a literal biblical christian world view as a curriculum a madrassa, bigoted?
If, in your mind, a madrassa means a terrorist training center, that is your problem.

And name calling, really? after all your harping on diogenes's and GiThruster's primary method of debate used against you...

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

TDPerk wrote:
Stubby wrote:A christian madrassa.
Yep. Durn shame about all those Christian Jihadists' IEDS...

/sarc You bigoted POS.
What was that OK City bomber's religion?

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

They come in all types , sizes and races. personally I find none of them worth spit.
Eric Robert Rudolph (born September 19, 1966), also known as the Olympic Park Bomber, is a Christian terrorist responsible for a series of anti-abortion and anti-gay-motivated bombings across the southern United States between 1996 and 1998, which killed two people and injured at least 150 others. The Federal Bureau of Investigation considers him a terrorist. As a teenager Rudolph was taken by his mother to a Church of Israel compound in 1984; it is connected to the Christian Identity movement. Rudolph and his family were connected with the Christian Identity movement, a militant, racist and anti-Semitic organization that believes whites are God's chosen people. He has confirmed religious motivation, but denied racial motivation for his crimes
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

There are politically motivated monsters without any religion that do similar acts. So, to imply that the root cause is religion, I think, misses the mark.