Is the idiot still here?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Is the idiot still here?

Post by ladajo »

Please tell me the Troll went away. I would be happy to come back if so.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Stubby

Re: Is the idiot still here?

Post by Stubby »

Go back in to your hole Punxsutawney Phil. :P
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

He did leave but popped on once since. So it's only sorta safe.

Would be great to have you back and you can always vacate when he shows up. That's what I do.

FYI, it got a lot worse after you left. He spammed many dozens of folders making it impossible to see what was really new and what was just more vomit posting. Most of his posts are not on topic.

And of course he encouraged Stubby to live down to our lowest expectations, which he continues to do.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Ladajo wrote: Is the idiot still here?

Which one?

Just kidding. Mostly no, but he left his little barking chihuahua behind.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

JLawson

Post by JLawson »

I think he got tired of failing in his quest to get evicted, thus proving how 'mean' the folks are here.

Gotta pity the masochist who's begging to be beaten, and nobody will oblige him.
When opinion and reality conflict - guess which one is going to win in the long run.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

You spoke of him , now his minions will spread the word and make sure he appears!!!! A pox be on you!
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

scalziand

Post by scalziand »

It was rather like this seeing them go at it.

http://xkcd.com/600/

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Yes, you're still posting.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

paperburn1 wrote:You spoke of him , now his minions will spread the word and make sure he appears!!!! A pox be on you!

It appears you are right. The minions summoned forth the demon. I tried to avoid this by not speaking its name. But I can see from the blocked post flag that it has spouted some useless crap again.

Sigh.

I guess I'll check back again some time later. Sorry for making it stir.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

44 minutes into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NspxJ4QKZDo seems relevant.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

ladajo wrote:
paperburn1 wrote:You spoke of him , now his minions will spread the word and make sure he appears!!!! A pox be on you!

It appears you are right. The minions summoned forth the demon. I tried to avoid this by not speaking its name. But I can see from the blocked post flag that it has spouted some useless crap again.

Sigh.

Like I implied, you are going to see your shadow, so you might as well go back to the burrow. :)
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Stubby wrote:
ladajo wrote:

Sigh.

Like I implied, you are going to see your shadow, so you might as well go back to the burrow. :)

No doubt a self fulfilling prophecy from scheisser's own personal lamprey.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —