Iraq is falling

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Iraq is falling

Postby GIThruster » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:57 pm

"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Diogenes » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:13 pm

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:19 pm

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:36 pm

I wonder if they are doing the maintenance.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:04 am

OK just my two cents worth but this is what is going to happen. we are going to play buddy buddy with Iran and give them support in return for them dropping their nuclear program. they will agree and send in troops(volunteers) to help.
They will control the lower third to half of Iraq and let the Kurd expand out to their old levels. we (US,Iran,Iraq) stomp the bad guys and now everyone is suppose to make nice nice and go home. but Iran thinks these oil fields make a great vacation spot and do not want to leave. we say no arms but they seem to have plenty left over from Syria :oops: They tell the Kurd they can keep what they kill and that makes them happy. They set up housekeeping and start their nuclear "power" program back up. Tell the USA they got this and to back out now. If they want any oil they better let Shiite take care of Shiites. We bow up and they start helping Afghan rebels. The whole near east turns into one big turd bowl.
sit back wait and see.
I forgot to include the genocide of the remaining sunni
Last edited by paperburn1 on Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:08 am

choff

Postby choff » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:17 am

Iraq could become a quagmire for Iran, as for maintenance on those helicopters, ISIS can always go to the people who organized, trained and provisioned them in the first place.
CHoff

hanelyp

Postby hanelyp » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:25 am

The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:30 am

30 to 60 flight hours

djolds1

Postby djolds1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:38 am

Vae Victis

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:22 am

Iran nuke deal
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-1 ... ramme-deal
Iran is serious in seeking a comprehensive nuclear deal with world powers despite lingering differences, President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday, insisting negotiations could succeed before a July 20 deadline expires.

Do you think there will be a deal between the turks and kurds that will last? The PKK is and will be a pain in the ass for them. the got guns and now you suggest cash flow will make that region stable

I think Egypt will just stay home as they have to many problems to worry about.

But one thing we both agree, no mater how it plays out it will not be good.

djolds1

Postby djolds1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:57 pm

Vae Victis

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:18 pm

One thing I have forgotten to comment on but is a huge factor. These ISIL guy are a trained fighting force. They appear to already be battle harden.

WHERE DID THEY COME FROM and WHO TRAINED THEM???
This is the 400 pound gorilla in the room.
We did not know they were being trained?
We do not know who financed them?
We do not know whom they are answering to?

curiousness and more curiousness ..Curious George

djolds1

Postby djolds1 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:34 am

Vae Victis

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:56 am

Return to “General”