arresting Lerner

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Re: arresting Lerner

Post by MSimon »

As for Nixon, here was nowhere near as bad as the guy we have now.

Nixon had to try. The current guy makes it look effortless.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

nt, double post

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Ah, a little old news, but I was reminded of this thread.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/23/politics/ ... tea-party/

Ended up about where I thought it would.

Let me modify my initial skepticism though. I was thinking after reading the above, if the political parties were flipped around, I bet she would at least been professionally and socially ruined, as well as fined for lots of cash like that "Scooter Libby" fellow from the Bush II years. And that would happen only because the Repubs would turn their back and not defend their own when caught.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

As far as emails being accidentally destroyed that is just a lie. government email servers are set up with controls, deterrence, raids and a host of other things for a large company or government agency to lose emails just cannot happen. Is a work of fiction brought about because the average computer user is Joe blow at home has no idea how to set up backups, redundancies and a host of other things that keep you from losing your data. The government long ago has wised up to this and hire people like me to make sure that they don't lose any important data. So for them to say they accidentally deleted the data is an out and out lie or such gross incompetence it is actually impossible to fathom.
Just like Hillary's email set that were destroyed deleted and lost. They have all been found and recovered. You don't hear much about that either.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

paperburn1 wrote:As far as emails being accidentally destroyed that is just a lie. government email servers are set up with controls, deterrence, raids and a host of other things for a large company or government agency to lose emails just cannot happen. Is a work of fiction brought about because the average computer user is Joe blow at home has no idea how to set up backups, redundancies and a host of other things that keep you from losing your data. The government long ago has wised up to this and hire people like me to make sure that they don't lose any important data. So for them to say they accidentally deleted the data is an out and out lie or such gross incompetence it is actually impossible to fathom.
Just like Hillary's email set that were destroyed deleted and lost. They have all been found and recovered. You don't hear much about that either.
Right, and the lesson is that if you want to get into politics or run a big bureaucratic octopus and do whatever the hell you want, make sure you pick the only party to work for that will have your back. That will make all the difference.