The Endocannabinoid System, and Epilepsy Treatment

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

The Endocannabinoid System, and Epilepsy Treatment

Post by MSimon »

http://epilepsymine.wordpress.com/2014/ ... nt-part-1/
...I have spent the last couple weeks truly delving into the literature surrounding and researching the endocannabinoid system, phytocannabinoids, and their effect on diseases such as epilepsy. In regards to phytocannabinoids, my primary focus of research was the exogenous cannabinoid Cannabidiol (CBD).

Truthfully, from the professional/academic reviews I’ve worked through, I see a more-than-compelling vision of CBD as a treatment for epilepsy. With its high success rate in clinical and animal models of epilepsy, with virtually no side-effects worth mentioning (a very slight chance of mild somnolence), its abundant availability, and its safety (successfully treats epileptic infants and toddlers, with no noticeable side-effects or interactions).

The reading made me hopeful! Not only because CBD as a treatment, for so many disease, is scientifically substantiated by PhDs and MDs around the world. Further, I am excited because of seeming “kindness” with which CBD acts pharmacologically.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.