Police State?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Police State?

Post by MSimon »

Some comments to this article: http://news.yahoo.com/family-toddler-in ... ories.html - so far there are 5,300 comments to the article. About 95% like those below. Watch the full story on ABC News' "20/20" Friday, Dec. 19 at 10 p.m. ET
Collateral damage of the police state.
When something like this happens it reminds me of what went on in the communist block countries. This is why an awful lot of us have the opinion that we do indeed live in a police state...Makes you wonder why we should love this country at all, sad indeed...
The War on Drugs is doing great isn't it? An innocent 18 month old toddler is just collateral damage.
Many years ago as part of my role as a Psychologist I working for the State of Oklahoma, I administered the lengthy psychological test.....The MMPI. One of the things I learned is that police officers often have very similar profiles as do the criminals they arrest. I respect and certainly obey officers of the law. However, I don't think it takes much of a belief... such as the ends justify the means, for particular officers to cross to the dark side.....even though they likely would see their actions as justifiable, and would probably not even think such thoughts unless they got "caught" in a bad judgment.
Police conduct over 80,000 no knock home invasions a year. This isn't by accident. They want to keep us scared and on our heels. It's hard to rally against state corruption in this kind of environment. And that is exactly how they like it.
This Sh^&T is what makes people hate the police. As a former law enforcement officer I can tell you the higher ups should take responsibility, not the police officers, this was bad information, they should of down better investigative work. Any attorneys out there, jump on this, you would get what your looking for.
All this for the lowest level of street dealer? I could understand if this guy was some kind of drug lord, but walter white he was not. Oh and of course the county has immunity from being prosecuted for their failure's. AMERICA! Land of the oppressor's.
More "highly trained" #$%$/h/I/t from the girls in blue. Just f ing worthless. They need to be disarmed, disbanded and sent f ing packing.
Just show's how twisted our gov't has become. Funny how Obama hasn't commented on this scene. It's far more disturbing than the Ferguson issue. What happened here is just the tip of what can happen to everyone else. I for one do not see the reason for the flash bang. They're going after ONE guy. I know SWAT, they are equipped with high powered SMG's + Kevlar. Senseless.
Law Enforcement gone wild! And the ordinary citizen have no recourse. The Blue Uniform that citizens are supposed to respect now strike fear into residents of poor and minority communities. From the cop on the street to the swat team to these communities, Law Enforcement has always had horrific legacy/history of brutal behavior, death, destruction, false/coerced confessions, threats and disrespect. The communities listed must suffer all of the above because of: lifestyles, ethnicity, racism, and economics of the neighborhood. But America's judicial system is fundamentally broken when it comes to convicting Law Enforcement of bad behavior; the above incident is one of many gripping accounts of poorly trained law enforcement personnel, inaccurate information, and the use of deadly force when it was not warranted...The Blue Uniform has become a camouflage for terror in certain communities.
This is just sad on two levels.
1) The very fact that it costs ANYONE a million dollars for medical treatment is just plain pathetic. That's more than most families can save in their entire lifetime.
2) What do the police have to do to be held accountable for anything? It seems they have free reign to do whatever they like.
What is WRONG with "law enforcment" in this country? We are seeing stories like this every day. The Soviet union collapsed twenty five years ago and now we have Soviet police methods in this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Incredible. "Under the state's law, the county government has sovereign immunity from negligence claims against it, and thus the payment would be an illegal "gratuity" to the family." Everyone involved in this home invasion should be in prison. They are just darn thugs with badges.
America: Where the police, judges, and detectives can burn the skin of your baby to the bone executing a search warrant for drug manufacturing by throwing a grenade into your bedroom as you sleep based on the testimony of one, "confidential witness" and not even get who they're looking for, with the most expensive medical care in the world, and special clauses are written to exempt them from any liability
Sovereign immunity laws need to be ended. Civil service unions need to be banned, The officers and judges cannot have a law and contracts that makes them unaccountable and political machines that protect them. In a constitutional republic, they are our servants, not an unaccountable ruling class, as they have become become thanks to progressives.
These idiot cops should be fired and made to pay these people 500 MILLION dollars. Their incompetency is UNFORGIVABLE.
This is a joke & just goes to show how low our government has sunk. This innocent little boy was hurt by armed officers & they are not accountable for their actions. They took responsibility for Bou Bou when they removed him from his parents, someone had to sign paper work when he was taken into the E.R. I remember several cases where citizens faked a kidnapping or robbery & then it was found out to be fake, they were ordered by the courts to repay the county for the work their officers put in. So what's the difference this was a raid that turned out to be fake, so they need to step up & accept their responsibility.
This is disgusting. Of course no acceptance of responsibility on the part of the drug task force.
How come when the state in irresponsible they don't have to pay, yet when we the citizens funding the state, we are always held responsible for our actions.. This type of hypocrisy is what creates revolutions...Time and time again through out the centuries... It's only a matter of time until it happens here...Then our Generals, IMC, CIA,DEA,FBI and HMLS will find out how many of their soldiers are really willing to fight their fellow Americans. When their numbers dwindle and their building are burnt to the ground from the inside out and they are hung from the lamp post they will then realize the scope of their misdeeds and misjudgments
Funny how we, the people, are expected to be "honest" with police...but they are the biggest group of compulsive liars ever compiled under one banner.

This militarization of the police HAS to stop.

From what I have seen,in my own personal experiences, these jack booted gestapo wanna be's carry a heavier loadout than we did IN COMBAT...Now, tell me again how the government ISN'T hostile towards the people?
So if the police smash down your door in the middle of the night with no warning, and you pull out a gun to defend yourself thinking it is an intruder, and you get hurt or killed, it is your own fault. That's great to know we live in the United States of North Korea
If this doesn't show that we are living in a police state, I don't know what does. I hate to agree with radical right wingers on anything but these outrages against the public have got to stop! It's "Protect & Serve" not "Shoot First & Ask Questions Later." Or in this case, Bomb First.
This, THIS is the face of excessive force by the police. An innocent toddler badly injured in his bed and a family mired in massive debt because of lack of proper evidence and preparedness on the part of the police. The county should be utterly mortified at how they have mishandled this situation, and should be scrambling for a way to make this right, instead of falling back on a ridiculous gratuity clause that lets them off the hook on a technicality. The way they misled the family about the extent of the baby's injuries is unthinkable. I'm usually one to support the police, because they have a hard job to do, but this is abhorrent.
Welcome to the 21st century American police state. I guess we can be called North Korea lite.
#$%$............the gestapo has run amuck in this country for far too long
Jack booted thugs. They destroy innocent peoples lives every single day.
Sounds like the American Gestapo, the policing of America has gone wrong and it is up to our elected officials to make things right, failing that vote them out of office. The police must stop hiring #$%$ and in laws, they should not be able to hide their actions with "I feared for my life", that is a chicken #$%$ cop out for doing something illegal, what ever happened to justice for all, not just the police.
welcome to the police state. welcome to america --- where the police can maim your children, destroy your family and your entire financial future --- and absolutely NO ONE is responsible. The cops aren't even man enough to say I'm sorry - because the lawyers have told them not to say anything.

I think Americans fear and dread of the criminal hoards has made us completely crazy -- we are so afraid of people that are different that it forces us to empower cops to do just about anything they want. Because the cops KNOW - they will NEVER be held accountable for their actions. When I was in marines we always knew there was a line you couldn't cross - if you did - your #$%$ was going to Ft Leavenworth. There is no such line for today's cops THEY ARE INVULNERABLE.
It is stories like this one why we need to end "The War on Drugs".
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

windmill

Re: Police State?

Post by windmill »

Here in Canada, we have a joke that goes like this: What's the biggest difference between Canada and the United States? In the States, the people hate the government. In Canada, the government hates the people.

Please don't follow our example. Safeguard your Constitution at all costs.