MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon


choff
Posts: 2431
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:02 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby choff » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:14 pm

CHoff

GIThruster
Posts: 4686
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby GIThruster » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Autism probably does have an environmental cause and we should be looking for it, but the fact it was on a steady rise from 1965, and Roundup and most of today's GMO's were't used until 1990, says to me these are probably not the cause. The correlation is very likely more close to cannabis use than Roundup.
Last edited by GIThruster on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

MSimon
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Contact:

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby MSimon » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Correlation is not causation. I wouldn't be tampering with the food supply until we know cause and effect.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/marijuana-autism/

http://www.denverrelief.com/blog/conditions-treated-by-cannabis/autism-and-cannabis-marijuana-therapy/

Males are 3-4 time more likely to have autism. Recently diagnosis of autism has increased, but scientists suggest this is likely due to new definitions that include a wider range of disorders including Asperger Syndrome, Rett Syndrome, and Child disintegrative disorder where a child looses all learned skills by the age of 10. [pub med]
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ohiovr
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:36 pm
Contact:

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby ohiovr » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:25 pm

GIThruster wrote:Autism probably does have an environmental cause and we should be looking for it, but the fact it was on a steady rise from 1965, and Roundup and most of today's GMO's were't used until 1990, says to me these are probably not the cause.


Apparently gycophosphate was considered for use as a herbicide as early as 1970. My mom was a teacher in the 1960's and she said she never saw a kid as messed up as my friends autistic son.

The fact is more of these cases are happening, we better figure out what is going on before its too late.

MSimon
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Contact:

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby MSimon » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:27 pm

ohiovr wrote:
GIThruster wrote:Autism probably does have an environmental cause and we should be looking for it, but the fact it was on a steady rise from 1965, and Roundup and most of today's GMO's were't used until 1990, says to me these are probably not the cause.


Apparently gycophosphate was considered for use as a herbicide as early as 1970. My mom was a teacher in the 1960's and she said she never saw a kid as messed up as my friends autistic son.

The fact is more of these cases are happening, we better figure out what is going on before its too late.

Cannabinoid deficiency? Or something else? Given that cannabis treats it that should give some clue as to where to look.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

GIThruster
Posts: 4686
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby GIThruster » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:33 pm

No Simon, the correlation is with the percent people who use cannabis. There is excellent reason to suppose it causes autism.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

ohiovr
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:36 pm
Contact:

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby ohiovr » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:39 pm

MSimon wrote:
ohiovr wrote:
GIThruster wrote:Autism probably does have an environmental cause and we should be looking for it, but the fact it was on a steady rise from 1965, and Roundup and most of today's GMO's were't used until 1990, says to me these are probably not the cause.


Apparently gycophosphate was considered for use as a herbicide as early as 1970. My mom was a teacher in the 1960's and she said she never saw a kid as messed up as my friends autistic son.

The fact is more of these cases are happening, we better figure out what is going on before its too late.

Cannabinoid deficiency? Or something else? Given that cannabis treats it that should give some clue as to where to look.


Hate to break it to you, but my friends also smoke a lot of pot. I doubt they smoked while my friends wife was pregnant.

I don't think pot has anything to do with it. At least.. I hope not

But I know of other people that live straight as arrows and have children that are autstic.

My bro also smoked a ton of pot, had kids that were perfectly fine. People in the 60s smoked the shit out of pot, and there were few autistic cases. But I bet more pot is smoked now than ever before.

MSimon
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Contact:

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby MSimon » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:44 pm

GIThruster wrote:No Simon, the correlation is with the percent people who use cannabis. There is excellent reason to suppose it causes autism.

Then how come it reduces symptoms?

So you are saying that cannabis causes autism and treats it. Could you supply a mechanism? Or is it your usual? I love it when you hate. Especially when you hate evidence.

Cannabis cures cancer. Cancer kills 586,000 Americans every year. Every Prohibitionist is complicit in mass murder.

It must make you proud to be among the ranks of the mass murderers. Given that functioning Nazism is no longer available.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ohiovr
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:36 pm
Contact:

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby ohiovr » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:48 pm

MSimon wrote:
GIThruster wrote:No Simon, the correlation is with the percent people who use cannabis. There is excellent reason to suppose it causes autism.

Then how come it reduces symptoms?

So you are saying that cannabis causes autism and treats it. Could you supply a mechanism? Or is it your usual? I love it when you hate. Especially when you hate evidence.

Cannabis cures cancer. Cancer kills 586,000 Americans every year. Every Prohibitionist is complicit in mass murder.

It must make you proud to be among the ranks of the mass murderers. Given that functioning Nazism is no longer available.


Even kittens cant save this thread now :(

MSimon
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Contact:

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby MSimon » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:04 pm

ohiovr wrote:
MSimon wrote:
GIThruster wrote:No Simon, the correlation is with the percent people who use cannabis. There is excellent reason to suppose it causes autism.

Then how come it reduces symptoms?

So you are saying that cannabis causes autism and treats it. Could you supply a mechanism? Or is it your usual? I love it when you hate. Especially when you hate evidence.

Cannabis cures cancer. Cancer kills 586,000 Americans every year. Every Prohibitionist is complicit in mass murder.

It must make you proud to be among the ranks of the mass murderers. Given that functioning Nazism is no longer available.


Even kittens cant save this thread now :(


Honored to be of service.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

GIThruster
Posts: 4686
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby GIThruster » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:17 pm

ohiovr wrote:Even kittens cant save this thread now :(

I know. I was trying to decide whether such delusional statements deserve an answer or not.

I don't think Simon has any idea how crazy he comes off, and inventing factoids and pretending they are facts, is just disrespectful past belief. He must think we are all morons. That or he actually believes the lies he's peddling.

I can't decide which is worse. Dishonesty doesn't have a treatment. Delusion is not a great alternative, however.

For everyone else here, we've discussed this plenty of times so here is just a quick search:

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/35088/title/A-Link-Between-Autism-and-Cannabinoids/
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

MSimon
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Contact:

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby MSimon » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:16 pm

GIThruster wrote:
ohiovr wrote:Even kittens cant save this thread now :(

I know. I was trying to decide whether such delusional statements deserve an answer or not.

I don't think Simon has any idea how crazy he comes off, and inventing factoids and pretending they are facts, is just disrespectful past belief. He must think we are all morons. That or he actually believes the lies he's peddling.

I can't decide which is worse. Dishonesty doesn't have a treatment. Delusion is not a great alternative, however.

For everyone else here, we've discussed this plenty of times so here is just a quick search:

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/35088/title/A-Link-Between-Autism-and-Cannabinoids/


http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/35088/title/A-Link-Between-Autism-and-Cannabinoids/

Alger added that, if the endocannabinoid system does turn out to be connected to autism in humans, medical marijuana could turn out to hold possibility for treating autism.


The article does say that autism might be caused by cannabis.

But then we see anecdotes like these:

http://www.autismdailynewscast.com/families-use-medical-marijuana-to-treat-autism/847/laurel-joss/

http://guardianlv.com/2014/05/medical-cannabis-treats-autism/

http://www.autismsupportnetwork.com/news/autism-treatment-marijuana-madness-8763721

With all the anecdotes out there it would be good if proper human studies were done. But cannabis is an illegal drug Federally thanks these days to Republicans (mainly) so people continue to suffer and die. 586,000 a year in the USA from cancer. Does 586,000 a year qualify as mass murder? How about 500,000 a year for 30 years? Is that mass murder?

I have been on that campaign now for about a month and I'm starting to see it repeated. It is catching on.

Mass murder for political gain. Where have I heard that story before?

Drug War Nazis is not just hyperbole. At least it won't be when I get done. How do you think Republicans will fare in the next election when most people associate them with mass murder? 2014 could be the high water mark for decades.

Happy New Year!
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Scupperer
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL
Contact:

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby Scupperer » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Personally, I think most instances of Autism, along with a high number of other chronic diseases, are caused by a two-step process. The first is environmental, and glyphosate is presenting as a strong candidate, though I don't consider it proven; but there's a high correlation between its use and its known toxicology. This environmental source damages the intestine, either directly or by killing off beneficial bacteria.

The second is hydrolized gliadin (a protein within gluten, found in wheat, barley, rye, spelt, et. al.). Hydrolized gliadin isn't supposed to uptake past the intestinal wall, but when it does, it interrupts the body's insulin/amylin process, and produces gliadin peptide amyloids, which can wreak a lot of havoc in the body and mind. I rambled on about it for quite a bit on my blog which nobody reads: http://truecolorings.blogspot.com/2014/ ... ty-of.html

I've also been collecting links of medical research on the subject: http://truecolorings.blogspot.com/p/glu ... earch.html

In my own case, removing gluten from my diet reversed my T2 Diabetes and allowed me to go medication free. I've seen several other T2 Diabetics have similar results. Autism is a little trickier, because it's developmental, so any dietary changes will be difficult to track results, but I know of two families who have gone gluten-free for their autistic children, and they swear by the results. I'd rather have medical studies to cite, but the one's I've found are very wishy washy about the results. Some say yes, some say no. Typical research bullshit.

I don't know, or really care if medical marijuana is effective as a treatment or not; not when the source of autism and so many other problems is at hand. Google up Autism and beta-amyloids, and you'll see the connections being made in current research - Autism may be closely related to Alzheimer's, in which case it's also closely related to Type 1 & 2 Diabetes (Alzheimer's is occasionally referred to as Type 3 Diabetes, for a reason), along with most other amyloid-related illness (other than direct genetic amyloidosis).

If glyphosate is the source, it's nearly impossible to avoid; it will be in any public water source not treated by reverse osmosis. Even if one avoids gluten, glyphosate is used on most every crop.

Avoiding gluten after intestinal damage (caused by glyphosate or not), however, is an effective treatment for amyloid related illnesses, which is why the gluten free movement is all the rage - because it actually works (not for weight loss, just for general well being), even if most people trying it out have no idea why.
Perrin Ehlinger

paperburn1
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Third rock from the sun.

Re: MIT Researcher’s New Warning: about autism

Postby paperburn1 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Drug War Nazis is not just hyperbole. At least it won't be when I get done


So the only question that remains is MSimon the George Creel or Joseph Goebbels of pot
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 3 guests