Putin is looking for a few good men

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

choff

Putin is looking for a few good men

Post by choff »

The Russian military will now accept foreigners into it's ranks. Nothing in the new law says Westerners with combat experience couldn't join up.

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-for ... 79601.html
CHoff

GIThruster

Re: Putin is looking for a few good men

Post by GIThruster »

Yes, but Mercs make much more than soldiers so why would anyone take orders from Putin when he can take or leave orders and be paid 5X as well? There's all kinds of work in Africa, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Phillipines right now, just fighting communists and islamofascists. It's a great time to be a Merc.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

choff wrote:The Russian military will now accept foreigners into it's ranks. Nothing in the new law says Westerners with combat experience couldn't join up.

http://www.rferl.org/content/russia-for ... 79601.html
I wonder what the differences there are between this Russian law and the one for foreigners serving in the US armed forces? While in the AF I worked with a few Canadians, a Panamanian, a couple Haitians and a Jamacan.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Back in the day, When I was a Marine seem to remember the conditions that the Russian army worked under was not very good at all. Their food Sucked. And for pack Marlboro and a bottle of vodka you pretty much get all the intel you wanted out of him.I just can't imagine conditions have improved that much. I would think that they would want foreign fighters to help with internal problems more so than external problems.Just a guess on my part, no real information to support this claim
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

It definitely sounds more like a FFL/redheaded stepchild deal, than what you'd find in American mil service.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Look at the OPSEC silliness they have had in the Ukraine with individuals posting to social media where they are and what they are doing along with Lat/Long tagged photos.

Yup, no Russina troops in the Ukraine... right.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)