Congress Introduces Bi-Partisan Hemp Bill

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Congress Introduces Bi-Partisan Hemp Bill

Post by MSimon »

H.R. 525 supporters:

Amash (R-MI), Barr (R-KY), Blumenauer (D-OR), Bonamici (D-OR), Buck (R-CO), Cartwright (D-PA), Clay (D-MO), Cohen (D-TN), Cramer (R-ND), DeFazio (D-OR), DeGette (D-CO), DeLauro (D-CT), DelBene (D-WA), Ellison (D-MN), Farr (D-CA), Gabbard (D-HI), Grijalva (D-AZ), Hanna (R-NY), Holmes-Norton (D-DC), Honda (D-CA), Labrador (R-ID), Lee (D-CA), Lofgren (D-CA), McClintock (R-CA), McCollum (D-MN), McDermott (D-WA), Mulvaney (R-SC), Nadler (D-NY), O’Rourke (D-TX), Perry (R-PA), Peterson (D-MN), Pingree (D-ME), Pocan (D-WI), Polis (D-CO), Rohrabacher (R-CA), Ryan (D-OH), Schakowsky (D-IL), Schrader (D-OR), Stivers (R-OH), Young (R-IN), Walz (D-MN), Welch (D-VT), Yarmuth (D-KY), Yoho (R-FL), Young (R-IN), Young (R-AK), and Zinke (R-MT).

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/indus ... introduced
Today, Congressman Thomas Massie (R-KY), Congressman Jared Polis (D-CO), and a bipartisan coalition of 45 lawmakers introduced federal legislation that requires the federal government to respect state laws allowing cultivation of industrial hemp. The Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2015 (H.R. 525) amends the Controlled Substances Act to exclude industrial hemp from the definition of marijuana.

“I'm optimistic that we can get the Industrial Hemp Farming Act to the President's desk this Congress,” said Representative Massie. “In 2014, for the first time in over half a century, hemp was grown and harvested in Kentucky under the pilot programs allowed by the Polis-Massie-Blumenauer amendment to the 2014 Farm Bill. I look forward to building on last year’s momentum to give our nation's farmers and manufacturers more opportunities to compete and succeed in the global economy."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, ​who cosponsored the Senate version, said, “I’ve heard from countless Kentuckians about the success of our initial 2014 industrial hemp pilot programs and university studies in the Commonwealth. I am especially proud that Rep. Massie and I were able to work together in making those projects possible on the federal level via the 2014 Farm Bill. I support this legislation and look forward to seeing industrial hemp prosper in the Commonwealth.”
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Re: Congress Introduces Bi-Partisan Hemp Bill

Post by KitemanSA »

If this passes in the US then maybe Japan will loosen up on the planting of industrial hemp in Fukushima. Hemp is a good bio-remediater for cesium, the Cs137 isotope of which is the primary contaminant in Fukushima.