Rand Paul - Jeb Bush Is A Hypocrite

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Rand Paul - Jeb Bush Is A Hypocrite

Post by MSimon »

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky, accused Jeb Bush of “hypocrisy” Friday after a report in the Boston Globe chronicled Bush’s marijuana use during high school. Bush, a former Florida governor and potential 2016 presidential candidate, opposes the use of marijuana for medical or recreational purposes.

“This is a guy who now admits he smoked marijuana but he wants to put people in jail who do,” Paul, who’s also mulling a presidential bid, said during an interview with The Hill newspaper. “You would think he’d have a little more understanding, then.”

In the Globe’s report, Bush acknowledged some experimentation with the drug during his time at Phillips Academy in Andover, an elite private boarding school in Massachusetts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeb-bush-is ... paul-says/
He didn't just smoke the stuff. He was a dealer.
“I drank alcohol and I smoked marijuana when I was at Andover,” Bush said, both of which could have led to expulsion. “It was pretty common.”

One of those who did get to know Bush in these early days was Peter Tibbetts. The connection, he said, was pot. The first time Tibbetts smoked marijuana, he said, was with Bush and a few other classmates in the woods near Pemberton Cottage. Then, a few weeks later, Tibbetts said he smoked hashish — a cannabis product typically stronger than pot — in Jeb’s dormitory room.

“The first time I really got stoned was in Jeb’s room,” Tibbetts said. “He had a portable stereo with removable speakers. He put on Steppenwolf for me.” As the rock group’s signature song, Magic Carpet Ride, blared from the speakers, Tibbetts said he smoked hash with Bush. He said he once bought hashish from Bush...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politic ... story.html
And yet he wants to continue with the Nixon Plan:
"Look, we understood we couldn't make it illegal to be young or poor or black in the United States, but we could criminalize their common pleasure. We understood that drugs were not the health problem we were making them out to be, but it was such a perfect issue...that we couldn't resist it." - John Ehrlichman, White House counsel to President Nixon on the rationale of the War on Drugs.

"[Nixon] emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks" Haldeman, his Chief of Staff wrote, "The key is to devise a system that recognizes this while not appearing to."
And the Reagan Plan:

The Prohibitionists are involved in mass murder. The Reagan administration tried to suppress the finding that cannabis is effective against cancer. And he did stop all Federal research into the matter until recently. Currently the Federales allow animal research while preventing human trials. You can look it up.

Running a gulag based on racism is one thing. Mass murder is something else. Diogenes thinks Americans wouldn't stand for it. I agree.

I think 2016 is going to be a Prohibition election. Rand Paul stands a very good chance of winning such an election. If he can win the nomination.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/2 ... 14796.html

Scott Walker and Rand Paul are ahead of the GOP pack in Iowa, while Jeb Bush, Chris Christie and Ted Cruz are lagging behind at single digits, according to a new poll released Saturday.

The survey conducted for Bloomberg Politics and the Des Moines Register showed Walker at 15 percent among Republican caucus-goers, Paul at 14 percent,...
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.