Police Brutality Statistics

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

williatw

Re: Police Brutality Statistics

Post by williatw »

choff wrote:Actually I see the War against men intensifying, even as Feminist theory is totally debunked, there are protests against due process going on in college campuses right now. Totally biased college tribunals are being used to formalize the Napoleonic code if not a corporate court system, i.e., no right to cross examination, call witnesses, present evidence. The very most radical of the radfems are being placed where they can do the very most damage, and if Hitlery wins the next election it's getting turned up to a whole new level.
Well usually before a speculative bubble finally collapses you get that surge of intensity before the end; to be expected, too many pigs at the trough. And President "Hitlery" will go full-bore femi-nazi misandry wants she get settled in; trying to right all the wrongs she feels she (& other women collectively) have suffered over a life time etc. Also people like that tend to attract like minded ones to her orbit who encourage enable her worst tendencies & enthusiastically carry out her wishes/policies. The resulting inevitable excesses that would produce will accelerate us into the collapsing bubble.

palladin9479

Post by palladin9479 »

choff wrote:Well you might feel differently about the relative importance of the WOD if you were a part of the demographic it was being primarily waged against

Most guys don't realize there's a war against men going on until they become the victims, because it's been largely a covert war. Suicide statistics for men and women were at 1.7 to 1 in the early seventies, now they stand at 4 to 1, among divorced males the rate doubles yet again. It's not like the more overt WOD that gets media play, quite the opposite. It doesn't help that we've had a lifetime of psychological conditioning that prevents us from observing what's happening. The MRA's have a word for what happens when you finally figure it out, the Red Pill moment, straight out of The Matrix.
Shh, the first rule being what it is and all.

Yes feminism is about to explode here shortly, they have already f*cked men over across every westernized nation in their perusal of the female imperative.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

williatw,

Agree.
palladin9479 wrote:
choff wrote:Most guys don't realize there's a war against men going on until they become the victims, because it's been largely a covert war. Suicide statistics for men and women were at 1.7 to 1 in the early seventies, now they stand at 4 to 1, among divorced males the rate doubles yet again. It's not like the more overt WOD that gets media play, quite the opposite. It doesn't help that we've had a lifetime of psychological conditioning that prevents us from observing what's happening. The MRA's have a word for what happens when you finally figure it out, the Red Pill moment, straight out of The Matrix.
Shh, the first rule being what it is and all.

Yes feminism is about to explode here shortly, they have already f*cked men over across every westernized nation in their perusal of the female imperative.
The "problem" with feminism is two fold. It doesn't reproduce (except as a cultural meme) and it doesn't make women happy. The women reproducing are less feminist. They WANT to have babies. And along with babies comes a desire for a man. What makes women happy is surrender to a man. If they can find one worth surrendering to. The problem on the male side is that men have lost the talent for manning up. Alphaness if you will.

It is not just the FI.

The upcoming generation of men have been schooled in Game/Red Pill. A new (old) culture is being born. But it is hard to see if you don't look closely at the margins. To tame women a man needs two of them. It is genetic. It is a LOT of effort for a man. Most are not up for it. Just as well.

It is going to take the culture quite some time to adapt to reality. But reality is always a better bet. Especially with the social structure of enforcers in decay.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

choff

Post by choff »

You should go to your nearest University and repeat that in front of the gender studies class, just to enjoy the reaction.
CHoff

williatw

Post by williatw »

MSimon wrote:The "problem" with feminism is two fold. It doesn't reproduce (except as a cultural meme) and it doesn't make women happy. The women reproducing are less feminist. They WANT to have babies. And along with babies comes a desire for a man. What makes women happy is surrender to a man. If they can find one worth surrendering to. The problem on the male side is that men have lost the talent for manning up. Alphaness if you will.

choff wrote:You should go to your nearest University and repeat that in front of the gender studies class, just to enjoy the reaction.
They would likely laugh, deride you out of the room; doesn't mean it isn't so. In the past when nearly everyone was compelled to marry and have children whether women really "wanted" kids was probably more weakly selected for. Women who want to have babies tend to have different innate tendencies than women who are more career oriented; be that by nature or nurture. A society where women have freedom of choice (which "feminists" champion) means that only women who really want kids tend to have most of the kids. Thereby passing on the inclination to their progeny; such women tend to be attracted to "alpha male" successful provider types; essentially selecting for such in men, be it nature or nurture. The very success of feminism, i.e. freedom of choice for women eventually defaults to selecting for the kind of women who really like having kids; anathema to most feminists. It is just that the effect is delayed, doesn't happen right away.

choff

Post by choff »

These days a large number select for alimony and child support over marriage, that why guys are so gun shy of the alter. It's all well and good to say what women really want in a man, the problem is the radfems are changing the laws so that anything not contrary to nature is verboten.
CHoff

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

choff wrote:You should go to your nearest University and repeat that in front of the gender studies class, just to enjoy the reaction.
I value my life.

None the less I expect reality will prevail.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:D,

So you can't stand to hear about the bad effects of condoning testilying?

I've had enough of listening to the logical equivalent of "We're Here ! We're Queer! Ain't Nothing gonna stop us now! "

You interleave so much subjectivity into anything you write that it becomes an utter waste of time addressing it.

As I've mentioned before, you are the pastor of the church of the green weed, and far be it from me to heresy your religion.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes wrote:
MSimon wrote:D,

So you can't stand to hear about the bad effects of condoning testilying?
I've had enough of listening to the logical equivalent of "We're Here ! We're Queer! Ain't Nothing gonna stop us now! "

You interleave so much subjectivity into anything you write that it becomes an utter waste of time addressing it.

As I've mentioned before, you are the pastor of the church of the green weed, and far be it from me to heresy your religion.
Subjectivity?

That is a total laugh. I can give you an NIH link for every point I make about the usefulness of cannabis medicine. You got Nothin' except prejudice. Nothing new there. Einstein met with the same sort of resistance. And Max Planck noted the cure.

“Truth never triumphs — its opponents just die out. Thus, Science advances one funeral at a time” Max Planck

At this point I just keep citing my sources and let DEATH solve the rest. And DEATH is doing a good job. 1 million Prohibitionists die every year. And they are not making new one's the way they used to. To get a feel for that read the comments to this article:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2 ... na-su.aspx

And BTW if you read down in the comments you will find links to studies showing that the so called "bad news" has already been debunked.

My intention is to destroy worshipers of the state. And since the Right is the weakest in that respect I'm starting with them. And I'm enlisting the Left to destroy the worshipers on the Right. Too funny eh? Once the Right is cleaned up I will use them to go after the Left. Such fun!

Every tax, every regulation comes with it an army of bureaucrats and behind that an army (with guns) of enforcers.

And the Left loves that - when used against the Right. My intent is to eventually use it against the Left - after they are sufficiently inculcated. My rallying cry eventually will be - "Remember the evils of Prohibition."

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Deputy charged in Tulsa shooting

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/13/us/tulsa- ... y-charged/

Tulsa, Oklahoma (CNN)The Tulsa County deputy who shot and killed a man instead of using his Taser now faces a manslaughter charge.

Video shows Reserve Deputy Robert Bates announcing he is going to deploy his Taser after an undercover weapons sting on April 2, but then shooting Eric Courtney Harris in the back with a handgun.

In a written statement, Tulsa County District Attorney Stephen A. Kunzweiler said Bates is charged with second-degree manslaughter involving culpable negligence. It's a felony charge that could land the volunteer deputy in prison for up to four years if he's found guilty.

=============

He "intended" to use his taser but instead used his gun. And this:
They've painted Harris as a dangerous, possibly PCP-addled illegal gun dealer who had recently sold methamphetamine to undercover police and who fled police that day in such a way as to give the impression that he had a gun in his waistband.

He coulda been on drugs?

Good shoot.

=============

The officers were enforcing gun prohibition. And of course that Prohibition is working just as well as the other one.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Grandfather was a sheriff's deputy. Still don't trust the cops and I'm considered a standup citizen with no record, no drug use, nothing. They scare the shit out of me because I know several and I know what type of persons they are. I don't attribute these bad personalities to all cops, but I can't be sure the type of cop I'll ever deal with and I don't be sure that the "bro" mentality won't result in a good cop make poor decisions to fit in much like mobs. I personally think cops should be held to a higher standard, but that's my opinion and I recognize that as such. It's stuff like this that scares me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suz00KbYhwU

My lone experience with a cop while anecdotal was quite eye popping. I was pulled over and listed as not responding to the DMV as having insurance on my vehicle (I did, but never received the randomly selected request letter). The officer who pulled me over was patient and pleasant and explained that even though I could show insurance, that I'd have to sort it out with the DMV and then go to a court date (backwards process if you ask me). Another officer showed up asking the first officer what was up with hand on gun. I found this to be odd behavior but I'm not going to provoke someone with a gun. First officer tells me I'll have to have someone drive my car back and handed me back my license. I literally said, "well, that sucks I guess" and the second officer proceeded to dart for me while yelling "you got a problem son?!" Luckily for me the first officer stepped in front of him and diffused the situation recognizing a ridiculous overreaction. I visited the DMV, hit my court date and all was thought to be a giant waste of time by the judge thankfully. My experience is anecdotal, but that night I saw both sides of the police personality and I truly hope I'm able to avoid those like officer #2.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ScottL wrote:
My lone experience with a cop while anecdotal was quite eye popping. I was pulled over and listed as not responding to the DMV as having insurance on my vehicle (I did, but never received the randomly selected request letter). The officer who pulled me over was patient and pleasant and explained that even though I could show insurance, that I'd have to sort it out with the DMV and then go to a court date (backwards process if you ask me). Another officer showed up asking the first officer what was up with hand on gun. I found this to be odd behavior but I'm not going to provoke someone with a gun. First officer tells me I'll have to have someone drive my car back and handed me back my license. I literally said, "well, that sucks I guess" and the second officer proceeded to dart for me while yelling "you got a problem son?!" Luckily for me the first officer stepped in front of him and diffused the situation recognizing a ridiculous overreaction. I visited the DMV, hit my court date and all was thought to be a giant waste of time by the judge thankfully. My experience is anecdotal, but that night I saw both sides of the police personality and I truly hope I'm able to avoid those like officer #2.

Have had plenty of bad experiences with cops. There are a lot of cops that have a chip on their shoulder and expect instant unquestioning obedience and no back talk that sounds anything other than respectful of their "authority."

I used to wonder, is it people with bad attitudes that want to be cops, or is it normal people who develop bad attitudes by becoming cops? Probably some of both.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

I agree, it is probably a bit of both. Under the wrong influence, good people can make terrible decisions. I've always viewed the police as an "adult fraternity" and I think it's the mindset in this groups that cause the trouble.

palladin9479

Post by palladin9479 »

ScottL wrote:I agree, it is probably a bit of both. Under the wrong influence, good people can make terrible decisions. I've always viewed the police as an "adult fraternity" and I think it's the mindset in this groups that cause the trouble.
They have an extremely close "honor" system that involved each and every one of them looking out for each other. They are expected to lie to cover one another and to never tell whenever one is doing bad things. It's why virtually every police homicide is "in the line of duty / justified" even with video evidence of the officer shooting the guy in the back. It took protests, national outrage and the random killing of police officers for them to start realizing the hole they had dug and that the average citizen viewed them as the bad guys. Now you have this big fight that's taking place between those who are pushing for more transparency vs those who want to maintain the status quot. It'll get much worst before it gets better, I'm expecting another dozen shootings of police officers followed by a sharp escalation of police violence which results in a harsh crackdown on police forces by the federal government.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Serpico Time
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.