Katie Couric Interviews Rand Paul

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Katie Couric Interviews Rand Paul

Post by MSimon »

Interesting that he seems to be getting so much attention from the press. Unusual for a Republican.

http://news.yahoo.com/katie-couric-inte ... 00857.html
Dismissing that as a “mischaracterization,” Paul told Couric he’s not willing to send American troops to fight anywhere if the people who live there are not also willing to fight.

And he believes the Kurds — the disenfranchised ethnic groups whose Iraqi contingent has been fighting ISIS for months — are particularly up to the task.

“The only people over there that can fight and have been showing some ability to fight are the Kurds,” Paul said. “The president has been sending weapons to Baghdad. They’re not adequately getting to Kurdistan. I would fund them directly. I would take some of the weaponry that we have left over in Afghanistan and I would send that directly to the Kurds.”
Perhaps most unwavering of all Paul’s convictions is his firm belief that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is to blame for the 2012 terror attack on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi and that her failure to “defend our ambassador,” should “preclude her from even being considered for the higher office.”

“The biggest mistake Hillary Clinton made, and I think this will be an albatross over her neck for the rest of the campaign — I don’t think she’ll be able to overcome this — is that when she was asked to provide security for Benghazi, she didn’t do it,” he said.
“I have a great relationship, you know, with the Congressional Black Caucus,” Paul replied when pressed for a comment on his father’s words. “I am probably the leading voice among Republicans for reforming the criminal justice system. I’m the only Republican who has been saying over and over again that the war on drugs has had a disproportionate impact on people of color.
I guess he noticed that DC a city with a very large Black population voted overwhelmingly (70%) in favor of legalizing cannabis.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

choff

Re: Katie Couric Interviews Rand Paul

Post by choff »

Dr. Paul vs Dr. Dean would make for a great presidential contest and a great presidential debate, IMHO.
CHoff

GIThruster

Re: Katie Couric Interviews Rand Paul

Post by GIThruster »

choff wrote:Dr. Paul vs Dr. Dean would make for a great presidential contest and a great presidential debate, IMHO.
Throw Dr. Carson in and I'll watch. This latest with Hillary accepting bribes from overseas while serving as SoS should be enough to sink her election hopes. The Dems need to find another hopeful or they'll just throw the election away.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis