Look At The Candidate's Crowd

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mvanwink5

Look At The Candidate's Crowd

Post by mvanwink5 »

Look who is giving intro speeches, look who is in the audience.
'Jeb' Bush - if CPAC is any indication, the crowd will be bussed in from Washington DC suburbs (lobbyists, military - industrial cronies, bankers... Washington fertilized golf turf), Florida bingo night crowd (given a choice they would rather attend bingo)
Ted Cruz - speech needs to be on any day but a Sunday.
Dr. Ben Carson - Ex-patient families (that's a good sign by the way), general audience all pass an age test... +50, Bush neocon refugees
Carly - no crowd (looking for cabinet position, likely State Dept - would hand / handle Putin's jewels)
Marco Rubio - crowd comes from ex-Jeb PAC & ex-Jeb donors, +50, Bush neocon refugees
Paul - crowd average age less than 35, CPAC attendees who were not neocons, Repub minorities
Trump - Fox Nuz commentators, reported (by himself) to have his own money, will run for free Fox publicity for new hotel construction projects

If you can't draw (enthusiastic) support from the non neocons, it is a guarantee general election fail (don't deny you feel it in your bones), Romney proved that. Look at who supporters are... same supporter lineup as Romney, except possibly Paul. Neocons need to get over it.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

GIThruster

Re: Look At The Candidate's Crowd

Post by GIThruster »

IMHO, there is no way for an Old White Guy to win the next election. If the GOP picks an OWG, they will essentially throw the presidency away to whomever the Dems run. Rubio, Cruz and Carson are all top choices for me, and I really like all three. A ticket with 2 of the 3 would be a winner, but who would take top spot and who would be a supporting actor?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

GIThruster wrote:IMHO, there is no way for an Old White Guy to win the next election. If the GOP picks an OWG, they will essentially throw the presidency away to whomever the Dems run. Rubio, Cruz and Carson are all top choices for me, and I really like all three. A ticket with 2 of the 3 would be a winner, but who would take top spot and who would be a supporting actor?
I know you don't like it but in '16 there will be at least 8 states running anti-prohibition campaigns. Could be as many as 16. Cruz has recognized that by changing his position from "prohibition forever" to "states rights".

The Democrats (surprisingly) are all weak in that area. If a candidate wants my support he is going to have to go after the American Gulag.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Look at the crowd, again I have to point out. Neocons, and Saudi News Media (Fox) talking heads are going to have to get through the 5 stages of grief, hopefully, before they let the air out of the tires of the only candidates that have a snowballs chance in Key West. Neocons have zero chance of winning. Zero, even against old worn out, crooked Hillary. And the only candidate I absolutely would not vote for in the general election is Bush, the Fox-Saudi News darling.

But, go ahead, explain how it is possible for a candidate (Rubio, Cruz and Carson) that only attracts +50 year old audience white neocons can win? Where has their outreach extended past that 'core' group. Ridiculous. Still, maybe I am wrong, explain it so I can rest easy with the neocon attack squad charging over the cliff in the name of saving the country.

Funny, Saudi's can't even get Pakis-Taliban to send troops to help their sugar oil daddy fight Yemen. Obamsta has sure figured out who has real guts in the Middle Earth quicksand, and that is Iran-Sauran. Perhaps Saudi's borrowing billions spells trouble and the rats leave. And, our Fracking has given Obamsta the guts to kick the Saudi's under the Iran-Sauran bus. What are neocons / Hillary gonna do to save them and why, (other than Saudi's have bankrolled the Clinton Foundation - expect her to double cross like obamsta).

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:IMHO, there is no way for an Old White Guy to win the next election. If the GOP picks an OWG, they will essentially throw the presidency away to whomever the Dems run. Rubio, Cruz and Carson are all top choices for me, and I really like all three. A ticket with 2 of the 3 would be a winner, but who would take top spot and who would be a supporting actor?

Rubio no. Cruz yes. Carson yes.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Sheesh, I remember when people in this country used to speak English.

You guys sound like a bunch of Valley Girls saying "Groadie to the max."

I don't watch cable so maybe I've missed the evolution of a new "inside language," but if that's the case, I'll file that as having all the intellectual value as, say, the evening sportscast and all the dumb-assed words they make up.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

I'll have nightmares now. :cry:

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

You couldn't be satisfied with a scalar Hillary, could you?!

You just had to post a 3x3 axis-inversion matrix* with determinant = -1!

( * One which takes a right-handed coordinate frame into a left-handed frame, or, for the current situation, lefter.)

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Much as I would like to stay out of this, two supposedly unrelated stories on the news last night rung a bell when it turned out they both involved I-80. Coincidince? You be the judge.

In the news for April 14: "A fast-moving storm system turned spring into a windy hell ... on Tuesday afternoon, wreaking havoc on traffic, producing hazardous levels of particulate matter in the air, and ushering in a wintry forecast for Wednesday."

This windy storm caused visibility to drop to zero on a stretch of I-80, forcing traffic to slow, but as usual, not everybody slowed down the same and a terrible multi-vehicle wreck occurred. One person was killed, and seven trucks and 11 passenger vehicles crashed. (From Erin Alberty and Bob Mims, Salt Lake Tribune, 14 April 2015)

"There is something wrong when hedge fund managers pay lower tax rates than nurses or the truckers that I saw on I-80 as I was driving here over the last two days," Clinton said, perched on a stiff metal chair in the automotive shop of a community college. (Amanda Becker, Reuters, 14 April 2015)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:Much as I would like to stay out of this, two supposedly unrelated stories on the news last night rung a bell when it turned out they both involved I-80. Coincidince? You be the judge.

In the news for April 14: "A fast-moving storm system turned spring into a windy hell ... on Tuesday afternoon, wreaking havoc on traffic, producing hazardous levels of particulate matter in the air, and ushering in a wintry forecast for Wednesday."

This windy storm caused visibility to drop to zero on a stretch of I-80, forcing traffic to slow, but as usual, not everybody slowed down the same and a terrible multi-vehicle wreck occurred. One person was killed, and seven trucks and 11 passenger vehicles crashed. (From Erin Alberty and Bob Mims, Salt Lake Tribune, 14 April 2015)

"There is something wrong when hedge fund managers pay lower tax rates than nurses or the truckers that I saw on I-80 as I was driving here over the last two days," Clinton said, perched on a stiff metal chair in the automotive shop of a community college. (Amanda Becker, Reuters, 14 April 2015)

No doubt she was trying to dodge another house.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

DeltaV wrote:You couldn't be satisfied with a scalar Hillary, could you?!

You just had to post a 3x3 axis-inversion matrix* with determinant = -1!

( * One which takes a right-handed coordinate frame into a left-handed frame, or, for the current situation, lefter.)

Better freak-out effect, I thought. :)
— Lord Melbourne —

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Diogenes wrote:
DeltaV wrote:You couldn't be satisfied with a scalar Hillary, could you?!

You just had to post a 3x3 axis-inversion matrix* with determinant = -1!...
Better freak-out effect, I thought. :)
Totally not necessary.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.