There Is No Law

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

There Is No Law

Post by MSimon »

Craig Patty asked his employee Lawrence Chapa to help take one of his two trucks to the garage, not realizing that Chapa was a DEA undercover planning to fill the truck with weed, which ended in a firefight with a Los Zetas hit squad that killed the driver, who was a DEA informant.

The DEA says it doesn’t owe Patty anything for the more than $100,000 in repairs that were required for the truck, and disclaim any responsibility for the death of Patty’s employee. Also, they won’t do anything about the fact that they led the Zetas to believe that Patty was a rival drug-runner.

A federal judge in Texas dismissed Patty’s lawsuit against the DEA, because when the DEA is undertaking a “clandestine” operation, it can operate with total legal impunity.

http://www.samizdata.net/2015/05/just-w ... s-do-this/

So they can destroy your property. Kill people and there is no recourse. Under cover covers everything. And Republicans complain about Obama. Having set the precedent. Well I'm shocked. NOT.

People laughed when I said the Drug War was a War on the American people. Let us hope all the supporters of that war are happy. And may they have continuing happiness from events yet to come. As if 50,000 dead in Mexico wasn't enough.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Stubby

Re: There Is No Law

Post by Stubby »

This story dates back to 2011.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

MSimon

Re: There Is No Law

Post by MSimon »

Stubby wrote:This story dates back to 2011.
I just cleared the latest court.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.