They Posed A Threat - Good Shoot

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Re: They Posed A Threat - Good Shoot

Post by GIThruster »

williatw wrote:Apparently the cops were shooting at each other supposedly under the impression that it was the unarmed (now dead) alleged "perps" who started the shooting.
And you love it. That's the whole difference. When healthy, happy, well-adjusted people who don't use drugs read stories like this, they feel terrible and look for ways to improve the system. When dopers with an axe to grind read stories like this, they present it as some sort of vindication that the system itself is broken. But this is not necessarily a sign of a broken system. It sounds like an accident to me. What would you propose we do to stop this happening again--stop the cops from carrying guns? That's the only thing could stop this sort of mistake so far as I can see.

You sound ridiculous, and again I have to ask about those criteria above.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

williatw

Re: They Posed A Threat - Good Shoot

Post by williatw »

GIThruster wrote:
williatw wrote:Apparently the cops were shooting at each other supposedly under the impression that it was the unarmed (now dead) alleged "perps" who started the shooting.
And you love it. That's the whole difference. When healthy, happy, well-adjusted people who don't use drugs read stories like this, they feel terrible and look for ways to improve the system.
Sure here's how:
williatw wrote:I think that cheap readily available video/audio recorders in the hands of the great masses of the people combined with the internet (you-Tube etc.) are shaping up to be one of the greatest engines of social change ever seen. Our would be masters now have to worry about being watch-dogged by witnesses that can't be denied, easily discredited, threatened, killed, or easily silenced; far as I am concerned all cops should be required by law to have body-cams with automatically down-loaded backups.
Want more constructive suggestions? You could always end the WOD and repeal the Patriot Act. And ratchet back the militarization of the police force; Obama has taken some baby steps in that area. And maybe pay attention an implement whatever guidelines for improvement the Justice Department recommends instead of attacking the source as "biased". Those are constructive suggestions as opposed to:

GIThruster wrote:If you are not doing wrong, you have no reason to fear the police. End of story. No exceptions.
&
GIThruster wrote:If you decide to flee the police and evade them for more than 20 minutes, at speeds in excess of 100MPH, you have surrendered your right to life.
GIThruster wrote: When dopers with an axe to grind read stories like this, they present it as some sort of vindication that the system itself is broken. But this is not necessarily a sign of a broken system.
If your "healthy, happy, well-adjusted people" then my neighbor's dog sh%$s gold bricks. And the only "doper" around here is you by your own admission.