It's Secret for your Own Good

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mvanwink5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

It's Secret for your Own Good

Postby mvanwink5 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Never trust a banker is what my grandfather would say after going through the depression. It is still valid today. But what else? Never trust a secret Gubbermant. "We have to pass the bill to find out what is in it," then we got Obamanationcare. Now Big RepubliCons are supporting the secret TPP treaty. WTF. Secret??? And what else is secret? NSA, and 'We must give up the Bill of Rights for needed Security' Big RepubliCons like McCain (a tortured in war, mentally damaged, real nutter if there ever was one) and the other 'Patriot Act' defender McConnell. 'Patriot Act' indeed is pure Orwellian NewSpeak.

Secret Gubbermant is supposed to be secret because of enemies, so I guess the American people are now the enemies of the RepubliCons is all I can come up with.

The hair is standing up on the back of my neck.
Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

hanelyp

Re: It's Secret for your Own Good

Postby hanelyp » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:23 pm

One problem with that rant, who's in the whitehouse negotiating the secret agreement, and insisting it remain secret?

I agree that a trade deal negotiated in secrecy is most likely a bad idea, and fast track authority for any deal by a proven liar is VERY BAD.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:15 am

TTIP is equally criticized in Europe. From what has been leaked large multinational corporations will be able to press their agendas onto countries and governments, even being able to sue them for loss of business. I am very much against that. Negotiating treaties like these without public input and knowledge is undemocratic.

Return to “General”