Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Tom Ligon

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Post by Tom Ligon »

choff wrote: Did anybody else watch the video of the guy reverse driving after hitting 20 people. He might be crazy, but unless you have police/FBI grade driver training, I would never try reversing down a city street at that speed. Most people could never do it without wiping out. This after hitting lots of heavy objects that throw the wheel alignment out, then going backwards over the carnage.
Probably spent way too much time playing Grand Theft Auto. Are you trying to make this a tribute to him? Weaponizing cars is terrorism when some ISIS lone wolf does it and terrorism when a Neo-NAZI does it.

It sounds to me as if you're sympathizing with him, trying to say this was a Deep State plant to make your darlings look bad. I, for one, was raised to think that everything they represent is evil. I was raised that way by a guy who was a life-long Republican, and spend several years in Europe fighting Hitler.

Do understand, Virginia has had a pretty dim view of the Klan for many decades. Running them out of town is something most Virginians approve of, with skin color not an issue. Neo-NAZIs? Sheesh, they're lucky they were not strung up.

In defense of Trump, there was stuff going on in Richmond last night, a couple of blocks from where I grew up, that makes another side look pretty bad, too.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

choff wrote:The way I heard it, McMaster is firing anybody who watches infowars and replacing them with Muslims. I wouldn't be surprised if Bannon is playing the Trump loyalist all the while leaking. I say, Trump should fire them both, AND Kelly if he's a globalist. Andrew Jackson had to fire 10,000 people on his way to killing off the Second Bank of the U.S. Part of the problem with draining the swamp is the same people who elected Trump to do it also elected the Swamp Creatures. Americans love to have it both ways, that's what made Carter so ineffective, trying to govern by opinion poll.
If you mean Bannon has been kicked off the NSC and McMaster has fired several of Bannon's Alt-Right buddies, well, good on him!

Replacing them with Muslims? If you subscribe to Bannon's old rag, they'll say the NSC is run by globalists, ISIS, and the deep state. Getting Bannon's fellow swamp monsters out of NSC is my idea of draining a swamp.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:
We are an important check on the powers of the Executive. Our consent is necessary for the President to appoint jurists and powerful government officials and in many respects to conduct foreign policy. Whether or not we are of the same party, we are not the President’s subordinates. We are his equal!
The success of the Senate is important to the continued success of America. This country – this big, boisterous, brawling, intemperate, restless, striving, daring, beautiful, bountiful, brave, good and magnificent country – needs us to help it thrive. That responsibility is more important than any of our personal interests or political affiliations.
Sen. John McCain
25 July, 2017

Helluva good speech. Somebody tell me again, why was he never elected President?

Because the people who own the trillion dollar broadcasting infrastructure used their power to elect an imbecile.

Khalidi tape? What's that? Disbarred? Says who? Cocaine? Bill Ayers? Can't run his own finances? Chicago corruption?

The media do more damage to the nation by censoring information than they do by making up fake news.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ladajo wrote:However the implants won't work given his tinfoil lined toupee...

Part of the fun would be looking at what PRC and DPRK has on their respective sides of the border these days. My sense is that neither trusts the other, the current relationship is one based in a.) making money off each other, and b.) creating a pain in the ass to South Korea and the "West".
LFT seems to be bent on a path to find out he has no real friends, only conveniences.
My 3.5 cents.

I've read commentary regarding China's reaction to LFT's assassination of his brother. A lot of people seem to be of the opinion that China had planned to use this guy at some point in the future, and Kim Jong Un more or less took that option away from them, and they were pissed about it.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:
ladajo wrote:... He is now risking internal legitimacy given all the rhetoric; a good chunk of it for internal consumption.

The trick is not to take this personally. It is not directed at us. But neither can he be allowed to continue to develop nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them, ....

I'm finding it surprising that you are advocating this position.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:
The only people at the moment who are having a problem being loyal to the Constitution are a bunch in the White House,

You have perhaps, an example with which to back up this assertion?
— Lord Melbourne —

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Diogenes wrote: You have perhaps, an example with which to back up this assertion?
Bannon. The Leninist. Or so goes the story.

Supposedly that quote has been debunked, but he's clearly out to destroy the government, not repair it.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

choff wrote: Part of the problem with draining the swamp is the same people who elected Trump to do it also elected the Swamp Creatures.

Here is where I disagree with you. Time and time again i've seen the people elect what appeared to be reasonable and sensible people to House and Senate seats in Washington DC. They don't go there as "swamp creatures", they become "swamp creatures" from being there.

There is something about that place that changes the people who get sent there. About the only one I can say seemed least changed by Washington DC was Senator Tom Coburn. Even he changed some from his association with "the Swamp."
— Lord Melbourne —

choff

Post by choff »

Tom Ligon wrote:
choff wrote: Did anybody else watch the video of the guy reverse driving after hitting 20 people. He might be crazy, but unless you have police/FBI grade driver training, I would never try reversing down a city street at that speed. Most people could never do it without wiping out. This after hitting lots of heavy objects that throw the wheel alignment out, then going backwards over the carnage.
Probably spent way too much time playing Grand Theft Auto. Are you trying to make this a tribute to him? Weaponizing cars is terrorism when some ISIS lone wolf does it and terrorism when a Neo-NAZI does it.

It sounds to me as if you're sympathizing with him, trying to say this was a Deep State plant to make your darlings look bad. I, for one, was raised to think that everything they represent is evil. I was raised that way by a guy who was a life-long Republican, and spend several years in Europe fighting Hitler.

Do understand, Virginia has had a pretty dim view of the Klan for many decades. Running them out of town is something most Virginians approve of, with skin color not an issue. Neo-NAZIs? Sheesh, they're lucky they were not strung up.

In defense of Trump, there was stuff going on in Richmond last night, a couple of blocks from where I grew up, that makes another side look pretty bad, too.
Never played GTA, and since the election the Left has developed this nasty habit of labeling anyone to the right of Karl Marx a Nazi. The KKK/Nazis had practically ceased to exist before the march, the only ones left being FBI plants.

Did you see what happened to Google employee James Damore. He had the temerity to suggest there are biological differences between male and female Google employees, and that this might affect the decisions they make. There's a very fine line between Communists and Nazis, and the Left has crossed it.

I've heard reports of McMaster having met several times with Soros. Now, the CIA had no problems with Communist employees at headquarters, after all they worked cheap. Thing is, if the balloon goes up with N. Korea and things go south, you might want to check out the influence those Muzzies had on decisions made. Especially if it seemed like Pyongyang knew the when and where. It was arrogance that lost the war in Vietnam, if you actually believe your government couldn't be hijacked by Islam then why believe the Russians own the POTUS.
CHoff

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:
Diogenes wrote: You have perhaps, an example with which to back up this assertion?
Bannon. The Leninist. Or so goes the story.

Supposedly that quote has been debunked, but he's clearly out to destroy the government, not repair it.

I am at a loss as to understand your reference. Please explain more clearly. I do not know what you mean by "Bannon. The Leninist."

If Bannon has said he wishes to destroy the government, not repair it, that seems to me to have a wide range of meaning. I perceive the existing government as being a very different system from that which was intended by our Constitutional framework. The Founders could have no conception of the degree of cleverness modern people have developed in manipulating abuses of the system within the framework of the system.

I see what we have now as a heavily manipulated system and one which is quite a lot different from what the framers of our government intended.

Baseline budgeting? Automatic budget increases unless Congress votes to stop it?

Things in Washington are "messed up", six ways to Sunday.
— Lord Melbourne —

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Diogenes wrote: I am at a loss as to understand your reference. Please explain more clearly. I do not know what you mean by "Bannon. The Leninist."
Oh, you missed that nugget, did you?

I will admit, the sources are not ones I consider reliable, and this could easily have been made up, but

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... eve-bannon
Stephen Bannon, President Trump’s chief political strategist and, after Trump, the most powerful man in Washington, once declared proudly: “I am a Leninist.” He was talking to a New York university academic who had written extensively on communism and the former Soviet Union. “What on earth do you mean?” the professor asked him. “Lenin wanted to destroy the state and that’s my goal too,” replied Bannon. “I want to bring everything crashing down and destroy all of today’s establishment.”
Which makes me wonder ...

How, exactly, will we implement the infrastructure improvements Trump promised? Because at the moment I've got three bags of pothole repair compound and a tamper in the back of my truck, and I'm not volunteering to fix yours, too.

I'm all for reducing the size of government, especially entitlement programs. But these things must be done ... deeelicately. So, for example, I'm not for shutting down the highways and carrying things to market in backpacks. Nor am I in favor of disbanding our military.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:
Diogenes wrote: I am at a loss as to understand your reference. Please explain more clearly. I do not know what you mean by "Bannon. The Leninist."
Oh, you missed that nugget, did you?

I will admit, the sources are not ones I consider reliable, and this could easily have been made up, but

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... eve-bannon
Stephen Bannon, President Trump’s chief political strategist and, after Trump, the most powerful man in Washington, once declared proudly: “I am a Leninist.” He was talking to a New York university academic who had written extensively on communism and the former Soviet Union. “What on earth do you mean?” the professor asked him. “Lenin wanted to destroy the state and that’s my goal too,” replied Bannon. “I want to bring everything crashing down and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

I think people are taking a joke too seriously.

Tom Ligon wrote: Which makes me wonder ...

How, exactly, will we implement the infrastructure improvements Trump promised? Because at the moment I've got three bags of pothole repair compound and a tamper in the back of my truck, and I'm not volunteering to fix yours, too..

What? You don't believe some people should pay for other people's stuff? Selfish bastard! :)

Tom Ligon wrote:
Diogenes wrote: I'm all for reducing the size of government, especially entitlement programs. But these things must be done ... deeelicately. So, for example, I'm not for shutting down the highways and carrying things to market in backpacks. Nor am I in favor of disbanding our military.

Nor am I, and I have not heard of any plans to do so, but there are a lot of Federal workers that we could do without. I just saw an article the other day that said Trump has let go of 10,000 Federal workers since he began.

So far as "infrastructure" improvements go, it seems it was always the perennial gripe of Democrats during the Bush era, but when they had their chance, they didn't do any of it. For some reason they just didn't consider it so gosh darned important when they actually had their hands on the spending purse.

As Glenn Reynolds is fond of saying, "Ill start believing it is a crises when these people start acting like it's a crises. "
— Lord Melbourne —

choff

Post by choff »

Meanwhile, a REAL Nazi regime, put in place with George Soros/Al-CIA-da/CNN/Obama support, is returning the favor by helping N. Korea.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-1 ... le-engines
CHoff

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Choff, you know how they say you can fool some of the people all of time?

Hate to say it, but you are one of those people. Did you buy the Pizzagate hoax, too?

You are so gullible, I can only feel sorry for you.

choff

Post by choff »

Time will tell, maybe it is a hoax article, but it is a real NAZI regime America helped install in Ukraine. I guess all those people spouting Trump's a Russian agent weren't chewing on nothingburgers.
CHoff