Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:And now we get to the real problem. We had an election in which our choices were two odious piles.

One odious pile. There is sleaze in Trump's past, but I always took that as the cost of doing business in New York, but Hillary has been Chicago-corrupt-rotten every place she has ever lived, and every job she has ever had. [/quote]

Tom Ligon wrote:
And you LOVE him.

Not at first, but I do now! This guy is not only effective, he's quite entertaining as well! I love how he makes Liberals heads explode! :)

Tom Ligon wrote: George Will had some opinions on this. I note that some of the Fox commentators seem to be pretty fed up as well. As well as many of the top people in the administration, appointed by Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... c26567e15a

You guys take over this FUSION forum and use it as a pulpit for spewing your PizzaGate conspiracy theories (of Russian origin, but you keep thinking there's something to them) and think I'm foaming at the mouth because I say you're full of it? You're hopeless.

I don't think anyone has said Pizza-Gate is proven. *I* said it smells real bad, and that there is a lot of smoke around it. I think most people have never even bothered to look at it, they just swallow the Kool-Aid served up by the MSM/Democrat-Media complex and dismiss it out of hand.

I don't know what "Pizzagate" actually is, but I know the evidence i've seen makes it smell really bad, but don't blame the rest of the members of this forum for my willingness to question the dominant narrative on that particular subject.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

jnaujok

Post by jnaujok »

The Pizzagate article on Wikipedia shows the problem with the last election and our current political system in one paragraph.
A poll of voters conducted on December 17–20 by The Economist/YouGov asked voters if they believed that, "Leaked e-mails from the Clinton campaign talked about pedophilia and human trafficking - 'Pizzagate'." The results showed that 17% of Clinton voters responded "true" while 82% responded "not true"; and 46% of Trump voters responded "true" while 53% responded "not true".
That means that 17% of Hillary voters believed they went to the voting booth and voted for a person they believed to be a pedophile involved in human sex trafficking -- and they were willing to overlook that because she was "their party's candidate."

If you are willing to overlook your candidate being that kind of human detritus -- there's something wrong with you. And there's definitely something wrong with the two-party system.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

jnaujok wrote:The Pizzagate article on Wikipedia shows the problem with the last election and our current political system in one paragraph.
A poll of voters conducted on December 17–20 by The Economist/YouGov asked voters if they believed that, "Leaked e-mails from the Clinton campaign talked about pedophilia and human trafficking - 'Pizzagate'." The results showed that 17% of Clinton voters responded "true" while 82% responded "not true"; and 46% of Trump voters responded "true" while 53% responded "not true".
That means that 17% of Hillary voters believed they went to the voting booth and voted for a person they believed to be a pedophile involved in human sex trafficking -- and they were willing to overlook that because she was "their party's candidate."

If you are willing to overlook your candidate being that kind of human detritus -- there's something wrong with you. And there's definitely something wrong with the two-party system.
And if you believe Pizzagate was real, that says you're gullible. It was a bogus story from the word go. It is one of many that are probably the product of a Russian troll farm. And what does that say about the influence of Russian meddling in our last election?

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzagate ... acy_theory

"Pizzagate" connected Comet Ping Pong (pictured) to a fictitious child-sex ring.[1]
Pizzagate is a debunked[2][3][4] conspiracy theory that went viral during the 2016 United States presidential election cycle. In the fall of 2016, the personal email account of John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, was hacked in a spear-phishing attack, and his emails were subsequently made public by WikiLeaks. Proponents of the Pizzagate theory falsely claimed that the emails contained coded messages referring to human trafficking and connecting several U.S. restaurants and high-ranking officials of the Democratic Party with an alleged child-sex ring.[5][6] The theory has been extensively discredited by a wide array of organizations, including the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Wikipedia is not a reliable source on politically charged issues, especially when a fair treatment might tend to challenge the democrat Narrative.

I stand by my initial assessment of pizzagate: consistent with the known character of the accused democrats, but short on evidence I'd want to go to court. I'll add that if it is true, a connection to the industrial scale pedophile rape gangs in Britain seems likely.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

:D :D I reject your reality and substitute my own

jnaujok

Post by jnaujok »

I was not saying I believed it was real (which I didn't), I was saying that 17% of democrat voters believed it was real, and voted for Hillary anyway.

That's what I was trying to point out. The scandal being a load of fetid dingoes kidneys doesn't matter. What matters is that there are people out there who were willing to overlook any crime, no matter how heinous, by their candidate, and still vote for them because of the letter (D/R) after their name.

Frankly, I couldn't (and still can't) stand either of the two "mainstream" candidates.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

With that I agree, both candidates should have never been voted in to office.

There is a CGPGREY video called Rules for rulers and it basically explains how horrible candidates get into and keep power. I found it enlightening.It talks about democracy about five min in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs&t=404s

He also has a source on a scientific way of voting hand why if we want to maintain our democratic republic we need to change how we hold elections.
Again it is very enlightening and looks at the problems of the spoiler effect and gerrymandering and how small changes could reduce these problems to where the effect is not problematic.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

hanelyp wrote:Wikipedia is not a reliable source on politically charged issues, especially when a fair treatment might tend to challenge the democrat Narrative.

I stand by my initial assessment of pizzagate: consistent with the known character of the accused democrats, but short on evidence I'd want to go to court. I'll add that if it is true, a connection to the industrial scale pedophile rape gangs in Britain seems likely.
But Instagram is reliable?

If you guys get to think Pizzagate is credible, I get to make jokes suggesting Trump acts as if the pee-pee tapes are. Except, of course, that you Trump supporters have a double standard.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

jnaujok wrote:I was not saying I believed it was real (which I didn't), I was saying that 17% of democrat voters believed it was real, and voted for Hillary anyway.
Your stats also said that 46% of Trump voters believe a false internet rumor was real. But it was fabricated. As were a number of other stories. At least some of these were from Russian troll farms. So if the stats are really that high, it seems incredible that claims are being made that Russian meddling did not affect the outcome of the election.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

There are issues with Trump. But with the massive corruption being exposed, aimed at overturning a lawful election, and the judicial and legislative legacy he's building, I think he's the president we Need right now. Any other president wouldn't be driving his opposition to publicly take positions, again and again, that defy all reason, and expose the opposition for the DANGEROUS psychotics they are.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

williatw

Post by williatw »

paperburn1 wrote:With that I agree, both candidates should have never been voted in to office.
That is your opinion of candidate Trump (and Hillary); that is how they both looked to you on election day November 2016. I would be interested in hearing your opinion/assessment of how well President Trump is doing by your reckoning?

williatw

Post by williatw »

hanelyp wrote:There are issues with Trump. But with the massive corruption being exposed, aimed at overturning a lawful election, and the judicial and legislative legacy he's building, I think he's the president we Need right now. Any other president wouldn't be driving his opposition to publicly take positions, again and again, that defy all reason, and expose the opposition for the DANGEROUS psychotics they are.

Precisely; the media jumps all over his one misspoken word at the Russian summit, that is "would" vs "wouldn't"; what about his actual policies with regards to Russia? Sanctions, military aid arming the Ukraine, killing of 250 Russian mercenaries in Syria, massive pressure on NATO (especially Germany) to meet their treaty obligations by spending what they are supposed to, and also calling out Germany (Merkel) for their big Russian pipeline deal.

And finally maybe most significant of all:

Trump just gave missile defense record funding, but there's a lethal component missing

U.S. soldiers talk after a routine inspection of a Patriot missile battery at a Turkish military base in Gaziantep, Turkey.
•President Donald Trump allocated $11.5 billion for the Missile Defense Agency, the largest amount ever.
•But the U.S. is still playing catch up with other nations in building a robust missile defense program that guards against newer technology.
•There is an apparent need for the U.S. to field systems in space and integrate them with land and sea-based platforms.
The Pentagon is taking a victory lap after President Donald Trump signed off on $700 billion in defense spending.

Touting the bill as a "matter of national security," Trump noted big-ticket defense procurements as well as the significant increase in spending for missile defense.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/28/preside ... nsors.html

Yet all the "objective" main stream media wants to talk about is the supposed gaff of the Helsinki summit. Yeah...cause Russian always loves it when we spend lots of money defense especially on missile defense, "Putin's puppet" strikes again.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

paperburn1 wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzagate ... acy_theory

"Pizzagate" connected Comet Ping Pong (pictured) to a fictitious child-sex ring.[1]
Pizzagate is a debunked[2][3][4] conspiracy theory that went viral during the 2016 United States presidential election cycle. In the fall of 2016, the personal email account of John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, was hacked in a spear-phishing attack, and his emails were subsequently made public by WikiLeaks. Proponents of the Pizzagate theory falsely claimed that the emails contained coded messages referring to human trafficking and connecting several U.S. restaurants and high-ranking officials of the Democratic Party with an alleged child-sex ring.[5][6] The theory has been extensively discredited by a wide array of organizations, including the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia

So the DC cops said their DC masters aren't involved in any illegal doings? Do you have a better source for the claim that it has been "debunked"? I know the regular media want it to be debunked, but I've read a lot of supporting info in the past, and not so much debunking info.

Wouldn't mind giving the debunking side a chance to make their case, but asserting it's "debunked" is not proof.

In the mean time, i've read several accounts of members of the entertainment media getting in trouble for disturbing commentary. (one guy even made a really objectionable video) The Cartoon Network (for whom he produced shows) is probably not amused that this has surfaced.

And of course you should see the stuff James Gunn said before he deleted all his tweets. (Guardians of the Galaxy.) Hard to spin that stuff. I can't even repeat some of his tweets that I read.

What is this supposed to mean?

Maybe he's trolling or something.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:
hanelyp wrote:Wikipedia is not a reliable source on politically charged issues, especially when a fair treatment might tend to challenge the democrat Narrative.

But Instagram is reliable?

Okay, I am having a hard time comprehending your point. *I* posted some instagram pictures. FROM THE ACCOUNT OF THE PEOPLE IN QUESTION.

Are you suggesting they are lying to their own instagram accounts, the way that one Clinton lackey claimed he was lying to his diary?

So if you post some sort of weird pedo-centric photos on your instagram account, we are to conclude that they should be ignored because what you post on your own account is unreliable?

Should James Gunn's 10,000 pedo-centric tweets be regarded as unreliable because stuff people put on their own accounts is unreliable? Well Disney fired him over those, so perhaps he has legal recourse, because nobody should be fired over something that comes from an unreliable source.

Perhaps you could explain your point in a manner in which I can grasp it.
— Lord Melbourne —