Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

williatw

Re: Sell The Whitehouse to Trump

Post by williatw »

MELTDOWN of the night: Rachel Maddow is losing it as Trump wins Ohio, N.C. and it’s hilarious; Update

Wow @maddow looks like she's been crying off camera on @MSNBC #ElectionNight

http://twitchy.com/loriz-3139/2016/11/0 ... hilarious/



Rachel Maddow Interrupts Her Election Coverage to Remind Her Viewers They're Not Literally 'IN HELL'

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow was visibly upset on election night while talking to her viewers. She even interrupted 2016 coverage to drop a more personal statement to people who are not happy about Trump's success.

She said, “You're awake by the way. You're not having a terrible, terrible dream. Also, you're not dead and you haven't gone to hell.”

http://ijr.com/wildfire/2016/11/732278- ... y-in-hell/

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

When evaluating the results, just remember that Trump emphatically assured us, the election was rigged.

Well, the adventure begins.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Bill tried to cheer up Hillary this morning by reminding her ,
that Nelson Mandela wasn't elected president until after he had served 27 years in prison.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:When evaluating the results, just remember that Trump emphatically assured us, the election was rigged.

It was rigged. It just wasn't rigged to the extent necessary that they could get away with it.

Whenever you have the Former Press Secretary for Bill Clinton as the Chief ABC News Anchor,

George Stephanopoulos (D) New York

and when you have a Democrat Senator's daughter being another news Anchor,

"Cokie" Roberts (D) New York

and when you have this unbelievable level of inbreeding between the "news" system and the Democrat party, the system is rigged from the get-go.

In a non rigged system, Hillary would have never made it through the primary. In a non rigged system, Bill Clinton could have never made it through the primary either.

With "Journalists" investigating and attacking the Clinton's like they were Sarah Palin, they would both be greasy spots on the side of the road, but because the system is front-loaded rigged, these people are able to be presented as though they were acceptable.

The the rigged wall of press protection and advocacy helps them convince all the mindless drone-bots to vote for them.

Oh, and their party team members commit various direct voting fraud schemes as additional rigging.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Part of the "rigging" was the intentionally flawed polls pushed non-stop by the media that persisted up until vote counts came in.
These polls were propaganda and a psychological weapon to suppress voter turnout. And IMO they had the desired effect, although it is hard to empirically say how much since the experiment had no control.

But yes, insufficiently rigged. Not enough dead and mentally disabled people forced to vote. Obama basically said that illegals could safely vote too as they could count on not being cross checked with immigration.

Note how some counties in FL held back results until inevitability. I'd like some investigation into that to see what was going on.

The whole election system is bad. It is purely for political scams that proof of citizenship and identity are not required in so many places. You go in, claim to be someone, then sign your name in a book, and vote. Or just mail something in.

choff

Post by choff »

I have to wonder about the total popular vote count. When I went to bed Trump was up by a million, now I hear that Hillary edged him. So either there was a late count from California that was way slanted, or even that was rigged.
CHoff

williatw

Post by williatw »

Why Hillary Clinton lost the presidency

A decades long political quest ends as a tragedy of Shakespearean dimensions

by Mark Whittington.

The unhappiest person on the planet must be Hillary Clinton. Everything she strove for and suffered for turned to ashes in her mouth as the presidency was snatched from her grasp by a man who should never have won the prize instead. All of the scheming, the moral compromises, the pain inflicted on others, the pain endured, the corruption and the crimes were for naught. Clinton has suffered a tragedy of Shakespearean dimensions.

Like all tragic figures, Hillary Clinton has a number of flaws that in the end brought her down. She was a boiling cauldron of rage and ambition sullied by a conspicuous lack of talent and scruples. Every fiber of her being had been bent for decades toward the singular goal of becoming the first woman president of the United States. She failed for the second time. There will be no third opportunity.

Clinton’s problem was that her only rationale for becoming president was a sense of entitlement based on her gender and a willingness to trade away her dignity, happiness, and honor for her ambition. The accumulation of sins great and small turned out to be too heavy for her to prevail, even against a flawed candidate like Donald Trump.

Hillary Clinton now will spend the rest of her life trying to stay out of jail. Unless President Obama gives her a pardon, the full fury of the federal justice system will befall her as soon as Donald Trump is sworn in. The Clintons have gotten away with too much for too long for there to be no consequences.

The second unhappiest person in the world is likely President Barack Obama. Trump’s election is a complete and utter repudiation of his legacy. President Donald Trump will spend the first few months reversing everything Obama has ever done. Obamacare will be repealed. The Iran nuclear weapons deal will be repudiated. A slew of dubious executive orders will be reversed. Obama may go out with some personal popularity and good will. But the eight years of his presidency, for all the suffering and outrage it caused, will be as they never been when Trump is done. Unlike Clinton, Obama will have decades to contemplate that singular fact.

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2016/11 ... 45605.html

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

choff

Post by choff »

Re:Hillary

Tie her up, throw her in the water.

See if she floats.

If yes, burn at stake.
CHoff

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Ok.

To the Trump folks here, I hope you've had a great time this week. You got to party, and gloat, and laugh at those sad wimpy liberals.

You bought a great fantasy: American Greatness, and Jail the Bitch.

About that last thing: like most things Trump says, he didn't really mean it. He said it to get elected. Now that that's done, he's "promoting unity." If you voted for him to "conquer" Clinton, she probably won't get locked up (on the high crime of... something to do with emails <shrug>). Sorry.

He's said a lot of things lately. Wonder if he meant any of them?

Sure, Hillary is tiresome, maybe too ambitious and hard to relate to. But evil? Really?

Congratulations. You elected a man with the maturity of a five-year-old, the self-control of a schnauzer, and the attention span of a guppy. Though big, orange, and loud, he has no patience for things like sitting and thinking. Empathy? That thing you do when you recognize the feelings of others? Can't do it.

Oh, and did you notice he owns up to nothing? But is happy to point to anyone else, and call them 'evil','corrupt','loser,' etc. That's called "projection." Sees something wrong with himself, but blames it on others. When someone does that, they get to avoid dealing with the worst of themselves for a while. It's not a virtue.

Now that he's elected he's in way over his head. Although he had his way with the Republicans, other leaders have already staked out his weaknesses. Wonder how that's going to work for the US?

The US presidency is another shiny thing for him, which you have handed to him. What happens when the fun runs out?

Again, congratulations.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

This is what happens when you give a trophy to everybody. you do not know how to lose gracefully.
Second we replaced just a few men. The majority still stand in there places with with the same thought and plans as before the election. The president-elect does not even have the full support of his party.
So if your really worried about one man who was a democrat for most of his life, was supported and supported the democratic runner in 2008 and was their guest of honor at the clintons daughters wedding. You really do not understand how politics works.
I suggest you watch this video.
http://www.cgpgrey.com/blog/rules-for-rulers

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

As I have referenced in my signature line for a while, I invite you to read W. G. Sumner's presentation (compilation of core essays) on "C", "The Forgotten Man". I would also offer for the myopic, that while he did this work in 1883, everywhere you see "man", just substitute "people". This is mostly a perspective on adjustment for gender equality, although to be fair, he does address that as well.

I find his thoughts from then, even more so true today. This election was not about Trump, it was more about "C" reluctantly finding his voice.
I am C. We are C.

Enjoy:

http://www.swarthmore.edu/SocSci/rbanni ... otten.html
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

That was worth reading, thanks for the link.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

You are welcome. Please feel free to share with others. While I don't demand or inquire if you found his argument compelling, I will say, as I am sure you already surmise, that I do identify with it. At a minimum, it is worth consideration by all parties. I think it helps explain the past few years to a degree.
Our system is broken, and we need to find proper perspective on what to fix and how, before we go thrashing about and make things worse.
It is like all the commotion about tossing the electoral college. For the most part, it works. It is not perfect, but it does what it is supposed to, and that is give voice to everyone. I find it sadly amusing that there is a good chance that most of whom are romping around the streets right now probably did not vote, and a week ago had little to no clue that the electoral college existed. They have already demonstrated that they can't do simple math, ie. where the "538" comes from. They also can't accept that the inequities in congressional districts are addressed as part of the census every ten years, and that both major parties win and lose in that process. The last thing we need are more congressional districts, the 435 we have are handful enough, and I as a taxpayer (C), certainly do not want to front more congressional salary, perks, and pension burdens. I hope when term limits get addressed, that they include the ridiculous policies on congressional and presidential pensions. If I would have known years ago, I would have found a place to run as a two term congressmen, get my four years in congress, and then collect the lifetime check and benefits... instead I chose almost 30 years of military service. Silly me.

"We are C."
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)