What was it they said about "Gog and Magog"?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What was it they said about "Gog and Magog"?

Postby ladajo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:02 pm

The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Skipjack » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:32 pm

choff

Postby choff » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:00 pm

There's a very simple way to end the refugee/illegal immigration crisis in any country. Have the people who support the newcomers give up their homes and jobs to help them settle. Those people who do not support the newcomers should not have to compete with them for rent or work opportunities. An even better way is to end support for the various armed groups fighting for control of the newcomers original home countries. It would also help to look into the operations of the IMF/World Bank in regard to third world countries being suckered into taking on unreasonable debt levels to fund spending that only benefits offshore corporations.
CHoff

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:40 pm

The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

choff

Postby choff » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:40 am

Or Saudi Arabia could absorb some of the refugees, or the other Gulf States.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/inde ... empty.html
CHoff

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:29 am

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:11 pm

This aspect of the arms trade is definitely not big business for the US. Especially when you consider that more often than not, if the US Government chooses to source weapons to questionable parties, it is preferred to sell or provide them with foreign weapons systems, vice US made.
On the arms declared trade, that is a different monkey, and not the monkey I am talking about.
There is a reason the AK-47 and its descendants or the RPG are the primary symbol of insurgent and terrorist organizations globally.
Contrary to your Eurocentric Arrogance, the US is very circumspect on whom it supplies US made weapons too. Especially current systems. And even then, they get the "export" versions.
This is not so much the case with the aforementioned major arms suppliers.

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:51 pm

Besides, the easiest way to get weapons into the hands of rebels (terrorists) is to give them to Iraqis.
Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

MSimon

Postby MSimon » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:53 pm

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Wow, Bush II was CIA. He will be very surprised to find that out.
I wonder which of the overseas jobs he never had supported that career???

This whole internet conspiracy thing is certainly entertaining.
To quote another, "Where did people go find idiotic ideas before the internet?"

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:32 pm

MSimon. I don't care about the drug issue. I really don't.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Don't be naive, Daddy Bush still pulled the strings. Bush II was a post turtle just like Obama. Yes, the internet has a lot of crazy stuff, try, though, not to throw the baby out with the bathwater by your broad brush put down. Further, when I worked in the plant and an operator gave me a unicorn crap narrative I listened because there was always, always a key point that I needed to investigate.
Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Fair enough Mike, but it remains a contentious point in many circles just how much influence GHWB had over GWB during the presidency. In fact, there is a strong argument that he was hands off by his own principles. The left loves to try and paint propaganda that "W" was calling his "daddy" all the time to make real decisions, but many accounts have it completely different.

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:12 pm

Yes, but at least for his first term he had his daddy's men running things. Second term not as much, but then things went sideways, no?

Return to “General”