What was it they said about "Gog and Magog"?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: What was it they said about "Gog and Magog"?

Post by ladajo »

Further Irony, if Turkey had not been shunned, Erdogan would probably no longer be in power.
Shortsightedness on that one.
Most of the Turkish footprint in the EU, especially Germany is well established and multi-generational.
From what I have seen there is very little new blood movement.
What movement there is appears to be based on pre-existing family ties, and that movement also occurs both ways.

I am not sure what you are basing this statement on:
He is sending uneducated islamistic Turks that they dont want in Turkey to Europe with incentives to procreate there.
If you are trying to count anyone who moves through Turkey as Turkish, that is an error. The vast bulk of migrants moving from Turkey, did not start in Turkey.
Again, goes back to my point about if Turkey was in the EU, it would be a strong incentive to manage the issue, vice use it as a tool.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote: If you are trying to count anyone who moves through Turkey as Turkish, that is an error. The vast bulk of migrants moving from Turkey, did not start in Turkey.
Again, goes back to my point about if Turkey was in the EU, it would be a strong incentive to manage the issue, vice use it as a tool.
I am talking about those people from Anatolia that are everywhere in Austria and Germany and they keep coming. The second generation is often worse than the first. Erdogan pays them child support so they have lots of muslim babies all over Europe. He has a long term plan. During a speech in cologne in front of 20,000 turkish muslims he said: "in 20 years we will own this place" and I am pretty sure it will end up that way considering how they outbreed Germans and Austrians.

choff

Post by choff »

There's a very simple way to end the refugee/illegal immigration crisis in any country. Have the people who support the newcomers give up their homes and jobs to help them settle. Those people who do not support the newcomers should not have to compete with them for rent or work opportunities. An even better way is to end support for the various armed groups fighting for control of the newcomers original home countries. It would also help to look into the operations of the IMF/World Bank in regard to third world countries being suckered into taking on unreasonable debt levels to fund spending that only benefits offshore corporations.
CHoff

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

An even better way is to end support for the various armed groups fighting for control of the newcomers original home countries.
Too much money in that for Russian and China. Or indirect suppliers buying from France.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

choff

Post by choff »

Or Saudi Arabia could absorb some of the refugees, or the other Gulf States.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/inde ... empty.html
CHoff

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

ladajo wrote:
An even better way is to end support for the various armed groups fighting for control of the newcomers original home countries.
Too much money in that for Russian and China. Or indirect suppliers buying from France.
And the US, dont forget the US.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

This aspect of the arms trade is definitely not big business for the US. Especially when you consider that more often than not, if the US Government chooses to source weapons to questionable parties, it is preferred to sell or provide them with foreign weapons systems, vice US made.
On the arms declared trade, that is a different monkey, and not the monkey I am talking about.
There is a reason the AK-47 and its descendants or the RPG are the primary symbol of insurgent and terrorist organizations globally.
Contrary to your Eurocentric Arrogance, the US is very circumspect on whom it supplies US made weapons too. Especially current systems. And even then, they get the "export" versions.
This is not so much the case with the aforementioned major arms suppliers.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Besides, the easiest way to get weapons into the hands of rebels (terrorists) is to give them to Iraqis.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes wrote:
paperburn1 wrote:True but we also have the history of our embassy facilitating the transfer of arms from Libya ending up in Syria for the rebellion. Kind of sort of like the Iran-Contra deal.
The Iran/Contra deal was in the best interests of the United States,
And I take it you are a fan of the cocaine smuggled into the US by the Contras/CIA to pay for the arms? Look up what Blandon had to say about the matter or Ollie North's "kilos". You aren't going to win a drug war when one arm of the government is smuggling drugs while another arm is fighting drugs.

But Black Markets get you corruption. Always. My take is that the corruption is worse for us morally than the drugs. We are in more danger from dishonest government that we are from white powder.

BTW we stopped fighting drugs in about '92 when the murder rate got too high. After that year we stopped taking out whole gangs and just took out the worst actors. To make it look like to the public that the war was still on.

Reagan did a fair number of good things. Promoting Prohibition to the public while running drugs in private was not one of them.

Putin was KGB, Bush I and Bush II were CIA. Kind of a symmetry.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Wow, Bush II was CIA. He will be very surprised to find that out.
I wonder which of the overseas jobs he never had supported that career???

This whole internet conspiracy thing is certainly entertaining.
To quote another, "Where did people go find idiotic ideas before the internet?"

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon. I don't care about the drug issue. I really don't.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Don't be naive, Daddy Bush still pulled the strings. Bush II was a post turtle just like Obama. Yes, the internet has a lot of crazy stuff, try, though, not to throw the baby out with the bathwater by your broad brush put down. Further, when I worked in the plant and an operator gave me a unicorn crap narrative I listened because there was always, always a key point that I needed to investigate.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Fair enough Mike, but it remains a contentious point in many circles just how much influence GHWB had over GWB during the presidency. In fact, there is a strong argument that he was hands off by his own principles. The left loves to try and paint propaganda that "W" was calling his "daddy" all the time to make real decisions, but many accounts have it completely different.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Yes, but at least for his first term he had his daddy's men running things. Second term not as much, but then things went sideways, no?