Will Europe wake up?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

Will Europe wake up?

Post by Diogenes »

Shield of the First French Spec Ops Officer to Enter the Bataclan Theater in Paris.

US Marines on Facebook today were applauding the owner of this shield which bears the marks of most of a magazine of AK-47 rounds and a fair amount of suicide vest shrapnel.

http://neveryetmelted.com/2015/11/17/sh ... -in-paris/
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

JoeP

Re: Will Europe wake up?

Post by JoeP »

Great pic, I congratulate that man who went in there and did his duty to take those scum out.

As for Europe waking up, I doubt it.

The future is going to be a bunch of fragmented groups fighting over this and that, everywhere, with the old Western Europeans as mainly the willing hosts of parasitic groups and interests.

And the cold civil war in the US drags on as well.

IMHO.

choff

Post by choff »

What's amazing is that even while a majority of people in the affected countries oppose the influx of migrants, the governments insist their hands are tied or keep right on supporting the invasion. This is the real power that comes from banks controlling the creation and supply of currency, parliaments are mere debating societies. The banks impose what is in their long term interest, and the population is absolutely powerless.
CHoff

williatw

Post by williatw »

choff wrote:What's amazing is that even while a majority of people in the affected countries oppose the influx of migrants, the governments insist their hands are tied or keep right on supporting the invasion.
I believe the greatest reason for allowing the influx of immigrants is the demographic collapse that is occurring in Europe; negative population growth well below replacement rate. So the governments feel the only option is to bring in large numbers of new people (migrants/immigrants) to replace older workers retiring. Only way they think to maintain the generous welfare state/pension/health benefits the population has come to expect.

williatw

Post by williatw »

JoeP wrote:As for Europe waking up, I doubt it.
Ditto that JoeP:

“They might have guns but we have flowers”: French father to kid after Paris terror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkM-SDNoI_8

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

“They might have guns but we have flowers”: French father to kid after Paris terror "

They will look lovely on your graves.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

I believe the greatest reason for allowing the influx of immigrants is the demographic collapse that is occurring in Europe; negative population growth well below replacement rate. So the governments feel the only option is to bring in large numbers of new people (migrants/immigrants) to replace older workers retiring. Only way they think to maintain the generous welfare state/pension/health benefits the population has come to expect.

You mean reckless recreational sex and the playboy/playgirl lifestyle has a down side? Noooooooo!!!! See this? This is my shocked face!

Wow! So Societies need the breeders to remain functional? Man that's deep. And here I thought we could keep things running with a bunch of nympho-maniacal faggots, transgenders, "old maid" feminists, and other mental cases.

Well at least the Netherlands has it's dope.... for awhile.
— Lord Melbourne —

williatw

Post by williatw »

Diogenes wrote:
“They might have guns but we have flowers”: French father to kid after Paris terror "

They will look lovely on your graves.
And yet some of the commentators defend the father's remarks; he is just trying to comfort the little boy etc. The kid (maybe 3 yrs old?) seem more rational than the parent; he (the kid) says things like but papa...flowers are no good against mean/bad men with guns who mean us harm. the kid's dad poo-poohing this saying why look at the memorial with all the flowers on it; that's how we will respond son. They (father/son) will probably have some interesting heated argument(s) by the time that kid is a teenager. Hopefully his mom's got more sense.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

And yet some of the commentators defend the father's remarks; he is just trying to comfort the little boy etc. The kid (maybe 3 yrs old?) seem more rational than the parent; he (the kid) says things like but papa...flowers are no good against mean/bad men with guns who mean us harm. the kid's dad poo-poohing this saying why look at the memorial with all the flowers on it; that's how we will respond son. They (father/son) will probably have some interesting heated argument(s) by the time that kid is a teenager. Hopefully his mom's got more sense.

I've noticed that intelligence or beauty often skips a generation.
— Lord Melbourne —

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I really think you guys are missing the point with the gentlemen and his young son. He was given comfort and kindness to help the little boy deal with the issue. I think the problem lies is your interpreting his kindness as weakness. And that might not be the case here. The softest, gentlest man I know to his children carried a chest full ribbons and put more of the enemy to their grave than he could possibly count. Learn of his exploits only after I became a Marine and then he would talk of them to me. My father and my uncles and their friends served in Korea and killed more the enemy than anyone would expect. And to meet them it would consider them soft, kind, churchgoing folks. So let us not be too quick to judge this man From a few quick seconds of the a television interview.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

With all that being said I do have to say I believe that the European Union will not be long for this world if they don't get a handle on the radical Muslim problem. They should take the lead from Germany where you can see that they actually take action and don't put up with the shenanigans of the radicalize Muslims. But they still have their problems
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Diogenes wrote:
You mean reckless recreational sex and the playboy/playgirl lifestyle has a down side? Noooooooo!!!! See this? This is my shocked face!
We got into that by failing to realize and check the hypergamous (slutty) nature of women. They are biologically inclined to look for the best male sperm they can find. Thus the "bad boy" syndrome. Then they look for a provider to raise the kids. But most guys are not interested in raising some one else's family. Apes solve that problem by killing off the young offspring of the previous alpha. We are too civilized for that. So we invented marriage.

A big contributor to the downfall in America was no fault divorce. The other big contributor was the abundance of resources. Females no longer had to depend on a man. Even less so when she could clean up at will through divorce laws. Or welfare. The Romans also made the welfare mistake.

Giving women the vote was a huge mistake.

The fall of civilization has way more to do with intersexual relations than the abundance of alcohol.

So how to get things back (somewhat) on the right track? Men are going to have to learn to dominate women. It is what attracts them. No matter how much the women complain about it. And end no fault divorce.

Trouble is most people who care about the situation would rather fight dope than the bad divorce laws. And funny enough IIRC it was Republicans who championed no fault divorce. Or at least they didn't see the importance. Those guys are colloquially referred to as "White Knights" - always trying to rescue women. If we allowed women who divorced to fail (live on the street) we would have fewer divorces. "But that is so harsh." So is nature as we see from the falling birth rates.

Me? I'm a bad boy. As was my dad. He stayed married until he died. Me? Still with the same woman for going on 42 years. Why can bad boys stay married? Because he attracts his woman. Other women are always chasing him. His wife had better behave. He has options.

But of course all this is way too ugly for real Christians. We would do way better if we were pagan like the Islamics and kept women in their place. Ah. Well. When it comes to civilization success breeds failure. Always.

But all too many guys have a romantic view of women. And women find that romantic notion to their advantage. I prefer realism.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Oh my. Typing while under the influence once again did not go well.

Seriously Mike??? That was meter pegging even for you.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

We got into that by failing to realize and check the hypergamous (slutty) nature of women. They are biologically inclined to look for the best male sperm they can find. Thus the "bad boy" syndrome. Then they look for a provider to raise the kids. But most guys are not interested in raising some one else's family. Apes solve that problem by killing off the young offspring of the previous alpha. We are too civilized for that. So we invented marriage.

A big contributor to the downfall in America was no fault divorce. The other big contributor was the abundance of resources. Females no longer had to depend on a man. Even less so when she could clean up at will through divorce laws. Or welfare. The Romans also made the welfare mistake.

Giving women the vote was a huge mistake.

The fall of civilization has way more to do with intersexual relations than the abundance of alcohol.

So how to get things back (somewhat) on the right track? Men are going to have to learn to dominate women. It is what attracts them. No matter how much the women complain about it. And end no fault divorce.

And now for a brief interlude from rationality to push a favorite Sacred Cow.

Trouble is most people who care about the situation would rather fight dope than the bad divorce laws.

And funny enough IIRC it was Republicans who championed no fault divorce. Or at least they didn't see the importance. Those guys are colloquially referred to as "White Knights" - always trying to rescue women. If we allowed women who divorced to fail (live on the street) we would have fewer divorces. "But that is so harsh." So is nature as we see from the falling birth rates.

Me? I'm a bad boy. As was my dad. He stayed married until he died. Me? Still with the same woman for going on 42 years. Why can bad boys stay married? Because he attracts his woman. Other women are always chasing him. His wife had better behave. He has options.

But of course all this is way too ugly for real Christians. We would do way better if we were pagan like the Islamics and kept women in their place. Ah. Well. When it comes to civilization success breeds failure. Always.

But all too many guys have a romantic view of women. And women find that romantic notion to their advantage. I prefer realism.

Most rational thing i've seen from you in a long time. You did leave out some factors that I regard as very significant.

1. World War II.

Removed a huge number of available young men from the dating pool and killed a substantial chunk of them. Left women back home having to compete for the much fewer number of men still available. Also empowered the women with money and responsibilities they never had before. When women the women were put in the situation where they had to compete, they have to get sluttier to out bid each other for the affection of the scare men left available.

2. Anti-Biotics.
In the 1930s, venereal diseases could kill you. People, especially women, had to worry about the possibility of contracting something nasty that would ruin their lives, and perhaps even end them. The development of anti-biotics did a lot to allay these fears somewhat.

3. Birth Control pill
Removed another, and perhaps greater fear for women to play the sex game. Now they could be as irresponsible as men if they wanted to.

And there are more things, but those first three I regard as pretty significant.

And yes, i'm thinking the 19th amendment was a mistake. I've already said the last 3 words of the 24th amendment were a mistake, and the 26th amendment was also a mistake.
— Lord Melbourne —

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

The big mistake I see is letting net recipients of tax monies vote, allowing them to vote themselves more goodies at the expense of others.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.