Erdogan is going to get us all killed!

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Erdogan is going to get us all killed!

Postby Skipjack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:50 pm

Turkey just shot down a Russian plane over Syria. Of course Turkey does not want the Russians there, because they are fighting ISIS and of course the islamofascist madman Erdogan loves ISIS because it helps him get rid of the Kurds.
Now they shot down a Russian plane and if Russia retaliates, NATO gets dragged into a war and bang! We have WW3!
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34913173

ladajo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Erdogan is going to get us all killed!

Postby ladajo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:20 pm

The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

paperburn1

Postby paperburn1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:27 pm

So who is buying all that IS oil?
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:30 pm

As usual ladajo and I disagree...

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:24 pm

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:26 pm

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:35 pm

— Lord Melbourne —

ladajo

Postby ladajo » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:17 pm

I think y'all are going to be somewhat disappointed in what Russia does about this.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Seems like this is one of those occasions when Diogenes and I agree :)
We seriously need a beer smiley :)

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:45 am

Here is a little more fact checking. I checked the spot that the SU24 allegedly overflew in Google maps. According to this, the SU was (even if we believe what the Turks say) less than 2 miles in Turkish airspace and the little piece of Turkey that it crossed was less than 2 miles wide at the spot ( I was being very generous and actually placed the line a little further in).
Assuming that the SU24 was flying 500 mph at the time, it would have overflown the little piece of Turkey in less than 14 seconds. I want to see how they can put 10 warning into 14 seconds. I think the Turks are lying about the warnings and probably about the overflight as well.
SyriaMap002.jpg
SyriaMap002.jpg (96.9 KiB) Viewed 5020 times

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:01 am

Also want to add this regarding the actions of the "Turkmen" that shot at the descending Russian pilots hanging defenselessly from their parachutes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_parachutists

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:19 am

— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Postby Diogenes » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:21 am

— Lord Melbourne —

djolds1

Postby djolds1 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:04 am

Last edited by djolds1 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vae Victis

choff

Postby choff » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:14 am

Even assuming the Russians overflew Turkish airspace, their actions can in no way have been construed as threatening Turkey, unless the Turks think attacking ISIS terrorists is a threat to their sovereignty. I watched a video the other day of soccer games having a minutes silence for victims of the Paris attack. All the European stadiums were completely silent, in the Turkish stadiums there was instead loud jeering and chants of Allah Akbar, they should be kicked out of NATO, clearly they don't belong.
CHoff

Return to “General”