The Germans can make some good stuff.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Diogenes

The Germans can make some good stuff.

Post by Diogenes »

Last edited by Diogenes on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Re: The Germans can make some good stuff.

Post by Diogenes »

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Good stuff: beer and tanks. Fortunately, not a drop was spilled.

I need a dynamically stabilized gun mount for my video camera!

choff

Post by choff »

I remember a few WW2 documentaries, they were talking to this one old Tiger Tank crewman, they asked him what eventually happened to his vehicle. He said it broke down a mile out from leaving the repair depot and the war ended before the parts arrived. Later they asked him if he had to fight the war all over again what tank he would want. He immediately answered, 'the tiger'. Another old German soldier was talking about always having to carry two ammo boxes for a squad automatic weapon that fired 1000 rpm. He explained how he preferred his bolt action rifle to auto and semi auto rifles since it imposed disciplined ammo conservation. No contradictions there.
CHoff