Magnet Fun or future?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

Magnet Fun or future?

Post by paperburn1 »

New type of magnet, my brain reels with possibility
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANBoybVApQ
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Re: Magnet Fun or future?

Post by ladajo »

I want to buy stock!
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

From the same inventor, expanding the Dynabee/Powerball wrist exerciser concept to harness planetary spin energy:
http://www.google.com/patents/US2010010 ... earch,+Llc

Knock. Knock.
"Good afternoon, sir. We've received a report that you have an unregistered spin energy harvester in your basement..."

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

The idea of having multiple opposite poles on each face of a magnet is not new. When Dr. Bussard was looking for magnets for WB1, I believe he said the first purchase was unusable because the donuts had this multipole feature. Ferrites have been available this way for years ... if you have a device intended to attach to a steel surface with a magnet (a radio antenna, a flashing light, etc.) it likely has this kind of magnet.

That said, this method of manufacture is pretty neat, and opens up a lot of options.

I am notorious for using JB Weld epoxy, which the manufacturer calls "liquid steel". It is loaded with steel, and can be magnetized. It does not make a great permanent magnet, but probably could if it were filled with the right magnetic material.