Horrible.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Horrible.

Postby KitemanSA » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:04 am

paperburn1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby paperburn1 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:58 pm

I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

zapkitty

Postby zapkitty » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:21 pm

JoeP

Postby JoeP » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:12 pm

Ah, I think I read the Niven tale as well. What a gruesome future.

I recall another irony in those stories that there were thousands of very rich 20th and 21st century people that froze their bodies in an attempt to get to some point in the future where a cure for aging could be applied, and they could thus become immortal. However the advanced organ harvesting society of the future instead viewed these frozen ancestors as yet another good source of spare parts that could be utilized once the legal protections around their use could be changed.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:14 pm

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Return to “General”