Turkey and ISIS

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Re: Turkey and ISIS

Post by Skipjack »

My friends from Ankara tell me that it was most likely staged. They did not arrest a single member of the government, occupied completely unimportant parts of the town. Allegedly some of the soldiers involved thought it was an exercise.
Erdogan is no stranger to false flag attacks. He was planning one before to get an excuse for a war against Syria. I also find it very strange that he managed to cough up a list of inconvenient people from the educated (and probably secular) class within hours of the "coup". All this is way too convenient.
Erdogan now has established himself as an Islamic fundamentalist dictator. He knows that he has lost the educated part of the country and this is why he is now trying to prevent them from leaving. He is a monster.

paperburn1

Re: Turkey and ISIS

Post by paperburn1 »

https://www.rt.com/news/354042-turkish- ... nato-coup/
Some 7,000 armed police in heavy vehicles surrounded the Incirlik air base used by NATO forces in Adana in what a Turkish minister called a “security check.” With no official explanation, speculations have arisen about a new coup attempt or VIP visit.
The dump trucks worry me.
http://shoebat.com/2016/07/30/breaking- ... -progress/
Turkey dismissed nearly 1,400 members of its armed forces and stacked the top military council with government ministers on Sunday, moves designed by President Tayyip Erdogan to put him in full control of the military after a failed coup.

The new wave of expulsions and the overhaul of the Supreme Military Council (YAS) were announced in the government's official gazette just hours after Erdogan said late on Saturday he planned to shut down existing military academies and put the armed forces under the command of the Defence Ministry.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.