Merkel is a traitor

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack
Posts: 5954
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Merkel is a traitor

Postby Skipjack » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:03 am

I am not a conspiracy theorist, I am really not. I usually debunk conspiracy theories. But I am having a hard time defending this.
First Merkel orders an exit from nuclear power. Nuclear plants get replaced by "clean coal" (hahahaha!) and natural gas.
Then she signs up for sanctions against Russia, the cheapest supplier of natural gas to Europe.
Then they start taxing rooftop solar in Germany. The way this works is that they are assuming that you are selling your rooftop solar to the utilities at the standard rates (even if you don't) and then buy it back from the utilities at their rates (even if you don't) and then they charge you sales tax for the difference. This is totally insane! Solar is having a hard time being economical in Germany at the best of times!
And today, this just came in:
In Win for Trump, Merkel Changes Course on U.S. Gas Imports

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-win-for ... 01n39qzTuA

What am I to think about that?!
By now, I think that the US, through spying in their allies (as we know from Snowden), found something to use against her. Maybe some STASI past of sorts and that is how they are forcing her to do their bidding. I mean at this point there is no other explanation for this sort of irrational behavior of that woman!

paperburn1
Posts: 2379
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Third rock from the sun.

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby paperburn1 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:58 pm

Sure there is, she is desperately trying to serve two masters with apposing view to secure her job..
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

choff
Posts: 2411
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:02 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby choff » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Didn't she spend her childhood in E. Germany?
CHoff

Skipjack
Posts: 5954
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby Skipjack » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:25 pm

choff wrote:Didn't she spend her childhood in E. Germany?

Hence the suspicion of a STASI past. I mean, they might have some other dirt on her as well. In any case, it has become quite clear that the US is a major benefactor of the Energiewende, especially now, but also before. A reduced competitiveness of German industry is good for the US. The exit from nuclear power made Germany dependent on foreign fossil fuels. The sanctions against Russia were a great move to prevent them from benefiting of that. So now add this new agreement and well, follow the money to know where this comes from, is all I say.

williatw
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby williatw » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Skipjack wrote:Hence the suspicion of a STASI past. I mean, they might have some other dirt on her as well. In any case, it has become quite clear that the US is a major benefactor of the Energiewende, especially now, but also before. A reduced competitiveness of German industry is good for the US. The exit from nuclear power made Germany dependent on foreign fossil fuels. The sanctions against Russia were a great move to prevent them from benefiting of that. So now add this new agreement and well, follow the money to know where this comes from, is all I say.



Yes Skipjack brilliant moves on the part of Donald Trump; certainly consistent with his "America First" agenda. Imagine...a United States President who thinks his highest priority is acting in the best interest of America as opposed to how he "looks on the world's stage" whatever that is supposed to mean. So much for the idea of his (Trump) being Putin's stooge; maybe Putin is rapidly becoming Trump's stooge.

Skipjack
Posts: 5954
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby Skipjack » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:48 pm

williatw wrote:Yes Skipjack brilliant moves on the part of Donald Trump; certainly consistent with his "America First" agenda. Imagine...a United States President who thinks his highest priority is acting in the best interest of America as opposed to how he "looks on the world's stage" whatever that is supposed to mean. So much for the idea of his (Trump) being Putin's stooge; maybe Putin is rapidly becoming Trump's stooge.

Yes, that still means that Merkel is not acting in the best interest of the people who elected her. That makes her a traitor.

williatw
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby williatw » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:52 am

Skipjack wrote:Yes, that still means that Merkel is not acting in the best interest of the people who elected her. That makes her a traitor.




Yes but pissing off Trump further by going through with the Russian pipeline deal would not necessarily be in Germany's best interest regardless of what Merkel's true motives might be. There is after all a trade war brewing between the US and Germany; Trump is also pissed off at our Western European NATO allies anyway over their underfunding their treaty obligated defense spending. So a move to placate Trump may very well be in Germany's best interest long term even if the Russian gas is cheaper (for the time being). To say nothing of the value of undercutting the political leverage Putin gets from being Europe's dominate natural gas supplier.


Addendum: A better argument for calling Merkel a traitor to her own people would be her immigration policy not buying gas from Germany's supposed close ally and fellow NATO partner the US (over Russia).

Skipjack
Posts: 5954
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby Skipjack » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:15 pm

williatw wrote:Yes but pissing off Trump further by going through with the Russian pipeline deal would not necessarily be in Germany's best interest regardless of what Merkel's true motives might be.

Who cares if Trump is pissed off?! This is Germany, not the US! Germany should not be a colony of the US.
As for the pipeline to Russia. It would not even be necessary if not for the stupid pointless Energiewende. That one was the first mistake. As for her immigration policies, well that is another topic all together. But it is probably worth mentioning that I believe that this was in the interest of the US as well (weaken Germany).
In any case, it has been a main goal of US foreign policy of the past 110 years to prevent an economic union of Germany and Russia. A combination of Germany engineering and Russian resources is one of the few things that could threaten US economic dominance.

choff
Posts: 2411
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:02 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby choff » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:46 pm

The problem with trying to force NATO allies to live up to treaty obligations is that the U.S. only wants them buying American made weapons and gear. The U.S. military won't buy weapons from other countries and freezes other countries weapons out of the market. That tends to make the rest of the west highly cynical about the whole "everybody else is slacking off sticking the American taxpayer with the burden" narrative. Makes them cynical about the whole Russia threat narrative as well.
CHoff

ladajo
Posts: 6194
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:18 pm
Location: North East Coast

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby ladajo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:27 pm

"The U.S. military won't buy weapons from other countries and freezes other countries weapons out of the market"

Not true. The U.S. military has and does buy foreign systems, as well as partner regularly in multi-national development and sales engagements.
The real crime is that the U.S. taxpayer ends up footing the bill in "foreign sales" as the nation(s) in question use U.S. Military Aid $$$ to pay for many purchases. In effect, we are giving away free stuff all the time... vice 'selling' stuff.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack
Posts: 5954
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby Skipjack » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:49 pm

ladajo wrote:"The U.S. military won't buy weapons from other countries and freezes other countries weapons out of the market"

Not true. The U.S. military has and does buy foreign systems, as well as partner regularly in multi-national development and sales engagements.
The real crime is that the U.S. taxpayer ends up footing the bill in "foreign sales" as the nation(s) in question use U.S. Military Aid $$$ to pay for many purchases. In effect, we are giving away free stuff all the time... vice 'selling' stuff.

I don't think the Germans have many US weapons systems in service. That said, the US is spending way too much on defense. This is a problem with the US procurement system which I think is FUBAR. The German military is good enough for the most part. And with the economy as bad as it is, there is no money for more.
If the US pushes too hard for more spending, countries might feel compelled to leave NATO and that is IMHO not in the interest of the US either.

williatw
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby williatw » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:44 am

Skipjack wrote:Who cares if Trump is pissed off?! This is Germany, not the US! Germany should not be a colony of the US.


"Piss off" Trump enough and you may see; a full scale trade war between the US and Germany that the US would likely win.


Skipjack wrote:As for the pipeline to Russia. It would not even be necessary if not for the stupid pointless Energiewende. That one was the first mistake. As for her immigration policies, well that is another topic all together. But it is probably worth mentioning that I believe that this was in the interest of the US as well (weaken Germany).


Perhaps the US had a significant hand in Germany immigration policy but I doubt it; never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity or incompetence (paraphrasing Napoleon)

Skipjack wrote:In any case, it has been a main goal of US foreign policy of the past 110 years to prevent an economic union of Germany and Russia. A combination of Germany engineering and Russian resources is one of the few things that could threaten US economic dominance.


Then the US is acting in its understandable national interest (& aren't you an American citizen now Skipjack; thought you immigrated here from Austria a few years back?). Furthermore don't think Germany would like being a vassal state to Russia any more (probably likely much less) than to the United States.

williatw
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby williatw » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:03 am

williatw wrote:Perhaps the US had a significant hand in Germany immigration policy but I doubt it; never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity or incompetence (paraphrasing Napoleon).




Merkel ACCELERATES the Kalergi Plan in Europe

Black Pigeon Speaks


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBn1xi-hHpg

Skipjack
Posts: 5954
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby Skipjack » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:50 am

williatw wrote:"Piss off" Trump enough and you may see; a full scale trade war between the US and Germany that the US would likely win.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on whether Germany partners with other nations like Russia or China, I guess.

williatw wrote:Perhaps the US had a significant hand in Germany immigration policy but I doubt it; never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity or incompetence (paraphrasing Napoleon)

If it was JUST the immigration policy, then I would say it can be explained with stupidity. If it was JUST the Energiewende, then it can be explained with stupidity. If it was JUST some unfavorable trade agreements, then it could be explained with stupidity. But all of those (and then some)?
Two is a coincidence, three is a pattern.

Skipjack wrote:In any case, it has been a main goal of US foreign policy of the past 110 years to prevent an economic union of Germany and Russia. A combination of Germany engineering and Russian resources is one of the few things that could threaten US economic dominance.

Then the US is acting in its understandable national interest (& aren't you an American citizen now Skipjack; thought you immigrated here from Austria a few years back?). Furthermore don't think Germany would like being a vassal state to Russia any more (probably likely much less) than to the United States.[/quote]
Of course the US is acting out of it's best interest. The same should be true for Germany! I am not judging the US. It is perfectly fine for the US and it's leaders to do what they are doing, been doing for over 100 years (according to George Friedman the founder of Stratfor, among other US policy makers and influencers).
It is NOT perfectly fine for a leading German politician to be acting in favor of US interests.
I am not a US citizen. I am a permanent resident. I keep that door open. If the GOP implements their latest plan for healthcare, I might have(!) to move back to Austria, whether I want to or not (would not be able to get health insurance here anymore). Would suck, since I have pretty much built a life here for myself now.
Besides, what does that have to do with anything? No matter what citizen I am, I can still have a critical opinion on what is happening in politics, US, German, Austrian and otherwise.

williatw
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Merkel is a traitor

Postby williatw » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:22 am

Skipjack wrote:If it was JUST the immigration policy, then I would say it can be explained with stupidity. If it was JUST the Energiewende, then it can be explained with stupidity. If it was JUST some unfavorable trade agreements, then it could be explained with stupidity. But all of those (and then some)? Two is a coincidence, three is a pattern.


Yes Skipjack there is a pattern (plan) see my link posted above and here again:

Merkel ACCELERATES the Kalergi Plan in Europe

Black Pigeon Speaks


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBn1xi-hHpg


Merkel is following the Kalergi Plan the gist of which is systematic long term plan to breed the German (& by extension European) population/culture to permanent minority status (if not outright eventual extinction) in their own countries and replace them with immigrants from the third world.


Skipjack wrote:I am not a US citizen. I am a permanent resident. I keep that door open. If the GOP implements their latest plan for healthcare, I might have(!) to move back to Austria, whether I want to or not (would not be able to get health insurance here anymore). Would suck, since I have pretty much built a life here for myself now.
Besides, what does that have to do with anything? No matter what citizen I am, I can still have a critical opinion on what is happening in politics, US, German, Austrian and otherwise.


I asked because if one is a citizen (of the US) then one is reasonably expected to have ones loyalties aligned with your own country; you may care about the world outside it of course. If you thought Austria (Europe) was such a socialist paradise why did you move here? You sound a bit like Californians who move to say Texas to get away from California's kookiness and then end up complaining about Texas not being more like what you ran away from.
Last edited by williatw on Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests