Curious observation

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

seedload

Post by seedload »

Mike Holmes wrote:I'm more interested in Aero's point. That he's sure they should have been done by now. Do people agree with that assessment?
No, I do not agree with that assessment. I feel that there are likely nuances that make the results unclear right now. I find several things encouraging though. One, Dr. Nebel felt that this area of study was promising enough to basically abandon his previous study to pursue it. Two, Dr. Nebel, having immersed himself in the Polywell program, obviously still finds it promising enough to not return to his previous employment. Three, the program has keep alive funding. Four, nothing negative has leaked.

Finally, the lack of information confirms my belief that there is not a deliberate element of deception (scam) in this program. If this would not work and the researchers know it but don't want us to know it, they would act more like the focus fusion group and lobby and sell the technology publicly. The fact that they don't encourages me.

regards

seedload

Post by seedload »

MSimon wrote:I agree with the no erase policy.

Let the record stand.
darn.

OK, since I left off on such a harsh note and for the record, I am going to make a short comment on why I would not vote for a Muslim.

I have nothing against individuals that follow Islam. This is their belief. In general, I am very tolerant of other's beliefs. I have some personal objections to some things in the religion. The idea that people who convert away from Islam should be executed is something that I find abhorent. The questionable morals and actions of the individual that the religion is based on also disturbs me. That said, any religion seems to have its bits of history that are disturbing. None of the above would necessarily stop my vote.

The thing about being Muslim that bothers me for our high offices is that this particular religion, as a basic tennant, does not allow for the separation of church and state. The religion teaches how the state should behave as well as how the individual should behave. A true Muslim cannot separate the two because they are both the word of God. Therefore, I feel that someone who truely follows Islamic teachings is incompatible with the Presidency. That is my objection.

regards

Mike Holmes

Post by Mike Holmes »

As I do not want to derail this thread any further, I've posted my response to Seeload in private.

Mike

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

MSimon wrote:I agree with the no erase policy.

Let the record stand.

Not making any accusations or anything, but whatever happened to the posts by that one fellow. (I can't think of his name, but they were something along the lines of earth rape, military=death, etc.) All of his posts had supposedly been moved to some forum or other, but every time I attempted to read them I received a message that no such post existed or some such.

Just wondering.

David

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

He's the exception to the rule? He went off on his raving monologue all on his own.. Not much value in saving that. Especialy not if it's going to dissuade people from joining the forum because of it.

Helius

Post by Helius »

Ravingdave,

I think it was the particularly ugly Jpegs that got him deleted /banned.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Insulting Dr. Nebel would have done it, if it had been up to me.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

David,

His posts were removed because of the ugly pictures. Had he stuck to raving (heh) he would still be here.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

MSimon wrote:David,

His posts were removed because of the ugly pictures. Had he stuck to raving (heh) he would still be here.

I didn't see any of them. I didn't even know he had posted ugly pictures.
I thought some of his perspective was interesting though.

David

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

Betruger wrote:He's the exception to the rule? He went off on his raving monologue all on his own.. Not much value in saving that. Especialy not if it's going to dissuade people from joining the forum because of it.
I followed your link. He might have been fun to argue with. I noticed his historical diatribe started around vietnam and went forward from there. I would have pointed out attrocities much further back in history than that, then asked him to compare and contrast the evilness of the Americans with that of the Soviets (Stalin 25 million + dead), the Nazis (Hitler 20 Million + dead) and the Chi-coms (Mao tse tung 65 Millioin + dead), oh and while we're at it, the Vietcong and Pol Pot.

By some standards, Americans are pikers when it comes to evil. The fact that he could write stuff like that justs proves we are far less evil than others. The soviets would have thrown him in the gulag (if he was lucky) the first wiff of it.

Some people are just sooo unaware of history and reality.

David

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

Mike Holmes wrote:Outlandish is, I guess, in the eye of the beholder. The "Obama is a Muslim" conspiracy theory is about as "outlandish" to me as the idea that John McCain was a plant by the communists in some sort of "Manchurian Candidate" style plot. Both contradicted by, well, problematic litte things called facts upon which anyone can check.
If anything, Obama is a plant for his wife. The woman screams "Lady Macbeth" to moi. :twisted:
Vae Victis

Mike Holmes

Post by Mike Holmes »

I dunno, she's no Angela Lansbury...

Perhaps too many episodes of the TV show 24?

;-)

Mike

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

Mike Holmes wrote:I dunno, she's no Angela Lansbury...

Perhaps too many episodes of the TV show 24?

;-)

Mike
Dropped 24 after season 2.

It seems to me that Obama has very few close intimates, and none new since Michelle entered his life. His record is sparse and sanitized, showing no indication of actual opinion and basis of decision or reliable counsel beyond Michelle.
Vae Victis

Nanos

Post by Nanos »

> A true Muslim cannot

Which is perhaps where the issue really is, as I wouldn't vote for anyone who was a true believer of any religion.

But, most Muslims are like most Christians, not 100% true to their faith, so I wouldn't worry if someone was a Muslim or not.

On the whole though, I do find that those who do their best to practice their religion, be what it may, tend to choose the best of it, and are good people, no matter which religion or country they are in.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

On the whole though, I do find that those who do their best to practice their religion, be what it may, tend to choose the best of it, and are good people, no matter which religion or country they are in.
The best Muslims practice or support jihad.

Not all religions are equal.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.