Off topic posts

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Re: off topic.

Post by MSimon »

Helius wrote:Did ya notice?

This thread *itself* went off topic! :)
There will be serious consequences.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Aero

Re: Off topic posts

Post by Aero »

Aero wrote:People who make off topic posts probably don't realize that they are degrading their own credibility as technically knowledgeable, certainly their credibility to work successfully within a professional group, the credibility of the whole BB, and by extension, the Polywell concept. Is there any way to determine who makes the most off topic posts in a way that the affected parties would recognize without taking offense?
I think this thread has served its purpose. MSimon has claimed the somewhat dubious distinction of making the most off topic posts, and I don't get the impression that he has been offended. Going off topic at this point to rag on Simon is just fun.

If anyone wants to start a new topic of ragging on off topic posters, go for it, but though it is a little off topic, ragging on Simon seems a natural extension of this thread. I think it was Harry Truman who said, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen." Simon hasn't given any indication that is is anything but a fun learning experience for all of us.
Aero

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

My intention was to defuse the initial comment so the thread did not degenerate into a name calling thread.

I have served my purpose.

The difficulty with a technology like the BFR is that because it deals with economics and politics side topics will always be a problem.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

gblaze42

Post by gblaze42 »

MSimon wrote:My intention was to defuse the initial comment so the thread did not degenerate into a name calling thread.
Thats what I thought. Personally I thought it was very presumptuous thing for Aero to say, but didn't want to get into an endless argument of personal relativism.

Aero

Post by Aero »

gblaze42 wrote:
MSimon wrote:My intention was to defuse the initial comment so the thread did not degenerate into a name calling thread.
Thats what I thought. Personally I thought it was very presumptuous thing for Aero to say, but didn't want to get into an endless argument of personal relativism.
gblaze42, just exactly what was "very presumptuous thing to say?" No, don't answer that as it would most assuredly be off topic.
Aero

Roger

Post by Roger »

Aero wrote: No, don't answer that as it would most assuredly be off topic.
:_-)

:lol:
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.